“Great service, location and food”

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #97 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Best poolside service in South Beach. Magdalena, Raquel and Martin are the best. Hotel has clean rooms and good food. The 2 bedroom apartment is fantastic

Only negative is they charge for umbrellas at the beach

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I cant believe I waited so long to write my review. I stayed at the James Royal Palm in Miami last May (May 2013) with several friends and family members to celebrate my 40th birthday. The James in a nutshell is great. Centrally located within walking distance of the beach, city center, and Ocean drive. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff was very accompdating we loved the Valet team they worked so hard and always greeted us by name as we returned each night from parrying. I enjoyed laying on the beach under the umbrella's. The fresh fruit and the basket of goodies on the beach was a pleasant touch. My bestfriend went to the spa and said services were great and my boyfriend and brother in law worked out in the gym daily and said equipment was well kept and offered them an adequate "vacation workout " I opted to run along the boardwalk each morning and loved returning to the James and being greeted by the gracious staff. All in all you wont be disappointed with The James in Miami they even suprised me with a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake in my room on my special day! Its the small touched that makes this revamped 60's gem a special place to relax party and play in Miami.

Room Tip: Visit Oyster or tripadvisor posted photos of rooms and ask in advance f visit. Ocean views are worth...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014

First room in the Lanai - VERY musty but large - views of concrete walls and parking garage. Requested upgrade, hotel accommodated for $100 more per night New room -ocean front, 12th floor- beautiful! Bar service, restaurant service were top notch Staff both knowledgable and pleasant. Staff on beach - Kevin, Berlin, Steve, all.... fantastic! Bartenders at CAtCH - personable and friendly on a very slow night. The beach staff - chair guys and wait staff on beach were amazing! Hotel grounds were beautiful and clean. Housekeeping - a total mystery! First night, coffee bar full, body cream half used, from previous guest. Every day after day 1, I had to call front desk to get coffee (instant) and creamers delivered to room - housekeeping never replenished. Small thing, and every time I called delivery was prompt, but why did I have to call? Cleaning was shoddy, items remained on floor for 2 days. Rug was not vacuumed. Website says twice daily service - NEVER happened. After paying resort fee daily, daily umbrella charge of $19 seems like an insult. Great location -walking distance to Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road, Concierge had great recommendations. Fish Called Avalon -Great seafood.

Room Tip: Do not book "Lanai" rooms - no view, dank, dark, musty smell. Corner rooms, view rooms wo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I was greeted by a staff member who accused me of "ignoring" her parking directions when in fact all I was doing was trying not to block the driveway.

We then checked in, informing them we were staying as part of our honeymoon.
As our room wasn't ready, our bags were put into storage and we were told they'd be brought in once the room was available.

We were then placed in a room with no view and our bed head backed onto a freezer room.

Our bags then never arrived and we had to call to get them brought to us.

The pool was nice and the beach is a very short walk from the hotel.
There was a definite "party" atmosphere around the pool and I felt for those who had kids or older family members.
Drinks at the bar were also insanely expensive.

Definitely wouldn't stay again for the price. Rude customer service right from word go and overall, just a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for the review of your stay. I was certainly disappointed about the reception you received and I am very sorry that your special time started in that manner. I have brought your concerns to the team to ensure that we do not approach any other guests in such a way as to make them feel underappreciated. I do apologize your bags did not meet you in the room as well and you had to follow up. I hope the rest of your honeymoon was much more relaxed and enjoyable and I hope you will return in the future to see us again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed an unfortunately brief night at the James before heading to a wedding in Ft. Lauderdale. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable yet chic and modern, and the location was amazing - located close enough to the honky-tonkish Ocean Ave strip to wander through but then also head to some of the clubs like the Delano; plus, it's right on the beach and you can choose between a private area on the beach with drink and food service, or lounging by the pool.

My two complaints were that 1) the prices for everything (coffee, a beer, etc.) were unbelievably high, but I think that is to be expected; 2) the bathroom door didn't actually shut.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

It was wonderful to see that you enjoyed our location and the amenities that the property has to offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in South Beach. I have made note to our Engineering Team to check on the door to your bathroom to make sure that it is properly closing. thank you for letting us know of that issue. Hurry back and come see us again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel it was pricey but apparently there is a Florida resident discount I didn't know about. The location is perfect within walking distance to everything you would want to see in south beach .

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Now that we have your email address, we will definitely make sure you receive any promotions concerning our Florida Resident discounts so you can return and enjoy us again. Hurry back.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very nice Hotel Location & very clean, Very helpful staff , Very Good outdoor restaurant & Brunch.
you can rent a Scooter or a Bicycle 2 hours free of charge.
Pricey rate , Small Swimming Pool if you compare it with the Hotel size !
The is no good WIFI signal in all rooms.

Room Tip: If you want a good Sea view choose a full sea view or front sea view & High floor!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Thamer-Awliya
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. Many of our guests are excited to use our complimentary bikes to sightsee and enjoy South Beach. I am so glad you were able to use them to tour the area. I hope that you were able to enjoy each of our three pools and the beach while you were on property. We do have something for everyone. Hurry back and see us again soon.