“Quite impressed!”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #53 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was in Miami Beach on business Monday Jan 28 and needed a place to stay for one night. With meetings at the SLS and W, but without a business expense policy that would let me stay in those places, I thought I would try Hotel Gale. To say that I was impressed would be an understatement. I have stayed at almost all the lower-cost hotels along Collins over the years, and this place certainly stands out.

One of the things I hate about this area are the overpriced, run-down, dirty old hotels with a couple trendy pieces of furniture and cool music in the lobby to lure you in. Just because it's a cool art deco building doesn't meet you would want to sleep there. Gale shattered that stereotype with a completely renovated, clean, beautiful building - AND a reasonable price.

It is located at 17th and Collins and appears that the hotel is a total, ground up renovation of an old building. It is clean, smells good and feels brand new inside. The rooms are small, but on par with some of the best hotels I've experienced.

Upon check in, the staff was extremely friendly, and talked up the bar and restaurant so much I actually felt excited to finish my business for the day and check them out. They didn't disappoint. There is a cozy little bar at the back of the property and a restaurant (Dolce, I believe) at the front. Drinks were great and the food at the restaurant was fantastic! I didn't have time to enjoy the rooftop pool or the free access to the beach club across the street.

Keep in mind, this place is across the street from the beach, so don't expect a view of any kind. There are apparently some cool rooms with private little courtyards, but I just had the basic room. WiFi is free and works well all over the property. If you are not familiar with Miami Beach, tax is 13% and Hotel Gale has a resort fee of $25. Valet parking is $35. My $135 room ended up being $215 after parking, but it was well worth it, and a good value considering the property, staff and location. It really is a cut above the rest. Enthusiastic and pleasant staff is something rare in South Beach, and everyone I came in contact with was pleasant and eager to ensure I was enjoying my stay! Gale is proof that there is no reason to stay in an old, musty, overpriced hotel while in South Beach.

Highly recommended of for business, or for a long weekend get-a-way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Gale South Beach

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was the best!!!!! From the moment you walk in the hotel blows you away! This trip was the first time me and the girls had ever been to Miami and now we have found our hotel for life! The Vintage yet Modern Decor grab my attention and then we viewed the room and knew this was it! Not only was the hotel amazing but the staff was great!!!! They help in ways that no other hotel has ever done in the past. The Gale will be my #1 choice for anyone! Look no further. Thanks Gale!!!!

Room Tip: The Night Life is Great at this location!!
Thank FeliciaNThe Gir... D
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear FeliciaNThe Gir…D,
I am thrilled to hear that your first Miami experience was with us and that you enjoyed yourself so much! Our goal is to ensure our guests are satisfied and that their expectations are exceeded. We are flattered to be your #1 choice. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We experienced a wonderful stay on 1/26/13 at the Gale South Beach, I just loved the hotel; it had the charm of days gone by with all the modern day amenities in a quiet upscale room. The room even had a private terrace. Gili Zimmerman the concierge was extremely helpful with planning and went out of her way to make our stay one to remember. The Gale is in a perfect location to the beach and to Lincoln Street, all in walking distance. When we go back to Miami Beach we will definitely stay at the Gale.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Monica8791,
Thank you for the gracious compliments and for taking the time to recognize Gili for her outstanding customer service. You are absolutely right when you say that the Gale is in a perfect location. Steps away from the ocean, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive, our hotel is in the heart of South Beach! We looking forward to welcoming you back as a guest!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed there for two days this past Thursday and Friday and it was amazing. The hotel is beautiful has a lounge and DJ downstairs and rooftop pool with bar. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Resturants were amazing and the food was good. Rooms are extremely clean and very modern. I was vert pleased with my stay

Dear little_suave,
This is amazing! We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Gale. Our staff is trained to welcome every Guest to our hotel as if it was their home. Recognizing the great service they are providing is very rewarding to the entire team. Come back soon to enjoy the beautiful rooms and exquisite food!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just stayed at the Gale for a long weekend. The hotel is perfectly located on Collins right across from the Delano. It was brand new and had the latest features. The interior design was vintage Miami and I felt like I was in a nice private club. The rooftop pool was beautiful (infinity edge) and had a great view of the Miami architecture.

The rooms were well designed and comfortable for a hotel of this class. The technology in the room was impressive with huge flat panel tv, Bluetooth radio and iPhone charging. The staff was very attentive and there were no issues while I was there. It was great that the Gale also was affiliated with the Shelbourne, as we had access to their beach across the street with included umbrella and chairs.

We really had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank CEG176
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in South Beach for a bachelorette party and l wanted to thank all Gale staff for making our trip perfect! Everybody was so accommodating to our needs, from the front desk to the concierge and bar staff. The rooms are brand new with comfortable beds and great showers. As part of the resort fee we had access to the beach through the Shelborne hotel. We only went there once because we simply fell in love with Gale’s rooftop pool! The view is breathtaking and we enjoyed drinking cocktails while admiring the beautiful city of Miami and the beach. The parking fees seemed a bit high but we later found out that was the normal price in South Beach. Can’t wait to come back to Miami and stay at the Gale!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Gale is definitely the place to be on South Beach!!! It has all it takes for a great vacation spot…the location is unbeatable, walking distance to the beach, steps from Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Drive and all the best restaurants and clubs. Refreshing drinks by the roof top pool, and stunning view of the city and the ocean. While the rooms are on the small side they are definitely very comfortable and modern. The staff has been nothing but SMILES and great spirits! We felt very welcomed in this hotel and we would definitely recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple