“We ll be back”

Ranked #53 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sarasota, Florida
“We ll be back”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just had a wonderful stay. Everything was perfect. The staff, the pool, the room ( small but really well done) the bar and the Rec room were all fantastic.
If had to find something negative, it will be that the room temperature was very cold even with the AC turned off and we didn't have a chair in the room. Also, the pool bar could be opened longer.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank gkk34242

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was traveling on business and stayed at the Gale because I sought a South Beach boutique hotel. Unfortunately, I felt like a victim of bait and switch tactics. I have used Expedia for years and believe me when I tell you I have never been charged any extra fees other than the total amount I booked on the site. When I checked into the hotel, I was told to click on the electronic pad to sign in and accept fees etc. When I mentioned to the front desk clerk that I booked on Expedia and I have paid the full amount already, he replied, 'yes, no problem'. Based on his comments, I viewed this as a boiler plate process. However, when I proceeded to check out, I was handed a whopping extra bill that covered the 'resort fee'. I protested and was soundly rebuked by the front desk manager who preferred to quote the fine print and tell me that I had accepted the fees and that was that, despite my conversation with the clerk who checked me in and assured I was paid in full. He went on to mention that they don't charge this through Expedia because they would have to pay a portion to them. So in essence, I'm the one who had to make up for their margin. Incidentally, the 'resort fee' is a lame excuse to charge you a premium. It's a scam to charge you for services other hotels give you for free (ie use of the pool) The internet speed they give you is also so slow that I had to fork over more dough to get reasonable service. Unprofessional management, small room; loud AC; no iron/board; no desk; tiny 'closet'; only 1 elevator was operational; odd burned wood smell in lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JoeGUsa
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear JoeGUsa,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the Gale. I apologize for the misunderstandings regarding our daily Resort Fee. We ensure to always communicate the added value of the fee and all our booking partners are sharing this information on their booking sites. Rest assured I will be working with our Team Members to improve the communication and deliver an improved service level. Please contact me at ats@meninhotels.com for an opportunity to turn your experience around.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Front desk is always very busy. The representative are not very friendly and welcoming at all. It takes a long time to check-in. The biggest problem was HOUSE KEEPING. We selected the option for housekeeping to come. We returned to our hotel room at 4:00PM to find our room not cleaned. We called housekeeping and they said they will send someone in an hour. We had to wait in the pool for someone to come clean the room. The only thing they did was make the bed. They didn't vacuum. They didn't replenish the shampoo, conditioner, etc. I made a complaint to the front desk and they said its because they are very busy. NOT ACCEPTABLE at all. No housekeeping service until evening? and have to request for it? Hire more staff than!

Very unsatisified with this hotel. Please be aware that they give you a 15 dollars credit but you cannot use it on minibar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cheny n
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just stayed here for work, and was thoroughly impressed. The room was perfect, the location couldn't be better, the room deck pool was stunning, and the service excellent. Very chic, cool interior. The restaurant and bars were awesome. The only annoyance is the resort fee, but it's the first time a resort fee actually included something so I wasn't too upset. It gave you wifi, and a $15 F/B credit daily.

They were shooting a movie at the hotel while we were there, and a few sections were closed down, but the staff was awesome about it. From Janelle at the front desk, to the guy who run's Valet--really helpful and kind. Just the type of stay I look for, and to top it all off, it was affordable.

DEFINITELY stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm a Miami Native and have stayed in a lot of hotels in South Beach. There is a new FIVE star hotel in Miami Beach, The Gale. The staff is first rate. They are helpful, kind, polite and most importantly they smile like they love their new home. The pool on the top floor provides for a great view of the city and beach. The rooms are perfect for a couple. Very, very, very clean.The TV is at least a 60, high definition like I've never seen before. It feels like you are watching a 3D screen. You can actually seat down and drink, eat or people watch right on Collins Ave. You are in the middle of all the happening in South Beach. Their sister hotel The Shelborne (1 block down on the beach) provides another setting and pool +the chairs and umbrellas for the beach. I give it 5 stars. Great place to be... Thank's Gale (-;
Raul A martinez

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raul A M
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ve booked this hotel for our arrival in Miami and it was perfect.
The hotel is very well situated, on Collins Avenue. (same level thand Delano, SLS...) The beach is 5mn walking distance and the hotel give you access to one of the private beach.
The rooms are not very big but bright and cosy. We were facing Collins Avenue, and we were nt bothered by the noise. The design of the room is very nice too.
We only had breakfast at the hotel, it was very good and again the design of the restaurant is very nice! There in a pool on the roof top but we didnt go.
I would recommand this hotel for a short stay as the price, quality and situation is perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Laura1444,
Thank you for sharing your impressions on your recent stay at the Gale. We are indeed located in the heart of South Beach, walking distance to the main attractions and just steps away from the Ocean. I am pleased you have had an enjoyable stay in our brand new remodeled hotel. We hope to see you soon!
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Amazing staff with amazing leadership. The Gale at South Beach is what a boutique hotel on South Beach should be. There was a great vibe with all of the staff that reminded me of the southern hospitality that you would find in a small town but with a Miami flair. The facility was amazing, from the front open air seating, the juice bar, the dining room, the rooftop pool, the rooftop bar....We used them all and used them well. Stay here! You might run into me as well because this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Vertnertandy,
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize the Gale Team and speak so highly of them. Our goal is to welcome all Guests to the Gale and make them feel this hotel is their home away from home. I am extremely happy we managed to create this feeling for you and we are truly looking forward to welcoming you back.