“Beautiful hotel - amazing customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #51 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Beautiful hotel - amazing customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went for a weekend trip with my girls and chose The Gale Hotel becuase of the ratings and the rates. I was not dissapointed! The rooms are a tad small, but we were partying and at the beach and pool parties all weekend, we weren't bothered by it at all. The hotel is very clean, and I LOVE the decor! The staff was amazing! Very accommodating, helpful and friendly. Can't want to stay here again on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us the amazing feedback! I'm very happy to hear that all aspects of your stay were spot on and you had such an amazing girls trip. We work continuously with our staff to make sure we deliver on all of our guest expectations and needs, fortunately we have an amazing staff and this inherently is second nature to them which makes our jobs that much better. Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you much sooner than later!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just had a three night stay here, perfect fit for a more low key trip to South Beach. The service we experienced while here was above and beyond...major thanks to Raphael the concierge as well as Clyde who served us at Dolce (the lovely restaurant here). A few items of note:

The good...
- location can't be beat (unless it was truly on the beach)
- extremely clean, beautifully decorated hotel
- again, fantastic staff!
- loved the chill vibe of the pool...definitely not a spot for people who want to party but rather want to relax
- the Regent Cocktail Club and the Dolce Italian Restaurant were both fabulous dining/drinking venues. Both exceeded my expectations. We were treated to an incredible live concert at the cocktail lounge by Brendan O'hare, a local musician who is truly talented and entertaining.

The not so good...
- Verizon customers will have a hard time getting service here
- not sure about all rooms but our room with two full beds was teeny tiny. Didn't matter much because we were out and stayed in and even just two people in there almost seemed crowded
- not a lot of privacy in thebathroom area of each room
- an additional $158 charge magically appeared on our final bill. We noticed it and it was removed but it was an added "gratuity" on there by accident.
- the K-17 beach access is a good 5-7 minute walk from the hotel. No alcohol served.

I would definitely stay here again but recommend it for folks looking for a more casual, intimate atmosphere. Not a good place for folks with kids or people looking to blow it out/party. But it was perfect for a quick and fun getaway with my sister. Thanks to the staff at the Gale for everything.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Genna H
The overview that you've provided is extremely helpful for those may not know what to expect during a first stay at Gale South Beach. Our location is really allows one to see all that South Beach has to offer just by walking out of the hotel and making a left or right, no need for a car when staying here. The cleanliness and décor of the rooms allows for our guest to feel as they are our first guest with the modern yet art deco vibe Miami has come to be known for. As for our amenities, our rooftop pool allows our gueststo relax and recharge the batteries for yet another night out in South Beach. Regent Bar was voted “Best New Bar in the World by Tales of the Cocktail so I can’t say I am surprised it exceeded your expectations, yet Iam thrilled that it did. As far as some of your “not so good” points we take our guest feedback very seriously. You mentioned your Verizon signal, and last just last week we have added cell phone repeaters throughout the property and this is no longer an issue. Furthermore, we do select rooms that have full private bathrooms, please contact myself directly at ats@meninhotels.com and I will handle your request.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We loved the Gale. Beautiful, modern and hip redecoration. Great restaurant and bars. Perfect private section of the beach; great rooftop pool (though it could do with some umbrellas). Excellent location. We will rebook next time we visit Southbeach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Again after some research luckily picked this hotel on South Beach for 3 night getaway.
What a fabulous hotel, lovely staff, especially Janelle at Front Desk and Andreas, who helped with bags and a cab to airport. Staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
Room lovely and upon Arrival was told I was upgraded to a room with a balcony which was lovely.
Negatives, no chair, table or drawers in room, no where to put clothes. As I was on my own with little luggage managed but would be a problem if I arrived with my husband and a suitcase. Also room safe very high up, almost inaccessible due to no chair in room. I am 5ft 5, could only use it by putting in a plastic bag and blindly throwing into safe. Shame no coffee maker or small fridge as no 24 hr room service.
Saying all this had a fab time and will definitely return to this hotel in the future. Oh and please hotel manager add some umbrellas around the fabulous pool area, it's lovely but no shade at all. So all in all a lovely hotel, just a few room niggles!

• 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I come to Miami often, however never fell in love with one Particular hotel. After my experience staying at the Gail I have made up my mind, this is the hotel I'm going to stay for now on. My wife and I sat with Rafael the Gale concierge, he directed us to new restaurants we had never been. In addition made our reservations For us. Rafael really went above and beyond for us making this most recent trip to Miami the most enjoyable yet!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location,perfect decor,a dream in my head that materialized.It new modern with a classic regal twist that everyone can appreciate .Welcoming and helpful staff..super clean ..great bar and staff..for great drinks ask for Adrian.There is a $25.resort fee of which you get a$15. Credit to use for meals,also they arrange beach services for you (towels and beach chairs).So,it's all a win win situation even for the traveller on a budget .You may book on an extranet site such as Priceline or Orbitz..convenient gym and modern amenities at your disposal..a force in the future of boutique hotels which is luxurious yet affordable ....keep up the great work..K Morris(Brooklyn ny).

Almaty, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed nin this hotel 2 weeks ago, I have absolutely negative impression from it. The one and only plus is location. The service is bad, the rooms are extremely small and dirty, the balcony was wet all the time (cause smb from the pool at the roof pour the water every morning), breakfast is not included and employees at reception dont do their work. And the worst thing that this hotel took a cash deposit from me and never give it back. I was shocked, I travel a lot al;l over the world and I never seen it before. I checked out at 3 am and when I asked the reception guy to give me back my cash deposit, he told me that there is nobody in the office and they can do it just from 9 till 17-00. But he promissed me that my money will sent me back in 2 days. I didnt have time to wait and I left, Of course nobody transferred me money back! I called to Menin Hotels manager and wrote a bunch of emails - they never called me back. Be very careful with this hotel, ot better dont go there at all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends