“Great Hotel!”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #53 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here last week for 2 nights. The club was not opened during our stay so I cannot comment about the noise. Our room on the 3rd floor Collins Street view, however, was right outside the elevator and we didn't hear a thing. The rooms have a very modern feel and have a light and airy design. We were in the smallest room (Signature) and still had adequate space for all of our luggage. The roof-top pool and bar were wonderful!! The pool had a beautiful view of the ocean and upscale hotels across the street. The staff couldn't have been nicer and any more accommodating, especially Jose at the front desk and Adrian the bell captain. Loved being able to use the pool and facilities at The Gale's sister hotel, The Sherborne. I would definitely stay here again (especially booking using the tripadvisor promotional rate).

Room Tip: Room 302 (Signature) Queen had an ocean/Collins Street View Room 312 (Signature) King was bigger bu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Kathyclownfish46,
This is great! It makes us all here at the Gale very happy to read such a nice review. On behalf of the entire Team, I would like to thank you for the kind words and for mentioning Jose and Adrian. I will make sure to share this review with both of them. We strive to provide memorable experiences for all of our guests and we are thrilled that we managed to do that for you. We look forward to your return; please contact us at galeguest@meninhotels.com to book your future reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,797)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Bf and I were on a bit of a budget when we traveled last to South Beach (and yes, you can be on a budget and go to south beach, I promise :-)). So this wasn't my first rodeo in South Beach. That being said, I've stay at some nice properties.....and not soooo nice properties. While researching, I found Gale Hotel and it was priced out very well. It opened a month prior, so for us that was also a bonus. The location is PERFECT! The staff at the hotel were very professional and accommodating. The room we had was a descent size with nice shower, fresh linens and a HUGE bed. Oh the bed.....so comfy! Limited closet space. The view....ah not so much. Didn't matter to us we spent most of our limited time out and about. Their rooftop pool is perfect. Not busy at all. They're a sister property to the Shelborne. We tried the Shelborne pool, but turned around and went back to Gale's. We had breakfast and evening appetizers at the restaurant but that part of the hotel needed work. Service and menu was meh. Overall very pleased with the Gale Hotel and would return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Lisa S,
Glad that your last rodeo in South Beach brought you to the Gale. Hopefully we will welcome you back next time you are in town. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post this incredible review on our hotel rooms, location and staff. Contact us directly at galeguest@meninhotels.com to reserve your room.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Exclellent staff, priced right, beautiful rooms, superb restaurant, perfect location. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and cannot find a single thing to complain about. I saw some negative reviews and cannot imagine why anyone would not be satisfied with this property. Too picky? I was in a room on the first floor and yes could hear some music from the club below but it was not loud enough to inhibit my sleep. If you think it might, bring ear plugs. The bed was incredibly comfortable! I just hope they don't raise their rates because this place is going to get very popular.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FloridaJ11

Dear blondeonthebeach,
A sincere thank you on behalf of the entire Gale Team. I am thrilled to learn that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to sharing this wonderful review with our Team members. You are welcome to visit us anytime!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The other reviews on Tripadvisor concerned me, and fortunately, our stay was not nearly as bad as previous guests. I booked on Priceline, so we got a good deal on the price for the location. The location was perfect - close to shopping, restaurants, the beach, etc. There was a $25 resort fee per day which included WiFi, lounge chairs on the beach at the Shelborne, and a $15 credit at any of the in-house dining or drinking establishments. Totally worth it in my book.
The rooms are small though somehow we lucked out and got a handicapped room with a giant bathroom. My husband had to hang his suit in the bathroom since it didn't fit in the "closet". Our first night we slept well, but the second night, our second floor room was too close to the club in the basement, and I heard thumping bass all night. My husband managed to sleep through it. Also, we discovered late in our stay that our door was not locking and could be opened just by pushing hard on the handle. That was disconcerting to say the least.
As others have said, the redesign is very chic and modern, nice and bright and clean, and we really enjoyed the pool and the service at the pool. I wouldn't pay full-price to stay here again, but for the Priceline price, it was a steal!

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Prior to visiting South Beach, I was a bit concerned after reading reviews about the Gale. However, my stay was quite pleasant. I did request a room on the third floor knowing that there's a downstairs club. I could not hear a thing from my room and slept like a baby (despite being a light sleeper).
The room was clean. I would agree with other reviews that the room set-up is awkward. I did request a clothing rack as there's no drawers nor a decent size closet for wardrobe.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay. The staff wants to accommodate and the location is superb.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Being a South Florda local, I enjoy checking out new properties. I was excited to stay at The Gale, but had some reservations regarding it's small size. The amentites exceeded all of my expectations. The rooftop pool was swanky and cool, the outdoor bar was modern, open air and spacious. Our room was a king with a terrace. It was simplisitically modern with clean lines. I loved everything about it. The valet too a while for our car to arrive, but once I learned that lesson, just call ahead about 15 minutes before and problem solved. I read some complaints about small room size, but I stayed at the SLS across the street with smaller rooms. Location is perfect for the beach and Lincoln Road shopping and dining. All within walking distance. I agree with some complaints regarding the music in the basement until 4am. This is South Beach, not Palm Beach, so it goes with the territory. Stay elsewhere if you want boring and ordinary. Young, professional upscale crowd, I wouldn't recommend for children (I donlt like them at resorts like this). I am looking forward to another weekend getaway there soon. All of my interaction with the staff from bell person, reception, valet were all superb. OUr bartender below the pool level at the outdoor lounge was perfect and engaging. All courteous, professional and efficient. I would definitely recommend to my couple friends. Everything you would expect a South Beach stay to be.

Room Tip: Keep children away.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I went for a company trip so I don't know how much it cost, my only complaint, which applies to most of the south beach hotels is the thinness of the walls. You can hear everything in the hallways, again that's been my experience at most south beach hotels. Really cool spaces there, plenty of things to do in the hotel as well as outside. Didn't get to make it to pool, just a quick overnight stay. Word of advice, it took us over 30 minutes to get our car from valet, call ahead!

• Stayed: March 2013