“Good atmosphere in a friendly place”

Macchialina Taverna Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Macchialina Taverna Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rustic Italian Cuisine from James Beard Semifinalist Chef Michael Pirolo. Macchialina is an energetic, casual Italian taverna featuring the bold, seasonally inspired cooking. The recipe is simple, clean flavors, fresh ingredients & rustic accents. The 70-seat establishment emits a warm, inviting and hip ambiance that feels as if it has been plucked from the streets of New York City. The dining room is adorned with antique brick walls, cozy, tufted leather banquettes and handcrafted wood tables. Macchialina's lively bar is the perfect spot to enjoy a Negroni and snacks or a full meal.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We ate here on our first night in Miami. Went out looking for somewhere to eat, and found this a block from our hotel. The menu offered a good choice and we had a good meal served by friendly staff. The pasta was superb and the meat vert tasty. We did not find it very noisy. If there hadn't been so many others to try we would have happily eaten here all the time.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

...it will likely feature something from Macchialina. Over five days of eating and drinking in Miami Beach, this place was a favourite. We had a simply great meal. The creamy polenta was not quite as good as my favourite dish at Scarpetta, but came very close. The local burrata was simply delicious. But it was my pasta that made me start thinking about my last meal. It was the tagliolini al funghi and it was the best pasta I think I ever had. Proof that the simplest of dishes can be the best. We finished the meal with the bread pudding (which our neighbouring diners insisted we order). What great advice. If you are going to order dessert maybe twice a year like I typically do, make it that bread pudding. All in and for a very reasonable, this is my new very favourite Italian in Miami Beach.

1  Thank GracieGracieGracie
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was called a racist by the owner of Macchialina after complaining about the loud black-type rap-type music being played over his loudspeakers. Unlike weekends, the restaurant was not busy, and only two people dining outside, where I wanted to sit. The owner would not turn off the "music" outside, saying that his diners liked what music he was playing, which he claimed rotated. So I walked out before having dinner. Even though I live in the immediate neighborhood, I will avoid his restaurant forever. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area.

2  Thank sobeneweyork
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This place is so cozy and fun! We enjoyed dinner here on a Friday night. We enjoyed the burrata salad and escarole salad and shared the special of short ribs and bechamel lasagna. Everything was delicious. We had tiramisu for dessert with cappuccino. Service was great. Restaurant has a rustic but nice feel. It's small, so reservations are a good idea.

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food was good. We were seated immediately, on the outdoor patio. Service was very good, with a waitress who brought us wine samples before ordering a bottle of red, as we were not familiar with the Italian wines on offer. We had a broccolini appetizer we shared between the 3 of us, then shared two pizzas, and a yummy bread putting. I'd go back in a heartbeat.