“Thank you but never again”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #53 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Moscow
“Thank you but never again”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel at the mid of February for a part of our honeymoon. Hotel upgraded our room (thank you so much)! We liked the location very much. Also restaurant Dolce is nice. But be prepared for a long service. Design is great.
But also there are a lot of minuses:
The staff is really very slow. It annoys all the time. Seems like they are coming to chat with each other, not to work. And it is unacceptable for a 5-star hotel. Also the facilities are not for 5-star. Rooms are extremely small!! You have to order some extra hanger for your clothes. So if you plan to stay for more than 1 night, or just have a lot of things, this hotel is not for you. Despite the modern style of the hotel it still has some problems: we could not check-in for hours. Just it is a rule there... Our room was ready at 4.30 P.M. Also everything in the hotel is so LAN-dependent. So if anything happens with the main server or the router the life stops. We had it: no room keys, no tv, no wi-fi. Very annoying thing: lots of show-off with no complimentary stuff (even pills from headache in the room cost 8$. In other hotels you can ask them for free and it's normal). So in my opinion hotel is very amateur: it needs a tough management (not young boys and girls paying attention only to each other). Maybe it will help Gale to become 5-star one day. And for now I will not advice it: if you choose it you will save money but you won't feel the real 5-star service.

Room Tip: All rooms are small. Very small, extremely small! Just be prepared.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank masssik
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you Masssik for your recent review. First and foremost, I would like to extend a congratulations on your engagement. I am so sorry that you encountered some challenges during your stay. Please know that this is not indicative of the service and amenities that we aim to provide to all guests at Gale South Beach. However, I would like to point out that the reason we cannot complimentary give pills to our guest is that this is against the law and makes the hotel liable in the event that the guest has a reaction against the medication given. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Located in the heart of south beach on collins ave Near ocean drive and lincoln road . A very nice and clean hotel. restaurant and a beautiful rooftop pool With a bar. The staff is very friendly and always available to help. Ask for Adrian a great bellboy . Just remember that there is an extra charge for resort fee that includes 15 $ at the bar and two beach chairs. Otherwise it is a great hotel choice.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear 12Mimi2901,
We are indeed fortunate to have the best location in South Beach! I am happy to learn that you found our staff helpful and friendly and I am thrilled to hear that Adrian made such a great impression on you. He will certainly be recognized. I hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon!
chicago, IL
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel was great! My co-workers and I only had 36 hours in Miami and had one night booked at the Gale and another night booked at a different location. We actually ended up cancelling the other place to stay at the Gale an extra night. In addition to being fancy and very nice and new, they offered access to the beach and pool at the Shelbourne which was AMAZING. I actually never even went to the pool at the Gale, but my co-workers who did said it was amazing. And you get a $15 a day credit to use on site. Breakfast was good, but the drinks were better!!

We spent a good amount of time in the bar, and compared to regular Miami standards, the drinks were actually very large and good for the price. And the mixologists were really cool guys.

The only thing to know before you go is that the showers are glass and there's no way to go to the toilet, sink or door without passing the shower so if you're travelling with friends or people you don't regularly see naked, but be prepared to stay on your side of the room. We're theatre people so it didn't bother us, but you might want to know.

I see lots of people complaining about the noise, but I actually didn't notice it at all. We were on the first floor just steps away from the bar in the back and I didn't hear a thing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cessalee
Dear cessalee,
Thank you for your visit and for writing your review! I am happy to read that you decided to stay with us the second night as well and had such an enjoyable time. Our goal is to meet and actually exceed expectations whenever we can. Hopefully your next visit will be even better (and longer)!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have to say - I was extremely disappointed in my (short) stay at the Gale. The hotel itself was nice... the restaurant looked charming, the door staff was friendly, and the lobby was modern and inviting. The room itself was not fancy and extremely small, but it was very clean and modern nonetheless. There wasn't really anywhere to put your luggage, nor was there anywhere to sit in the room (kind of weird)...We were in a room on the 2nd floor facing the street. The noise was literally horrendous. I think there is some sort of club in the downstairs area of the hotel, and they were blasting music all night. If you are the type of person that likes to go out and party all night and doesn't require a hotel room for anything more than just a place to sleep, this hotel would be an okay place to stay. However, if you plan on doing any sleeping on your trip, or have children, I would not consider staying here. We cut our stay short and found another hotel in South Beach where we actually WERE able to get some sleep. I don't think this is a bad hotel by any means - just really noisy. I think the Gale needs to decide if they want to be a club or a boutique hotel...even if this is South Beach, some people still need to get their sleep! I only have one final thought: I was a bit unnerved by the TripAdvisor "suggestions" they provide upon check in. We got a little card with suggestions on how to write your review for this property with a list of certain key words they seemed to favor. It just seemed a little inappropriate to me.

Room Tip: Highest floor not facing the street if you stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hollyx113
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is top notch. Here is how I break this hotel down-
Clean, New, Hip, Polite helpful staff, Room was excellent, resturant and bars very cool, rooftop bar and pool area, awesome! I wish I wasn't there on business.
I will be back!!!

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear TomtheWeeklyTraveler,
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words, you used the best ones to describe what Gale truly stands for: modernism blend with a touch of art deco, great staff and amazing amenities. We await your return to Miami, hopefully very soon!
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had the most amazing time! The staff was incredible, especially Roberto Quintero the front desk manager, Alicia the concierge, Nick, Armani, and Dimitri the bartenders. The food was great, ambience was elegant, cool and casual. The rooms are beautifully appointed. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for an upscale boutique hotel in prime location in SoBe

• Stayed February 2013
Dear rg722,
Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write your review and acknowledge our staff members. It is quite rewarding to be called “one of the best hotels” and we certainly appreciate that. We certainly try to be the best and create memorable experiences for all of our Guests. We await your return to Miami, hopefully very soon!
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with a friend for the Food and Wine Festival and had such a great time! I loved vintage but modern decor through out the hotel and room. The beds were comfortable and they have great pillows. I loved the shower, but keep in mine the shower is open to the room with clear glass. What a great location in South Beach! I loved it and will stay again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tricia A
Dear Tricia A,
This is great! We are pleased to learn you and your friend thoroughly enjoyed your recent visit at our vintage yet modern hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Contact us at galeguest@meninhotels.com to make arrangements for your next trip.