Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #97 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel, nice big hotel room, beautiful beach and pool area. However, the restaurant and staff are inexperienced and it seems there is not good management to oversee them. GM is very nice and working very hard to ensure everything is moving forward. They might need a F&B director to oversee wait staff; they have a beautiful restaurant but there is usually no one there. Concierge staff were good but one of them misguided me and I ended up having a bad last night there. The turn down service keeps knocking on my door to check on me even when I have locked the door and did not want to get disturbed.
The hotel is very new and is getting there. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded room with view in the main building
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was coming from a 1-week cruise of the Caribbean when I decided I wanted to stay in SoBe. I had been there this past September only to have huge disappointment at the Dream hotel. So instead, I opted to try something a bit more expensive - but it was worth every penny.

From the moment we arrived to the hotel the service was excellent. Multiple staff greeted our taxi and helped us out with our luggage. Upon walking into the front entrance, the hotel was very clean and fresh (and you could see the improvements from the recent renovation). The staff at the front desk were very polite and helped to get us checked-in in no-time.

After that we went upon with one of the guys from downstairs, who was helping with baggage, to our guestroom. Although this was the "average" room of the hotel, when walking in it was anything but. The room was bright, fresh and crisp.

Plus:
- Great Location
- Beautiful Hotel
- Amazing Pool Area
- Great Food
- Friendly Staff
- LUXRY ! ! !

Negative:
- Club at night on the weekend made it busy/noisy, especially for lower floors
- Service was slow at pool bar/restaurant, but worth the wait

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The James has a great location, close to the lincoln road, ocean drive, just in front of the beach on the collins avenue.

The building has just been refurbished, so is like a brand new hotel. The rooms have a good view and a small balcony that you can use to smoke or relax with the view, but when I say small, is because it is really small, you can not seat on it.

The bath room is ok, no bath tub, but good shower.

The bed is really comfortable, and you have a table for two, smart tv, coofe machine and a frigobar.

They have two swimming pools, a smaller one in the second floor and a bigger one in the first floor in front of the beach, altought you can not see the ocean from the bigger one, because of the threes...

The best part of the hotel for me were the beach. They have two bangalos to take your orders and make you sun beds for spending the day. Great !

The worst part is the valet parking, it costs $40, that is ok, I believe is the price in south beach, but it takes like 30min to them to get your car, and when they do not have more room for your car in the building next to the hotel they take it to another place in the surroundings.

The overall experience was very good and I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night with little advance planning. Fabulous decor and wonderful location. Our guest room was small, but the cool decor made it so unique. We also found it very quiet which we were not expecting as the hotel is so close to nightlife. I cannot comment on the service as we were not there long enough to enjoy any of the hotel amenities. However, those we encountered (front desk and valet) were wonderful. In terms of location, we were able to stoll out the front of the hotel one block down to Lincoln Road which is full of cafes, shops and activity. Such fun. In the other direction, less than a block away, is a lovely stroll down Ocean Drive to enjoy the beach, the architecture, people, hotels and sidewalk cafes. We had a wonderful experience at the James Royal Palm.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We travel a lot and stay in some of the worlds best hotels. I would like to rank this operation right up there. Every member of staff that we have came in contact with were amazing, from door guy to the restaurant managers everyone seems so nice and happy to be at work…. Which is a big credit to the management.

We will defiantly be going back and recommending the hotel to all our friends, family and colleagues.

Great service
Great staff
Great value
Great rooms
Great beds

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emtin J
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel through the citi credit card rewards program, and were very pleasantly surprised. Beautiful property, with modern sleek furnishings. The service was incredible - from being greeted at the entrance to being provided with beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. We really felt pampered. The location was really great - situated at the end of ocean drive, and 3 blocks away from espaniola way.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I wrote a review a few days ago and it did not post. This is a great hotel. I would recommend it to anyone going to south beach for a short or longterm stay. The customer services topples 5-star hotels I have visited around the world. I travel a ton. I am sitting on flight writing this review. Go to the pool and see Martin or the Conceirge. Martin is one of the waiters; he literally ran on beach to food truck to get us something the hotel did not have in stock. Rooms are very nice, exceptionally clean, bright and equipped with cool electronics and some interesting stuff in the mini bar. Florida Cookery and other bars and lounges are great for serious eaters or just snacks. Great location on the beach as well. Very customer service oriented as well. I really enjoyed the stay. I will be going back very soon.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business