“Questionable”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Drexel ave
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I would be willing to give Pepe another chance. The Service was very good. Not sure that Martinis are there strong suit. I found the app just average for an Italian Restaurant. I have a strong Italian background so that made it difficult. The location is outstanding. Please eat outside if possible.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

After walking through the very over crowded espanola we came to the end to find this place that looked nice and was not busy - for a good reason it seems.
After being invited in at the menu board, we were not shown to a table, just left to seat ourselves. It seemed that nobody seemed to know who's job that was. The very pushy waiter hovered over us waiting for our drinks selection trying to persuade me to buy a over priced bottle of wine even though I explained that it was only me drinking wine and I did not want a bottle. My wife asked if they had Malibu, yes he says then comes back and says no. She then had a cocktail which looked and tasted poor. I then had to ask again for my glass of wine after it did not arrive. The waiter said they normally bring it with the meal - strange!
The starter of bruchetta was OK. My wife then had Risotto which appeared in a larger bowl but was a tiny portion. She was not offered pepper or parmasen cheese.
My Pan Seared Tuna then turned upon a small bed of some green leaves. No rice, potatoes or anything. Now if that is extra, fine but it should have been offered. The tuna itself was large, BUT, when I cut into it, it was raw inside. I called the waiter over and he tried to argue it was PAN SEARED. That's as maybe I said but it is stone cold. He said he would take it and cook it more. I then poked my finger in it and found the centre was actually FROZEN!!!!!!
I then told him to bring my bill. They did knock off the drinks but still added the tip as is the norm in Miami. This evened out so I just left. Chance it at your peril.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Where do I begin,,,this resto was simply the best resto I ve been too in the longest time. From Lea ( host ) to Marco ( serveur ) to the owner Daniele everyone was extremely friendly with us. The food was excellent, the best risotto with calmar, I ever had. My friend had veal scalopine a limone and that plate too was excellent.

I highly recommend this place for anyone seeking a quiet evening with just to die for food.

Enjoys cheers

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pepe Nero - a mistake which ended up costing me a day of my holiday as I suffered the after effects of their mussel dish. OK, I accept with mussels you take a chance but a coastal location is likely to be better than most. Unfortunately these were really rank & having suffered a few I gave up & summoned the waiter. He removed the offending dish to the kitchen where he said both he & the chef tried the dish & accepted the mussels shouldn't have been served. I was then offered a replacement dish of clams which came. They were OK but fairly tasteless but at least they were edible. I declined a dessert or coffee & returned to the hotel where I had a disturbed night with a violently upset stomach. The other problem with the evening was that when the waiter brought the bill we had been over-charged. We drew his attention to the error and an adjustment of some $20.00 was made. Even so it was a high price to pay for a really bad meal. Visit at your peril!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'm an Italian student and when I arrived in Miami Beach as I was looking for an Italian restaurant I couldn't find anything better!
First of all food is really delicious and has a very good quality, the price is absolutely acceptable and location is very quiet and relaxing. Honestly this atmosphere makes me feel at home!
Everything is really cleaned and well organized.

So let's try it and you won't be disappointed!