“Perfect place in the heart of South Beach”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #53 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 12, 2013

After doing some online research and finding a great review from Architectural Digest online, I booked my room at The Gale. I had an extra night after a week at Art Basel and all the art fairs, parties, etc. and it was my solo day/night not to look at art but just have fun. I spent quiet time at the gorgeous rooftop pool with all day sun and great views in every direction of Miami. While the rooms are small, they are sleek and chic. My corner room had huge corner windows overlooking all of the action on Collins and 17th, which made the room feel larger…I even had a small ocean view. The bed was very very comfortable. Every person I met on staff were all very friendly and accommodating, exceptionally service-oriented. Very clean room and gorgeous bathroom. If you need a lot of space or plan to spend all of your time in your room, well, you may want to look elsewhere (don't forget you are in South Beach, why would you spend all of your time in your room when there is so much fun to be had??) Signature room is good for 1 or 2 people max. Small closet and no dresser or chairs but again, great bathroom and a great bed, that's all I need. Huge TV that I never used because I was out and about having fun. Loved the bluetooth alarm clock to play my music from my phone. Big thanks to Simone for saving my cab to MIA when I was running late at 6 AM when I couldn't get out of that comfy bed! Morris was cool, as well as Ruben and all of the other daytime bellmen who were really outgoing and helpful, they even brought drinks and a pizza up to the pool. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Great service, great location and well designed boutique hotel. Next time I will try the restaurant and use their beach club!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel immediately scored points when I was greeted beyond the entrance steps and assisted with my bag before entering the hotel. The young man waited with my bag until I was checked in, anticipating I would need to store my bag since no rooms were available as of yet. While I waited for a room, I had breakfast there which was delicious and $15 of the $25 resort fee was applied to my meal...yeah! The front desk staff were sharply dressed in champagne color seersucker jackets which added to the Art Deco ambiance of the hotel and. In addition, it was nice to have access to the front desk staff via text if I needed anything and was not on the hotel property. The room was small, but focused on providing luxury and comfort. The added plus was the roof top pool and being steps away from restaurants and shopping areas. To top it off, the concierge and bell person actively ensured I did not miss the Supershuttle to the airport by calling to make sure it would be on time and looking out for it since the hotel has two entrances. I will definitely return on my next trip to South Beach.

Room Tip: Closet space is small but they offer a portable clothes rack on request.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Karen T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and recognize the Gale Staff for their exceptional service. It means a lot to me personally to see that their efforts in providing their best customer service is being recognized. You know what they say, Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Im glad that you were able to use your $15 food and beverage credit toward breakfast at Dolce. The menu has been recently updated and the feedback so far has been very good. We look forward to welcoming you back in our Art Deco Hotel and ensure your stay is going to be luxurious and comfortable.

Kind regards,

Ana.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We booked this place because I knew it was a new hotel, I knew it was in a good, central location, and it had received good reviews. I will say that it is nice and clean--but we ultimately left after our first day for one, simple reason: their beach chaise lounges are not padded. Pretty much every other hotel in town's are, and we've come to expect this luxury when we visit south beach. I'm writing this for two reasons: so you know in case you hang on the beach all day like we do, and so they get the problem fixed. We would definitely stay there in the future--if they'd just get the pads on the chairs, man!!

Room Tip: higher floors bc club in basement
Reviewed December 6, 2013

a beautiful hotel, but above that, the personnel was exceptional. Very friendly and anxious to help. Yet not over bearing.
The only problem was that our room had no real window, though we were on the second floor.
We could have asked for a different room.
But it wasn't a bog deal.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Beautiful Art Deco hotel with rooftop terrace bar and pool. Great location only 1 block from the beach. Bike hire just opposite to the hotel and shopping 2 minutes walk away. Hotel staff really helpful. Had a beautiful room with balcony, bed was very comfy! Hotel bar was great fun- lovely staff and live music! Definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting south beach

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennyAreskoug
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Being the first time in South Beach, I wasn't too sure as where to stay. Luckily I found the perfect place, Close to everything and affordable. The restaurant has fantastic pizza. If nothing else go for the pizza!!!! Rooftop pool was unreal!!! The room (Rm 414) was perfect, with a Balcony. 2 very comfortable beds and a "rain" shower never had a great experience like that before. Would defiantly come back to the Gale

Room Tip: Call the Hotel to book your room, as a 3rd party charged me more
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed November 30, 2013

> We enjoyed our stay and recommend the hotel. We have stayed at several hotels in South Beach over the years and this is a good pic.
> Small rooms but a great, comfortable bed. Room was clean and gets high marks.
> Hotel staff was excellent !. Very accommodating.
> We had cocktails and dessert in the hotel bar after dinner out and everything was great...again, very friendly bartending staff.....highly recommend the Old Fashion cocktail.....delicious.
> Beautiful rooftop pool !
> Only concern on checkout was the wait time for our car from the valet.....over 30 mins. Suggest parking next door for $30/day vs $35/day valet.