Gale South Beach
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$236
$178
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
$290
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$429
$287
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$169
1,879 results
All reviewsrooftop pooldolce restaurantcocktail clubkaskades suitessouth beachboutique hotellincoln roadresort feesister hotelbeach accessrooms are smallthe location is perfectmini barart decoper dayhappy houran umbrella
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Smallish rooms but everything in them was thoughtful and high quality. Not a family hotel as the bathroom has no privacy but otherwise loved it.

Helpful staff, close to Lincoln and the beach.

No issue with noise and we had rooms on 1, 2 & 3.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Me and my wife had 14 fantastic days from 31.03 - 12.04.2013 at this new renovated hotel, placed at Collins Ave. short walk to Miami South beach, Ocean Drive and Lincon road mall.
The staff was very kind and helpful in every way possible. All staff that we spoke to all said that it was the best place they had worked, and that came through in their way to act.
The room was a little to the small side, we missed a chair so we did not have to sit on the bed all the time we where in the room.
New linned on the beds and fresh towels every day and all was clean, spotless job from the housekeeping.
The hotel restaurant Dolce Italien inspired offers some delicious food, home made which you can taist, pizza baked in a wood heated oven, so the fire from the oven gave a nice atsmophere.
Some items on the menue was however not possible to get, like a cold pressed juice which I asked for over a week but never had because only 1 person could make it, and that person was never in to make it.
The roof top bar was a nice addition to the hotel, we just do not understand why it closed at 17:00, that is when people get back from the beach etc. they should consider to keep this bar open longer into the evening.
Over all a hotel that we would recommend to friends and family at any time.
Thanks for helping making our stay in Miami Beach a stay to remember.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear DK_Viking,

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review and for speaking so highly of our staff. Our main goal here at the Gale is to create memorable experiences for all our Guests and I am very happy to see we managed to accomplish that with your vacation. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the pool bar and restaurant menu items and rest assured we will address both. I promise you will be able to enjoy a cold pressed juice every day during your next stay which hopefully will be very soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Gale for 5 nights Mon-Fri with family. It was our first time in South Beach and we had a great time. 1 room was Signature grand -4th floor. The other was a signature double - 2nd floor. The rooms were immaculate and decorated nicely. We enjoyed the restaurant, pool, beach and bars in the hotel. All the staff were genuinely very friendly and helpful from the front desk and housekeepers to the restaurant and bar staff. We got some good advice and assistance from both concierges. We did not find the nightclub as disturbing as other reviewers. It is busy Miami Beach after all and all the other hotels nearby had similar level of nightlife. Patrons at the clubs and neighboring establishments were upscale as would be expected in the area. The only thing i would suggest to the management is to provide better storage for folded clothing.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Robin8988

Dear Robin8988,
It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your family to Gale South Beach & Regent Hotel. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed our hotel amenities and found our staff members friendly and helpful. We look forward to your return visit and in the meantime, remain at your service.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Pros:
- Location: across from the SLS and Delano, one block from the beach.
- Very funky minibar with a million things in it including a Love Box (condoms, lube etc)... I didn't use anything but I thought it was kind of cool.
- Front desk staff: one in particular (JoJo) was amazing. She was so sweet, arranged dinner reservations, drinks reservations etc... for me. She even called her friend who was a bouncer at a club to help me get in with line bypass etc... She was such a doll.
- Regent Cocktail Club: 1920s style cocktail bar, the best cocktails I've ever had, delightful bartenders
- Rooftop pool: lovely. The only shame is that there aren't that many loungers, pool service is somewhat slow, and they don't have the roof bar open at night.

Cons
- NOISE: the club downstairs is so loud. I can sleep through a crash, and I had to sleep with my Bose noise canceling head phones. I could make out the words in every song and I was 2 floors above it. THe base was so heavy and loud the room was shaking. It was awful and this persisted until nearly 5 AM!!!
- Shower temperature: it was not hot, luke warm at best.
- VERY small room.
- Parking is ridiculously expensive: 37 dollars per day.
- 25 dollar resort fee - this includes a 15 dollar per day resort credit. The one issue I had was that on my final day, I didn't know I was able to use it for breakfast, and when I checked out the manager told me I wasn't allowed to use it within the next 10 minutes for a late breakfast/early lunch, even though I was going to be at the resort for another 6 hours. This was very tacky and tasteless. At 250 dollars per night plus tax, plus a 25 dollar resort fee daily plus tax, plus 37 dollars per day plus tax per parking, you'd think that for over 300 dollars a night plus tax they'd honour it. It put a sour taste in my mouth and made the place look so cheap.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have read many comments about noise, I lived on the second flor and never have this problem.

Rooms really small and often you have no enough space for your baggage but design is really pretty. Large LCD TV, black wood decorated beds and shelfs, hotel signed bed linens.

It is good location for people who want to sleep when they want and not only at the morning when the ocen drive clubbers going sleep. Just one block to Linkoln road and three blocks to Ocen Drive, one block to supermarket and CVS drugstore.

Cleaning service was not perfect it is not enough quality for 5 stars hotel.

Consierge is very friendly, you don't must to buy something, but you can receive any discounts coupons here.

I had some mistakes in my final bill according to applying a discount that i had but all the problems was solved by manager in 2 hours by e-mail.

Internet connection free and fast. I had no any problems with internet even on top of the roof at the pool.

Beach just two blocks from the hotel. Umbrella and lounge chairs are included in Resort Fee.

Door to the shower was made from transperent glass. I don't think that it is a good idea. All wants to have same privacy.

My bar and especially Dolce Restoran experience was wonderfull. Desserts was perfect!
Remember that you have 15$ daily discount (it is a part of Resort Fee).

And the last comment the hotel is NEW and all details looks perfect.

Room Tip: I have used a room with two beds - it is really convenient for families with children. Don't recommend to stay on the first floor it can be noisy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family