“Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th Street
Description: Zen Sai is an Asian-fusion masterpiece. It's a unique social dining experience on South Beach with small and large sharing plates of fresh seafood and Robata grilled items. Signature items at Zen Sai include Fried Bok Choy, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly Sliders, Robata Grilled Octopus, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass and Spicy Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli and Worcestershire Sauce. Zen Sai also features an extensive wine list, fine sakes and specialty cocktails to complement menu items.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

having never eaten sushi before I was apprehensive. I did enjoy what I tried......Spicy Tuna. The atmosphere and environment you eat in are second to none. Service is excellent

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I ran over to this place just because I was craving sushi and wow, all I can say is wow! Julio, the bartender was really helpful and basically told me what to order. I just let the man work. Really interesting take on tuna tataki, also a yellow tail roll with sriracha and jalapenos. Finally, the udon was very good as a main. There is a specialty take on a mojito with pineapple juice instead of simple syrup that was also inspired. Try it out.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Great spot. Owned by the same group as the Clevelander Hotel. Tapas style. Our server, Andrew, was amazing! He knew the menu inside and out.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We cannot rant more convincingly about Zen Sai... The eat service ever. The most delicious menu ever. The flavours of even the most standard dishes (like edamame) were so different to anything we've tasted before. The service was outstanding... Did I mention the service? Outstanding! The ambience was perfect, we had an outside table by the pool (there is only two of them so book early), and they even gave us a free glass of bubbly each as we were celebrating our engagement! The wine list was really good too, try had wines from most regions and the staff really knew their wines, bonus points from us for that!

Do not miss this gem. It is down as our favourite restaurant of all time now!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at the Essex House Hotel for four nights before joining a transatlantic cruise back to the UK. We tried the reasurant one night with some trepidation as my wife isn't a fan of suchi / Japanese food but we were pleasantly surprised.
The portions are quite small, but so are the prices, the menu is deliberately done that way so that you can "pick and mix".
The guys behind the bar were very friendly and accommodating, they went out of their way to be helpful and knew the menu and how the food was prepared in detail.
A nice change from many of the run of the mill places along South Beach.