“Just like mama's”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th & 11th Street - Next door to Whole Foods Market
Description: Cara Mia an Italian Trattoria serving locals in and around South Beach is the latest creation of famed Milanese restaurateur GiGi Coppolino and The Chef Alessandro Calabro from Genova. Their unique ability to tap into local neighborhood scenes, understand its needs, its culinary trends and brings it all together is simply amazing. Come see for yourself, you wont be disappointed! Enjoy....
New York City, New York
“Just like mama's”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is a truly Italian !! I been here a few time since it opened last year and everything was great and it's not going to break the bank! I can't get over on how fresh everything was from the calamari to fresh pasta made to order, you can't go wrong!! I'm planning a trip back down to SB and wouldn't miss out! Last time we ate 3 out of the five days we were down. If its good quality food that's fresh and made anyway you want this is the place to go! Everything we ordered was great!! We aren't drinkers but we make up with the amount of food we ordered and it was very inexpensive . My wife and I had two starters, main and dessert and it was under $100 with tip, crazy for a great meal down in SB. If you like to walk like we do it took us 10-15 min from the W and about 10 min from the RC.. We are very picky with dinning out because my wife is a prof. Chef but when we are on Vacation we have no choice and most of the time very disappointed , this place left us wanting more, I really can't wait to go back in June..

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Knicpo
CaraMiaSobe, General Manager at Cara Mia Trattoria, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate and value your comments.

• Polish first
“Pretty Good Italian”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was excited for a savory meal that would leave me satisfied for a while after reading some of the other reviews. Cara Mia didn't live up to the hype, but it was still very good. I had the Chicken Parm, which was done very well. My boyfriend had the Scaloppine alla Cara Mia which was a little over-cooked, in my opinion. We split the calamari as a starter, which was delicious (and a little spicy, which I love). The tiramisu left a little to be desired, although the cappuccinos were very good.

• Visited March 2013
Your feedback is most important to us, thanks for taking the time, we appreciate it very much and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Simply delicious Italian cuisine”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tiny and tucked away, easy to miss at first pass, Cara Mia is definitely worth hunting for. The somewhat edgy decore with familiar classic posters and photos of Italy and a deconstructed industrial bar is quite appealing, but it is the plentiful delicious cuisine that will bring you back again. The fresh pastas and fabulous specials (we had an unbelievably tender osobucco) are wonderful. The prices of the menu and complete wine list are surprisingly fair. Service was immediate and friendly and owner Enrico is gracious and clearly and experienced restauranteur.
Bravissimo!

• Visited March 2013
Your comments and review are very important and we appreciate taking the time out of your busy schedule. We look forward to seeing you again.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Amazing casual Italian in the heart of Sobe!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited this hidden gem recently and where blown away by how good it was. From start to finish everything was incredible. The owners Tim and Enrico are very involved and treated me like family. The special treatment was not only with me they treated everyone that was dinning the same. The wait staff was also good. To start we had the lightly fried calamari and the Insalata d' Estate, both really good. For entrees we had the linguine Saporite and their sea bass which both where delicious dishes and to finish off their cheesecake was great. I highly recommend this venue for its good food, service and value.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Enrique M
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, we value your imput and appreciate your business. Please stop by again soon.

Fort Myers, FL
“A good meal away from the hustle & bustle of Lincoln Road”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We wanted a quiet dinner in a good restaurant and found both at Cara Mia. Good food at reasonable prices, great service, and no feeling of being rushed to turn over the table. We walked a mere 5 minutes from our B & B which was a definite plus. I had linguine with white clam sauce and was pleasantly surprised by the large number of clams in their shells. My wife had chicken piccata which was just what a piccata dish should be. Our only regret was that they were out of the cheesecake so no dessert for us. Cara Mia is a great find.

• Visited February 2013
CaraMiaSobe, Manager at Cara Mia Trattoria, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello!
Thank you so much for your recent review of Cara Mia! It's always a pleasure to hear great things! We hope to see you again soon. We are open for Valentines Day and have seatings at 6, 8 and 10pm - reservations suggested. We also have an endless Mimosa, Bellini or Peroni Brunch on Sundays from 1130-3:30. Best, Tim @ Cara Mia