“Good resort in great location”

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #99 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Good resort in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for one night on a Saturday in August. The valley was nice and helpful from the jump. The staff at the front counter were nice as well. You have to try the cucumber water in the lobby ad well, it's very refreshing...lol. Anyways, we were upgraded to a better room because we booked on jetsetter and the resort fee was included with our package, and the front desk guy told us he waved the fee but it still ended up being on our bill.
The room we were upgraded to was nice. It had modern decor with a sleek feel to it. The only thing that was missing was the service and the small extras to the room. Like the small bottles of the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. None of which was put in our room. Also, we never had our room prepped when leaving later on that day, which was shocking of a resort of this caliber. Overall it was a decent stay. The proximity to the beach is a win, and the pool area is lush! The only thing about the beach area was they didn't open until 9:30am because of "turtle" season. We wanted to relax in the chairs and under the umbrellas @ 7am, sort of wake up on the beach. But it was fine and relaxing. Overall a pretty decent stay and good area for beach, food, and play. I heard the food at the resort is pretty good as well, but I didn't get a chance to check it out this time.

• Stayed August 2013
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thanks so much for telling us about your stay. Regarding the small bottles of shampoo and conditioner, the property is green and therefore we utilize the larger refillable bottles as part of our programming. I apologize if this was not clear to you during your stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Newly renovated hotel, very "SoBe" style. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Rooms were very spacious according to most South Beach hotel rooms and very nicely decorated. Super comfortable beds and lots of extra little perks, like complimentary distilled water which was replenished daily and big bottles of high quality shampoo, conditioner and body wash that were afixed in the shower itself...very impressive! And I really liked that the beach chairs and umbrellas were included in our reservation so I didn't have to worry about bringing cash with me to the beach every day. The house keeping staff was very diligent in keeping my room neat and tidy and clean. Only area in need of improvement was the hallways which could have used a good vacuum.

This hotel is great for any type of travel, from business, to family to friends....something for everyone.

Best location in South Beach in my humble opinion anyways. Very centrally located and easy access to Ocean Drive or Lincoln Road and with being right on the beach, you can't get any easier access to the sun, sand and ocean either. Although I have stayed in other SoBe hotels before, I will definitely be going back to The James Royal Palm for my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks so much for the review. It is great to hear that you were able to have a great time while staying with us. It is also good to hear that you will be coming back to see us when you return to the area. Thanks again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there to close to the clubs and beach at the same time and it was perfect. The Concierge gave us Hotel Pass for Mansion and other clubs that got us right in. It was perfectly located on the beach and we had a great time

2 Thank Agnessobe
So glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. I am happy to hear that the concierge was able to accommodate your requests and get you into the right party spots. Come back and see us again soon!
Chicago, IL USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here and the best thing about it was the beach access and the Florida Cookery where the food was delicious. But on the first night, they couldn't get our door open, so we had to move to a different room. They did comp us breakfast the next day which was nice. The servers and people at the outdoor restaurant were more polite and friendly than at the hotel itself. We got a pretty good deal by booking online, but I would try somewhere else if I were to go back. The water pitcher in the room was another nice add-on. The shampoo and conditioner and body soap was amazing.

Room Tip: The balcony is only a very small opening. No room to sit out there at all. Be careful of all the ext...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveTaveling
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I was disappointed to hear that there were elements of your trip that did not go as planned. I apologize regarding the problems with your lock and hope we were able to fix them in an expeditious manner. Thanks for staying with us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Trendy hotel with great amenities. Food was delicious room was clean and the staff was great. The only down side is for 5 star hotel to charge $15 to use the beach is a little tacky but other then that everything top notch.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for your comments regarding your stay. It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable visit in South Beach. I apologize if the beach fee was unexpected and we certainly never intend to surprise our guests with any of our fees. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future.
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just came back today from a 4 days getaway at the James Royal Palm with 2 friends. Overall I'm very happy we picked this hotel, however I cannot give it a perfect rating for a few reasons.

I will start by saying that the room was great.
The decoration was nice, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and spacious. We had booked an ocean view room..Let s just say we did not really see the ocean from our room. In order to see the ocean we had to go on the balcony and look between two buildings to see the water. If you want a ocean view, that might not be what you will be getting. We didnt mind that much, but just felt that we would not have paid the extra amount to get an ocean view room, had we known that that s what we would be getting.

The service at the hotel was truly exceptional. Everyone was extremely friendly.Everyone at the beach and at the pool were really helpful, even though we were there during a very busy weekend. I would give the service a 10/10, with one exception. One of the concierge...I do not remember his name, but I do not know how he got a job as a concierge. We asked him if there would be anything interesting going on in South Beach during Labor day weekend, and he answered: "Not really anything is going on this weekend" I really have a hard time believing that. Then we asked him about the opening hours of a mall, and he simply told us that he didnt know...Anything we would ask him, he wouldnt be able to give us an answer.

We had breakfeast at the hotel everyday during our stay. Breakfast was always really good, and we really enjoyed the view from the upstairs dining room.

The grounds and restaurants of the hotel were great also. There s a cool and relaxed vibe that we really appreciated and I would definitely consider staying there again during my next stay in South Beach if I would be able to make sure to get an ocean view room next time.

Room Tip: The room we were in, 902, you could hear the music from the club downstairs. If you are a light slee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for detailing your stay. While we are glad to hear that most elements of your visit met your expectations, it is disappointing to hear that the view and one of our concierges did not. I hope that you will come back to stay with us next time you are traveling in South Beach again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I truly enjoyed my 4 day stay. Staff retrieved our bags, and gave us a refreshing drink upon arrival. Check in was smooth. The room was perfect. I saw on the site beforehand that renovation was taking place and we lost power twice but it was only for a matter of minutes. The cabanas and the pool are beautiful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to future travelers.

1 Thank BahamianCapricorn
So glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I certainly apologize for the power outages during your stay. Unfortunately they affected much of South Beach but only for a few minutes each time. I hope you will visit us again in the near future.