“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ocean Surf Blue
Stockholm, Sweden
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Paid for the room, but couldn't be there at all. Very dirty and it smelled very bad...
Cancelled our reservation after we saw the room.
Found some old food left in the fridge at the room.

The location is good if you wanna be close to the north beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LarsRoots

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Fujisawa, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Worst hotel I ever used

So terrible
Dirty
Elevator is out oh service

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank miyasan

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Caracas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good attention and economic tariff....I will recommend it to my friends and relatives.... Good location and just steps to the beach,... near banks and restaurants and public transportation..
For sure I will be glad to come back to this Hotel... may be early next year... Thanks a lot....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Chose the hotel based on the pictures provided on the website, and it's location (right on the beach!!!). Unfortunately, as per it's Art Deco styling, the building is old and decrepit. The paint on the walls is peeling, the elevator didn't work, nor did the tiny air conditioning unit, which left the room pretty humid. The cleaning lady was super nice but the rooms were dirty. The women at the front desk were incredibly rude and unhelpful. Despite the ridiculous inadequcies of the hotel, the beach is literally across the street, so depending on how you plan to spend your ime in Miami, it may or may not be worth it.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank unholycactus
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was looking for a hote thru cheaprooms.com recomended by my friend who is no longer my friend. I selected my dates on the main page. See my son and I are going on a family reunion and I am going on a budget so when I stomp upon a $57.00 dollars a night I was so happy. When i hit the select button the dates defaulted back to July 27 again I adjusteed and continue by the time i got the reservation number the dates where wrong. I called Cheap rooms and after 5 call they were rude and refuse to help me. I called the hotel but there was no manager. the next day I called the manager I am on a long distance call crying my eyes out and she started yelling saying that I had an attitude that she did not had to help me and kept on without letting me talk. It was a non- refundable reservation which I found out after. Finally she agree If I send a letter she promise to send me a confirmation email i am still waiting I am scare to go and being told I do not have a reservation. Stupidly I did not look at the reviews before. Do not know what to do she was very un-profesional, rude and demeaning. I do not want to have to go thru this but I do not want to loose the money. I will be sending another review after my stay and filling a complaint . what to do?

Room Tip: Do not Jump into this special deals there are a a set up look at the reviews in trip advisor and loo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Do not be mislead by the pictures posted by the hotel, they are very outdated, my guess is almost 20 years old and do not represent the hotels current conditions which in my own opinion are down right disgusting.

When you first arrive, there is no parking for hotel guest, passes are required to park at the meters over night. Check in is typical, staff is friendly however everything else is down hill from there. The elevator is out of service with a sign that has cob webs on it. I later did some research and would guesstimate that it has been out over 2 years, probably because it can not pass state inspection laws..... So you need to lug all your suit cases up three flights of stairs. When walking down the hallway it looks like something from Texas Chain Saw Massacre, weird stains on the carpet , lead paint peeling, and the ceiling falling apart. We had a room with two twin beds which was very small, size is not the issue, however cleanliness is not in the hotels vocabulary.

The room has a refrigerator that idles like an 18 wheel semi which I eventually just unplugged so I didn't have to hear it.

It also has a window mounted A/C unit which barely blows out any cool air, making the room feel like a sauna.

You then enter the bathroom which is falling apart with holes in the wall, stains and hair on the floor.

My girlfriend and I were unable to get a refund so rather than leave at that point and waste our money we choose to ride it out.

We decided to take a shower with our flip flops on , however we were soon to discover there is no hot running water....

We eventually tried to get some rest in the nasty bed , which we woke up with mysterious bug bites in the morning.

I woke up like a zombie just listening to all the noise the paper thin walls would not stop. You hear every door open, then slam shut making it near impossible to get any rest whatsoever.

Day 2 was just as bad, house keeping was at our front door when we left for breakfast , however when we returned the room was just in the condition we had left it in. No fresh towels, no made bed, no cleaning was done, What kind of service is it that this place provides? Absolutely nothing.

If you want to ruin your vacation by all means stay here, that or sleep at a bus stop.

The only thing positive to say is it created a lasting memory which we captured by taking a picture at the front, Titled.

"We survived the Ocean Surf!"

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dave D
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Everything about this hotel is nasty, painting, bathroom, smell, many more...

• Stayed July 2012