Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #100 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
“WOW!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Where do I start? I stayed here Sept 20-22 with my wife for our 9 year anniversary. This was our first time in South Beach and the James Royal Palm made us feel like we were truly appreciated. Location: Perfect Ocean Dr, Lincoln Rd. all within a stones throw. Dining options, shopping, bars ,clubs all you can ask for. Rooms: I must say the beds where the most comfortable I have ever stayed in, the room clean as can be and the view great if you are facing oceanfront, spacious enough for the limited time you're in it. (Come on you're in South Beach!) Oh by the way a nice playful surprise in the room bar! Now the STAFF! This is what sets this hotel apart from any other hotel we have stayed in. Front desk manager Caesar made check in a breeze and accommodated an upgrade with no issues instantly. Bellboy Mike greeted and delivered with advice and was a pleasant person to have small talk with. Peter the Concierge went out of his way to make sure we hit all the hot spots and delivered on guest list request! Beverage Manager Alhadji was absolutely on point with his drinks, and suggestions. He definitely represents the James brand with professionalism. The pool team great, coffee girls also did a fantastic job. I have never felt the need to really go out of my way to review somewhere but the James delivered! Thanks for an unforgettable weekend see you next year! Happy Guest.

1 Thank JeremiahL356
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
So nice to see that you enjoyed the entire resort while you were here. I appreciate that you took the time to tell us about the Team Member interactions that made your stay special- that way we can thank them personally and recognize their efforts. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Long Beach
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is beautifully remodeled, on the beach with amazing customer service! The concierge not only set up our Everglades tour but was able to recommend and get us into a great restaurant. We decided Saturday at noon we wanted to go to an upscale restaurant the was completely booked but, the concierge was able to get us in that night! The beach club was beautiful and very convenient. The view from our ocean front room was to die for!

This trip we went as a young couple without kids, which was perfect. Right in the middle of the bars, shopping, restaurants, clubs and upscale restaurants. But, we are expecting twins so we were keeping our eyes out for activities and areas to come back with the kids. We were surprised to find, we would not hesitate to come back to James Royal Palm with the kids. The beach club had sand toys for the kids, the hotel staff was very friendly and the people staying in the hotel were all ages. We can't wait to come back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jayme V
So happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. We can't wait for you to return with the twins. Our Lil' James Play Space offers a lot of activities for the whole family to enjoy and we're sure you are going to need some down time once you have a full house! Come visit us soon.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When you arrive you dont get impressed by the entrance or the frontdoor services, but once you are checked in and get into your room you understand how great your hotel is.
Also with an outstanding location, you are in a walking distance from almost every cool dining place in South Beach.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank KBTrin
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks for the review. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the fact that we are close to so many activities in the South Beach area. Come back and visit us again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wonderful visit to the James Royal Palm. Staff was exceptional over 5 days, helpful, friendly. The room was comfortable, and I liked in the in-room amenities -- shampoo, etc in large bottles in the shower, fresh distilled water, and a well stocked minibar with different snack offerings. Was at a conference, and all the food we had was excellent, better than most meetings. Had room service for breakfast, arrived fresh and on time. Some noise from the hallway and balcony above (called the desk on that one, and the noise stopped), as people tend to party late in Miami. Next time I'll put on some white noise using the iPod docking station.

I didn't get to use all the amenities, but believe the resort fee is a good value if you can use them -- bikes, surfboards, and stand up paddle boards available complimentary, plus the beach chair service everyone seems to enjoy. Did a yoga class on the spa deck early morning as the sun rose over the ocean, unbeatable! Hope to return for a leisure trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GlobetrottingFan
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. On your next visit be sure to put aside some time to use our complimentary skateboards and bicycles. They are a fun way to see Miami Beach. Come back to visit soon!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently spent two nights in The James Royal Palm hotel, Miami beach Florida. The boutique hotel is situated in the heart of south beach Miami, and is in walking distance to bars, shops and restaurants. Lincoln Road’s restaurants and shops are only a few blocks away. The Miami city tour bus also stops nearby. It’s a fantastic location.
My room was fabulous, an ocean view deluxe king guest room, with a modern and contemporary design and stunning views of Miami south beach and the Atlantic ocean. My favorite thing in the room or bathroom for that matter, had to be the toiletries, Intelligent Nutrients. The body wash is invigorating and stimulating, I literally felt my whole body tingling. It also smells good enough to eat.
The hotel boasts two outdoor swimming pools and easy access to a private section on Miami’s South beach but at a cost. The obligatory fee of 21 dollars takes care of your loungers, towels, a basket with bottled water and fresh fruit and a cocktail list 14 dollars plus 18% gratuity
I ordered nachos with freshly made salsa and guacamole from the Florida Cookery 11 dollars plus 18% gratuity.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would most definitely recommend it to a friend. From the spectacular views, super friendly and competent staff, the delicious Florida cookery and the ambient atmosphere, it gets a ten out of 10 in my hotel book.

Room Tip: Ocean View
1 Thank Steffibeaver
Thank you for the lovely comments. It is such a pleasure to realize that we have met your expectations and even exceeded them in some areas. I hope that you will visit us again soon.
New York
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at The James south beach for the first time this past weekend. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and professional and always asked if they could be of service. The room was large and comfortable. I stayed in the king apartment suite. It was lovely with beautiful modern furnishings. I feel that the value for this room was amazing.
One thing that did bother me was the balcony or lack thereof. The room is advertised to have ocean views with a balcon. The "balcony" in this room was merely a step out with no room for a chair to sit and enjoy the view.
The second thing that bothered me was the noise on Friday morning. I had called the hotel to specifically ask if there was any type of construction going on and was told there was not. Lo and behold, 8am Friday morning we were woken up by pounding and hammering and all kinds of construction noises. They should be honest about issues such as construction so we know what to expect or can make other arrangements.
Otherwise, the hotel was great! I would definitely stay there again-as long as no construction :-))

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank meeeeeeeeee
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I apologize if the information regarding the size of the balcony was misleading. It is a step out balcony and we try to make that clear on all of our booking channels. As for the construction taking place at our neighbor property, I am sorry that we were not able to give you better information as they don't always share their improvement schedules with us. I do hope you were able to have a great visit and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

They did a great job renovating the old hotel and keeping with the Art Deco theme for the area. The rooms are moderate, which is Art Deco, the bed is fabulous, the comfy robe and towels with the awesome shampoo, conditioner and body wash was spa like. The lighting was sparse, if you plan to work in the room, it is difficult. But who wants to work in your room in Miami Beach? The Renew Spa is cozy and the excellent guest service overflows. I had a facial and a mani/pedi and I highly suggest it, at least a massage and a facial. Right off the spa is the smaller of two pools, the larger is downstairs and has cabanas and food and drinks. The beach area is just as fabulous and the service is extreme. I highly recommend this hotel for families, couples, or even business (bring your own light). Thanks for making me feel like royalty!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Okinawa2009
How nice it was to read your review and to realize that we had exceeded all of your expectations. I'm especially glad that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful spa, renew! It is a lovely space and I am happy that the service met your expectations. Come back to visit us again soon.