WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #99 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fairfax, Virginia
“Miami Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

As someone who travels around the world hosting meetings, I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of this hotel. The boutique feeling was inviting and the artwork added a beautiful touch compared to the normal start walls and crazy patterned carpet. The meetings staff was extremely accommodating and attentive. The Banquets Department was a superstar and improvised when my normally late-rising attendees all decided to eat breakfast at the same time.

The real downside of the property is the mosquito issue. The structure of the outdoor restaurant is on top of a constantly wet space and promotes the breeding. Once we discovered the issue, we had to spray ourselves down with bug spray.

South Beach is not my normal scene, but as a relaxing destination, I would consider coming back to the James Royal Palm.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard H, Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for the details on your in house meeting experience. I regret to hear about the mosquito issue. We are making efforts to enhance the area and comfort.

We hope to have you back on your next trip to Miami Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Generally speaking my wife and I found the hotel very welcoming and in a good location. The old charm of this hotel was preserved with a tasteful renovation. We had a few issues related to our specific situation but this does not negate that the hotel met our needs.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the posting. The hotel has made extensive efforts to detail its décor and I’m happy to hear you liked it.

Kindly email me at rhai@jameshotels.com the details about your issues. I would like the opportunity to address them if possible. I hope to hear from you and I appreciate the feedback.
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great location and staff,good value,was there a conference,everything ran very smoothly.Ate at Florida Cookery for breakfast ,lunch and dinner and they were very good experiences.Lovely pool area and accessibility to the beach brilliant

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the culinary experience and pool during your stay. Please hurry back so we can see you soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a typical restored art deco hotel in Miami Beach. The location is great, right in front of the beach and with entrance on Collins Av, near Lincoln Road. The rooms are large and modern. The main problens with this hotel are: (i) the service, which is careless, inattentive and poor and (ii) the cleanliness in the common areas. Trays of room service food would sit in the corridors for a whole day without being picked up.

1 Thank GlobalTravelMan2014
Richard H, Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thanks for the review. I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations. We try our very best to be a unique hotel that care for our guests. Service and cleanliness is our standard and important to me. Rest assured I will circle back with the teams to address the issues shared here.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Miami Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Everything was very good.

the only things than we can say are:

There were few waiters at the pool and we had to wait 15 minutes minimum to make an order.

There were some children without their parents, running and shouting around the pool and was so annoying to be there.

There was a dog at the pool and nobody from staff did and said nothing to dog's owner.

We went to the beach and the umbrella were to expensive (19 dollar), it could free according to the price and the category of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the comments. I’m sorry to hear that your poolside experience was not the best. I will talk to the team to better the operation.

I appreciate the concern about our retreat fee of $19 which allows usage of amenities throughout our property. The price allows us to extend additional services with added value. Thanks again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you soon.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Everything from the staff, the service, the contemporary decorated the rooms, the location and the beach club I LOVED! This was a hotel totally my style. Beds were so comfortable I never wanted to get up. The staff super service minded and friendly. The service around the pool and at the beach club was amazing as well as the food and the drinks. You even got a basket with fruit and water. There was wifi at the beach! Writing this review really makes me think back and remember how good it was, I wanna go back RIGHT NOW!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel1976
Wow! Thanks for the review. Happy to hear you had a great time at our hotel and enjoyed the amenities. We enjoy having frequent guests of The James Royal Palm so hurry back soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Location of this hotel on SoBe without being at the heart of the craziness (close enough to see all SouthBeach has to offer without being immersed in it) was key in my choosing it, as well as the size of rooms, clean facility, and opportunity to reserve a balcony. Some of those expectations worked out. Our room (602) was large, and we liked the layout. The room featured a "walkout balcony" - which apparently means just narrow enough to step onto. Not sure you could fit a chair on it. I expected more, although once there it was not a big issue, since the nights are warm and sitting inside with the AC was nice. The ocean suites might have larger balconies, at a substantial premium. If you are looking at The James because you want a balcony, do not. The Loews and Z hotel a few doors down both looked like they had good large balconies.
There was an outdoor wedding, and the music was a serious issue- with the bass thumping well past midnight (1am?). Management said an outdoor wedding on the property was rare, and made a small adjustment to the bill - although I would have preferred the sleep. A few highlight were: dinner at Catch, one of the on premise restaurants. There is also a paver path that runs up and down the beachfront for several miles, that is directly behind the hotel (as well as any other hotel on the beach) with the beach on the other side. Great for a run, bike ride (as others have said, the hotel does have bikes for guest use). Two chairs and blankets are free with a standard room. The place has a great open feel, not overly developed, with nice art. The spa is nice, my wife enjoyed a massage. The main pool was not large, and was full. All in all the location is great if you want fun but not a rave, and we found the place clean and well run - but the late, loud music was really an issue for us the one night. I had not seen that as an issue on other reviews, so was very surprised and disappointed. Ultimately, I liked the place but not sure I was impressed enough to return, versus the numerous other options.

Room Tip: Room 602 west tower was large and had a great layout, although too low, and although it had a narrow...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt W
Thanks for the reviews. I’m sorry to hear about the balcony. We have many categories in our hotel that may assist with different preferences. The oceanfront rooms are best for large balconies and possess spectacular views of the ocean.

I appreciate the comments about the events as we try our best to create the right experience for all who visit us. It appears that we did not meet this expectation with you and for that I apologize about the issue. I hope we have the chance to have you back in the near future.