WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #51 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great hotel and excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We loved the Gale. Beautiful, modern and hip redecoration. Great restaurant and bars. Perfect private section of the beach; great rooftop pool (though it could do with some umbrellas). Excellent location. We will rebook next time we visit Southbeach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Again after some research luckily picked this hotel on South Beach for 3 night getaway.
What a fabulous hotel, lovely staff, especially Janelle at Front Desk and Andreas, who helped with bags and a cab to airport. Staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
Room lovely and upon Arrival was told I was upgraded to a room with a balcony which was lovely.
Negatives, no chair, table or drawers in room, no where to put clothes. As I was on my own with little luggage managed but would be a problem if I arrived with my husband and a suitcase. Also room safe very high up, almost inaccessible due to no chair in room. I am 5ft 5, could only use it by putting in a plastic bag and blindly throwing into safe. Shame no coffee maker or small fridge as no 24 hr room service.
Saying all this had a fab time and will definitely return to this hotel in the future. Oh and please hotel manager add some umbrellas around the fabulous pool area, it's lovely but no shade at all. So all in all a lovely hotel, just a few room niggles!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I come to Miami often, however never fell in love with one Particular hotel. After my experience staying at the Gail I have made up my mind, this is the hotel I'm going to stay for now on. My wife and I sat with Rafael the Gale concierge, he directed us to new restaurants we had never been. In addition made our reservations For us. Rafael really went above and beyond for us making this most recent trip to Miami the most enjoyable yet!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location,perfect decor,a dream in my head that materialized.It new modern with a classic regal twist that everyone can appreciate .Welcoming and helpful staff..super clean ..great bar and staff..for great drinks ask for Adrian.There is a $25.resort fee of which you get a$15. Credit to use for meals,also they arrange beach services for you (towels and beach chairs).So,it's all a win win situation even for the traveller on a budget .You may book on an extranet site such as Priceline or Orbitz..convenient gym and modern amenities at your disposal..a force in the future of boutique hotels which is luxurious yet affordable ....keep up the great work..K Morris(Brooklyn ny).

Almaty, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed nin this hotel 2 weeks ago, I have absolutely negative impression from it. The one and only plus is location. The service is bad, the rooms are extremely small and dirty, the balcony was wet all the time (cause smb from the pool at the roof pour the water every morning), breakfast is not included and employees at reception dont do their work. And the worst thing that this hotel took a cash deposit from me and never give it back. I was shocked, I travel a lot al;l over the world and I never seen it before. I checked out at 3 am and when I asked the reception guy to give me back my cash deposit, he told me that there is nobody in the office and they can do it just from 9 till 17-00. But he promissed me that my money will sent me back in 2 days. I didnt have time to wait and I left, Of course nobody transferred me money back! I called to Menin Hotels manager and wrote a bunch of emails - they never called me back. Be very careful with this hotel, ot better dont go there at all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Salta973
Lisse, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

a very nice looking hotel, with clean rooms and very nice decorated.
Our rooms (three two bed rooms) was overbooked and therefore we were getting six one bed rooms although we needed just four (very strange that I had to sign for six rooms although the total price was the same as what I booked for.
Breakfast is very poor, the waitress did not even know the menu, you can choose from the menu but very expensive for what you were given.
The rooms however were very nice decorated and beds were perfect to sleep in, temperature was nice, airco made some noise but not too much. The big big screen television was also nice with iPod docking and all.

Room Tip: we were on the fourth floor and had big balconies with great views