Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #100 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Stamford, Connecticut
“Perfect 4 days”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went to Miami to relax and go to the beach. The James Royal Palm was perfect. There is no hassle for a beach chair. If you like front row then you need to go at 9 a.m. on Friday or Saturday. My room was ready at 10 a.m. and I checked right in and went to the beach. If you forget your suntan lotion...go to Walgreens or just buy the lotion from your room ($12). If you purchase in the gift shop, the prices start at $32. I found that out the hard way. The staff was exceptionally helpful. Everyone around me made me feel like I was the only person there. I went to the Renew Spa and it was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Ava. She gave me a Aqua Facial...I looked like a different person when I left there. The beach is right there, everything is so easy.
The views from my room 1407 were amazing. I will go back to the JRP on every visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Patrick H, General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Fairfield2386-

Thank you for the great review. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to assist in accomplishing your goals of relaxing and going to the beach! We love Ava too, she's the best.

Appreciate you sharing your experience at The James Royal Palm with the Tripadvisor nation and look forward to welcoming you back!

Patrick Hatton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Their is not a horrible or mediocre thing to write about with The James Royal Palm.
The hotel speaks for itself. From check in to check out service was impeccable. The staff was very well versed in providing first class service, you never knew if anyone was having a bad day. The rooms were spacious and clean. A well provided room, the soap products were organic (if you enjoy that kind of thing) & I'm a huge fan of robes. The pools were beautiful & you need to spend time in the hot-tub that has a waterfall, nice touch. Let's face it, Ocean Blvd., & South Beach, wow!!!!! Right outside the back door. The work out room equipped with top equipment. Definitely, a place to consider if South Beach is a destiny stop on your vacation. Would come again.

• Stayed May 2013
Carocass1432-

Amazing review. Thank you. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the team, location, room, amenities, the Gym and the hot tub! Pleased that we didn't provide you any horrible or mediocre things to say about us!

See you soon!

New york
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I thought the design of the hotel and pool was really clean and aesthetically pleasing. Also, the Florida Cookery (the casual restaurant) was great. I had a wonderful lunch that was healthy and extremely tasty. My room was also super cool. The view from everywhere in the room was great, even including the shower which had an amazing view of the beach and ocean. All and all a great place to stay.

jl1999-

Thank you for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again soon.

Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The James offers the PERFECT Beach location. Lovely rooms, pool areas and gym. Spa looks to be amazing even though I didn't get to go...yet! Room service was great and the staff was super friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: balcony oceanfront room hard to beat!!!!
1 Thank KCGCM
KCGCM-

Fantastic review! Thank you. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy renew, the spa, while you were with us. The 4th floor relaxation terrace over looking the ocean is as amazing as the salt infused services you get inside!

Come back soon so you can write another review about your PERFECT spa experience please!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed May 7th-10th 2013. Overall a fantastic experience. Absolutely perfect location - right on the beach and within walking distance of shopping and restaurants on Lincoln Road. We had a partial ocean view - very nice. Service was excellent, particularly at the beach and pool where they would set up a chair with towels and provide a complimentary box containing water and fruit. The daily fresh fruit cups were also a nice touch.

OK, to be fair I do have two relatively minor complaints. First, the housekeeping was inconsistent at best. We were frequently left without clean towels until late in the day and one day the housekeeper came to the room while we were getting ready for dinner. Not quite the "twice daily housekeeping with turndown" promised on their website. We're not too demanding, so we dealt with it. The other issue is the bathroom door. It's a sliding door that only covers the opening, and not even completely. There was always a 2-3 inch gap - not exactly private.

All in all, we had a great time and we would definitely stay at the James again!!

2 Thank Kdthurman
Kdthurman-

Thank you for the 5 Star review and constructive feedback. I appreciate hearing about what people love AND what we can do better. it is most helpful.

Glad you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back!

General Manger
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My girlfriend was the one who was adamant to stay here. I must admit I was not convinced. However we Loved it from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.

All the staff are really friendly and made our stay feel like a personal experience. The rooms were kept clean and the decor was truly unique. Location wise all the key areas were within walking distance. The beach was a few metres away from the hotel. The service throughout the hotel to the beach was fantastic.

I went out there with my girlfriend with the intention to pop the question. The hotel was more than accommodating. Peter Tapia, one of the many fantastic concierges took care of us and made it a magical experience for me and my fiancé and helped make all the arrangements to set the scene for my proposal.

I recommend The James as the place to stay in miami. We will be visiting again same time next year.

Krupesh S-

Congratulations on your engagement! Thrilled to read that we were could help create your magical experience (and that she said "Yes"). The lesson here is clearly that you should ALWAYS listen to your girlfriend/fiance/wife. I've been married 20 years and trust me, it's the most important lesson you'll ever learn! Please feel free to reach out to me off line if you have any questions.

Hope you have a magical engagement and wedding. Honeymoon in South Beach seems like a no brainer here....

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Royal Palms surprised me. It's situated about a 5 minute walk from the "action" on ocean drive, so it's zen enough when you're done partying. Though a new hotel, they had most things figured out. The walk way from the pool to the beach was excellent, as well as the $20.00 service fee, to have a bed and umbrella waiting by the beach- I appreciated. They were always on their game, I never waited for anything.

The bar / restaurant by the pool had some delicious salads, but once you order them prepare to wait. I will say the wait is worth it, I'm still day dreaming about the Arugala salad I ate there.

The one issue I faced was the elevator which broke while I was in it, the lights turned off (I'm clausterphobic). A word to the wise, don't use the middle elevator.

The coffee at the hotel was very expensive and not tasty, as a coffee Connesseur if I pay $6.50 for an espresso, I expect an Organic Arabica coffee bean, slow drip. There is a mis-conception to making coffee as "simple". This was brutal coffee, but the girls making it were very personable and provided excellent customer service. If you exit the hotel, turn right, there is an Aroma Espresso with better coffee.

Also Michael the "sun concierge" at this hotel was phenomenal at his job and made sure our large group had everything we needed.

I've stayed in the James in New YOrk and the James in Chicago and this is a sunny version of those two, very representative of Miami. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is gorgeous!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Omorfotigraki
Omorfotigraki-

Thank you for the great review and constructive feedback regarding your experience with us. I also appreciate you brand loyalty! You are a true James guest. I am terribly sorry about the elevator situation. While the interruption of service is scary, I assure you that the elevators are modernized and have the latest safety technology to make sure our guests are safe.

The Arugula salad with tomatoes and roasted goat cheese salad is my favorite too. Try it with grilled Mahi Mahi next time. Glad it was worth the wait (and sorry for the delay).

Hope to see you back soon.