“Good time”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #54 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were there for an event. My daughters friend won & invited her. Their free room was full so I just showed up. At first told no rooms buy one opened up. Big thank you to Robert for finding me a room. Adrien took my bags up & was so nice. Everyone at front desk was great. Only stayed one night it was great. My only complaint was the pillow.

• Stayed: May 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a great time at the Gale South Beach. The hotel is located just north of main South Beach strip, which is definitely a good thing in terms of having a more relaxed experience. The service is great, the rooftop pool is great and the rooms are large enough to make your trip feel a few grades above your typical college spring break trip.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear IsaiahAndrew,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. I am personally very happy to hear you have had a great time and found our service to be up to par. More and more our rooftop pool seems to be the biggest hit as all our Guests love the views and the relaxing but yet entertaining atmosphere. Contact us at galeguest@meninhotels.com to plan your next getaway!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

First I want to start off by saying I won this weekend trip to South Beach.

The hotel itself is very nice. The Layout was a bit different but you can tell there was a lot of work put into it. Very Clean!!!

Check in was our biggest disappointment. We arrive at the hotel at 11:00 am to check in and were told there we NO rooms. As a side note it seems that everyone that was arriving was told the same thing. We were there for an event which was taking place in the hotel and would have hoped that the hotel would have been able to accommodate people. The first gentleman I dealt with did not give clear answers and was very by the book, Check in is at 4. Well first he told me 3 and then changed it to 4. There was no offer of using the pool or bathrooms to change until I asked. When I went down to check again at 2:30 the same man told me NO rooms were available.

Thankfully another gentleman at the front desk was Extremely helpful and got us into a room and took care of even getting us late check out the next day. Desmond truly made our stay worth the wait. You can tell he really wants the people staying at the Gale to have a wonderful experience. I can't thank him enough for how accommodating he was! Be thankful to have him there! because of him I will consider the Gale for my next stay!

The restaurant was also really good. I wish it had a few more lunch choices but the food we had was delicious!

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but remember its Miami these are Boutique hotels.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dee1184
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Gale. We had a bit of an issue when we checked in so the manager comped us a better room than what we originally had. The staff were all polite and very helpful. I didn't encounter one rude employee. It's a great location. Just a hop, skip, and jump from the beach. It's in a great area. The only problem I had was the noise level at night. We were on the first floor and could randomly hear the music downstairs in the night club. Otherwise, we had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N S

Awesome getaway!

Dear N S,
So glad you have enjoyed your South Beach getaway at the Gale! As you greatly put it, we are just a “hope, skip and jump” from the beach as well as the main attractions in the area. Thank you for commanding our team; it makes me very happy to learn they went out of their way to ensure you enjoy your room and stay. We looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel has been done out beautifully and its in a great location. We booked a standard room which was very small. No room to unpack and you could only access the bed from one side. The bathroom however was roomy and the whole room high spec so i wouldnt have complained about the size although disappointing.

On our first night we were kept up until 4am from the base vibrating up through the walls of the hotel from the club downstairs. I complained in the morning and we were begrudgingly given a room on the top floor and staff were either unable or unwilling to tell me if the club would be open again the next night.

Our new room was fantastic and huge but again that night the noise from the club seemed no better and we were once again kept awake until 4am.

I see alot of other people have not encountered this problem and on our third night when the club was closed I had a great night sleep in a huge comfy bed. I would suggest that you try to find out if the club will be open before you book your stay here...unless you want to party there as it sounded fun!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TanniScotland
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Firstly, official pictures are heavily photoshopped and do not represent reality, the place is very small and it is not as pictured. Having said that, first impression was decent.

Hidden $25 per day charge not mentioned when you check in (of course), also not mentioned was that you can only claim your $15 breakfast voucher if you put it all on separate checks if you are a group. All that bureaucracy and lack of attention on making the client feel comfortable. Manager was unhelpful and didn't care.

Honestly, I've been to Miami a lot and your money will be better spent elsewhere. Avoid

Room Tip: Don't stay there..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Syb5
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback Sb5.
Your review is especially concerning to me. I do apologize if you felt our images did not mirror your expectations, however I would like to point out that our images are not photo shopped other than for lighting as needed and in fact, we market ourselves as a boutique hotel. As for the resort fee, if you were not informed about this in advance by your group contact again please accept our apologies though it is stated on our reservations page as well as any other partner sites as well as on your registration when checking in. We hope to welcome you back in the future and turn your experience around. Feel free to contact me at galeguest@meninhotels.com to make arrangements for your future booking.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a great time at the Gale. Great location, great staff, rooms are modern and quiet - at least during my stay. Restaurant was great as was the bar in the back - get a Negroni - you won't regret it! I enjoyed sitting on the patio in the front and watching South Beach go by....I'll definitely be back. My only complaint was that the closet in my room wasn't long enough for my dresses so they ended up pooling on the bottom. I think they'd be fine for men's suits and shirts, but for a maxi dress? Not so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends