“Perfect evening thanks to Kevin & Julio”
Review of Zen Sai - CLOSED

Zen Sai
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th Street
Description: Zen Sai is an Asian-fusion masterpiece. It's a unique social dining experience on South Beach with small and large sharing plates of fresh seafood and Robata grilled items. Signature items at Zen Sai include Fried Bok Choy, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly Sliders, Robata Grilled Octopus, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass and Spicy Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli and Worcestershire Sauce. Zen Sai also features an extensive wine list, fine sakes and specialty cocktails to complement menu items.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We walked Ocean Dr for about 30 minutes trying to find a nice quiet restaurant (didn't happen). We then veered up a side street and found the Essex Hotel with this restaurant. With no tables open inside we sat at the bar (best place to be). The food was fantastic and the service even better. Kevin kept making great Kir Royale drinks and served the food with perfect timing. Thanks to everyone at the restaurant for making our Saturday night a great experience (that also includes Ben and ? who we ate with). Great food, atmosphere, new friends and amazing service. You definitely do the Miami Beach area proud. We were also not shocked with the bill. Very well priced.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

having never eaten sushi before I was apprehensive. I did enjoy what I tried......Spicy Tuna. The atmosphere and environment you eat in are second to none. Service is excellent

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I ran over to this place just because I was craving sushi and wow, all I can say is wow! Julio, the bartender was really helpful and basically told me what to order. I just let the man work. Really interesting take on tuna tataki, also a yellow tail roll with sriracha and jalapenos. Finally, the udon was very good as a main. There is a specialty take on a mojito with pineapple juice instead of simple syrup that was also inspired. Try it out.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Great spot. Owned by the same group as the Clevelander Hotel. Tapas style. Our server, Andrew, was amazing! He knew the menu inside and out.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We cannot rant more convincingly about Zen Sai... The eat service ever. The most delicious menu ever. The flavours of even the most standard dishes (like edamame) were so different to anything we've tasted before. The service was outstanding... Did I mention the service? Outstanding! The ambience was perfect, we had an outside table by the pool (there is only two of them so book early), and they even gave us a free glass of bubbly each as we were celebrating our engagement! The wine list was really good too, try had wines from most regions and the staff really knew their wines, bonus points from us for that!

Do not miss this gem. It is down as our favourite restaurant of all time now!