“Great Food and Great Service”

Purple Penguin Cafe
Ranked #226 of 1,096 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Purple Penguin Café is an eco-chic Ocean Drive restaurant that embraces the elaborate and busy culture of South Beach. The food and cocktail menus feature select staple favorites from around the world. Purple Penguin Café customers enjoy quality patio and street-side dining while experiencing the vibrancy of South Beach. Purple Penguin Café seeks to create a memorable and desirable experience that attracts visitors and brings local customers back.
London
“Great Food and Great Service”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice though Miami Beach is, it is impossible to stay on the beach the whole day without taking a break. You don't need to go far either to stop somewhere to find a quiet place, but to still be close to the action ! The Purple Penguin Cafe is situated at the top end of Ocean Drive and close to the beach. On both occasions we went at 'Happy Hour' (4.00 - 7.00pm) and there was a great choice of food on offer as well as a number of drinks at half-price. The Shrimp Quesadilla was so good the first time that we had it again the second and it was just as good. Staff were friendly, too.

• Visited June 2013

The Villages, Florida, United States
“Good Dinner!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had a Very Good Dinner sitting outside on a beautiful evening!! Good drinks and Excellent food!!!

Visited June 2013
Athens, Ohio
“Grab a drink, but not breakfast”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I ordered the Eggs Florentine, the bread was sopping wet from the water of the poached eggs and the eggs were so over cooked the dish wasn't edible. My friend order traditional Eggs Benedict and she had the same issue. Staff was friendly, but brunch was a big flop and I still had to pay for a dish I didn't eat.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Becky F
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Nice Place & People!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When we sat down we were instantly greeted with a friendly and smiley waitress, after looking at the menu we both had a BBQ Burger, it came shortly after and was really nice and tasted like a proper burger not just a processed one! They had a good selection of drinks including some very interestingly named Cocktails. We enjoyed it so much that we returned the next day for breakfast where we had a lumberjack and pancakes, both were reasonably priced and absolutely delicious, would definitely return if I visit Miami again.

• Visited May 2013
Grand Cayman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shake the Penguin!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I loved this place!!

I had always wanted to visit Art Deco Drive in Miami Beach so we took a stroll along taking photos of all the buildings along the way. We walked right along to the end and as it was quite warm I suggested we stop for a cold drink but we only had 20 minutes left on the parking bay.

We came across the Penguin Hotel (aka Purple Penguin Cafe) which was pretty much the last place at the end of the strip.

I love penguins and it had a penguin statue holding a tray next to a specials board so I was sold already.

We sat down and the very friendly waitress greeted us and we had a look at the drinks menu. They had a great list of cocktails all with a penguin theme so I went for the 'Shake The Penguin' which was a vodka and fruit cocktail.

When the cocktail arrived the waitress brought it out with the glass with berries in and then a penguin shaped cocktail shaker which was incredibly cute. She then handed me the cocktail shaker and told me to 'shake the penguin' which I did. It was such fun. Then she let me pour out my drink into the prepared glass.

On top of all the penguin dramatics the cocktail itself was delicious so I of course had to order another one.

We were having such a nice time we decided to top up the parking and stay an hour and have lunch there too. It was not busy so we felt very relaxed and the waitress was so friendly and happy help us.

I ordered a salad which was delicious and my partner had a cuban sandwich also very nice.

I cannot fault this place and if in Miami Beach again I would definitely go back.

Without realising my boyfriend had looked at the bottom of the penguin cocktail shaker and then bought me one from Pier 1 Imports - so I now have my very own 'shake the penguin' cocktail shaker to remind me of a nice lunch.

Thank you Penguin Cafe!