“Wow!”
Review of Katsuya by Starck

Katsuya by Starck
Reserve with OpenTable
Katsuya by Starck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,235 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street
Description: Enjoy Chef Uechi's signature sushi and robata with new touches inspired by Miami's local Latin flavor at SLS South Beach.
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food - unexpected combinations, the best sushi I have ever tasted, great service and cool surroundings.
Go - you won't be disappointed

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely blown away by how good the food and service was at Katsuya. From the watermelon mojito to the crispy rice tuna roll, to the baked salmon. I don't think I've dined at a better Japanese restaurant in all 32 years of my life. The service was impeccable. Our waiter was on point with everything and anything we needed. We had a party of 7 girls and were seated on time for our 9pm reservation.
Cannot wait to return to Katsuya next time I'm in the Miami area. I'm craving some crispy rice spicy tuna rolls as we speak. Yummy!!!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I frequent Miami 1-2x a month in the fall/winter season, and I have yet to miss a dinner at katsuya !! It's my favorite place, yes you will not be seated right away, but you get to wait at the gorgeous sls bar, grab a drink and people watch. It's really not that bad to have to wait .... But when you check in with hostess, make sure you specify you want to air downstairs, much more atmosphere !!!!
Once your in, I'd start with a lychee martini or burning mandarin martini to start the night off right ! I would suggest foods but the review would go on forever, all I can say is be adventurous and ask the server what they recommend, you really can not go wrong at katsuya ! But food comes fast and usually all at once, so ordering one thing at a time, helps keep a steady pace !
After that, head over to Hyde for some more fun at sls !

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wish i had more time to eat here. Instead we stopped by for some appetizers. They have happy hour specials and half-off deals every weekday. The spicy tuna on crispy rice is amazing and we had the best brussel sprouts I've ever had. I wanted to stay and just eat a huge bowl of them. Two of the best apps i've ever had and a great deal on them. Bartender helping us, justin, was very cool and friendly. I'd highly recommend!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I am not generally a fan of sushi…not a thing I didn't love. The spicy tuna was incredible. The creamy rock shrimp could have been my dessert.