“beautiful, stunning and very friendly”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #62 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“beautiful, stunning and very friendly”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I would love to recommend this hotel and all its finery. I loved it and would love to tell people how friendly the staff is what an amzing room we had and the location is amazing.

Th eonlydownside dont hire a car and expect to pay less than35$ per noght for the valet. It cost us per day more than the car rental.

1 Thank Janine B
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for sharing. I have passed your feedback onto our team. We hope to welcome you back.

Kind regards,
John Laclé, Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I just celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary and stayed at this hotel. The front desk staff, especially Kimberly, was phenomenal! As a matter of fact, the entire staff was amazing. They all went out of their way to make you feel special. When they found out we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, they provided us with complimentary wine and cheese at check-in and a room upgrade. The rooms were wonderfully furnished and the beds extremely comfortable. We can"t wait to go back! This is the only place we"ll stay when in South Beach!

1 Thank Superwoman42
Hello!

Thank you very much for your kind recognition of Kimberly's excellent performance. I have shared your comments with her and our team. It is gratifying to hear our team went above and beyond for your wedding anniversary. We would love to welcome you back again next year.

John Laclé, Hilton Bentley Leadersip Team
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Bentley August 15-20th 2010. I loved it. I was traveling with my husband and 7 month old. The location can't be beat. I am very particular about where I stay and what I consider to be clean and this place was up to par. We had unit 801 which is a one bedroom ocean front suite.The room was very clean and the marble floors gave it a very clean feel. Housekeeping was just finishing up mopping when we arrived. The balcony is huge and has 2 chairs and a nice comfy lounge chair. The view is amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I do think the room could use new furniture. It is very old and dated and just does not go with the room or the decor of Miami Beach at all. Also the curtains, which there are a ton of because of all the floor to ceiling windows, are no good. The track they are on gets stuck making them a pain to open and close. They also are not black-out curtains so the room gets very bright and very hot early in the morning. Another thing that was a little disappointing was the wifi, it does not reach to the balcony.

Overall I loved this room! I just hope they do some updating in time for my trip next year!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank leighbell
Hello,

Thank you for sharing. I am pleased to hear you fell in love with the Hilton Bentley. I hope we can welcome you back soon. I appreciate your business.

And thank you for sharing your constructive feedback of room 801 regarding our furniture and wifi on the balconies. As a result we are taking steps to strengthen our wifi across the hotel. We are also examining the need of a possible furniture restoration project.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2010

When you arrive at the hotel they take your keys and your bags, all you have to do is walk to the check in desk. The hotel decor is modern and classy. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was top notch, no cheap smelly furniture here. This was the first hotel I stayed at that felt like home, everything smelled fresh and appeared to be very well taken care of. The beach is a great place to spend the day drinking and eating, I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank esnvacation
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Service was great and the room was nice. We had dinner at the restaurant on property and the food was pretty good too. Guest service agent gave us coupons for some clubs, and we went to the one they suggested but that club was dead that night... They should've introduced us better spots... but not a big deal... Anyways, other than that everything was great! We had a pullout sofa in the room, so this hotel is great for friends getaways. If the price is right, I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ilikeiff
Beirut
Reviewed August 11, 2010

From the moment I arrived, I did not feel a warm welcome by the staff. I literally had to insist I be checked in while standing and waiting around in the hotel lobby. I stay in luxurious hotels all over the world, and I know good customer service when I see it. Hilton Bentley is not it.

Here are my reasons why you should NOT stay there:

Concerning the rooms:
1- The shower door does not shut properly. Be expecting a leakage on your bathroom floor.
2- The lights are dim and dark, and there is only one mirror available in the whole room, which is in the bathroom. Ladies getting ready to go out, beware - you only have a dark mirror in the bathroom.
3- The toilet clogged twice while I was staying there, and each time you walk into the bathroom, there is a horrible smell, like a sewage system. It did not come from me, because I would leave the room for hours, and then return and it would smell like rats died there.
4- The furniture just looks old. I guess the website has good photo shop skills, because it looked old and worn out.
5- The air conditioning is noisy. Far too noisy for a "luxurious" hotel.
6- The elevator makes a loud ping every second of the day, on each level it passes, and the noise of the elevator and people talking sounds as if it is in your room.
7- My key stopped working THREE times. Each time they said it was because I put it next to something magnetic. I highly doubt that. I only stayed there a week, and had to go down to the reception (which is a long walk away since I was on the other side of the hotel) and get a new key three damn times. And believe me, when you are late, and carrying heavy shopping bags, it is a real waste of time and real reason to hate Hilton Bentley.

Now for the customer service:
1- You have to stand in line at the reception. There is only one person usually available at the desk. And you have to queue to get your turn. Feels like you are standing in line for a bus ticket.
2- The concierge is hardly ever available. Call 20 times and no answer. Or wait for 30 minutes down at the hotel lobby and still not get served. Neither is appealing.
3- House keeping doesn't really speak English, but maybe that's common around Miami. And we had a call from house keeping at 12:30 am in the morning, and got woken up by some woman from housekeeping who didn't even speak English. Lovely.
4- Breakfast was included, yet I had to go and get a breakfast voucher from the reception every single morning, and queue as well. At the same time, once I was asked why I didn't have any vouchers, and "are you sure you were not given any", and I felt as if I had been trying to get a free breakfast. I think if I had been given breakfast vouchers, I would not be standing there asking for one. Regardless, the receptionist didn't give me any more vouchers for the rest of the week, even though I told her I didn't have any.
5- The valet staff are not friendly. When you walk in and out the hotel, they look extremely grumpy and don't smile or greet you or open the door for you. You feel like someone in their family has just died. Very intimidating to be near them.
6- There was a problem with my bill. They had charged me $200 for valet service that I never even used. It's a good thing I checked my bill carefully, or I would have paid $200 more than I owed. Very incompetent.
7- The overall customer service is terrible and atmosphere of the hotel is just awful. From the first 2 minutes I walked in, I wanted to check out. I still don't know why I didn't. I did ask about checking out and if prepaid money can be refunded, but they said I would have to check with my travel agent in my home country. As it would be a hassle, and I was only there for a week, I decided to just put up with it. I do regret that now though.

A few other points:
1- The fitness center is small and horrible. They only have treadmills as cardio machines. For someone with knee problems, I joined a local gym because the facilities of the fitness center did not fit my needs. For anyone who wants to keep training while on vacation, you will be disappointed.
2- The internet is ridiculously overpriced. $15 a day for wireless internet is just a rip off. I've stayed in far better hotels, where wireless is free.
3- The menu for the restaurant is very average. They don't have a lot of choice, and it seemed extremely average for a hotel with such a name.

I would just like to mention, this is the first time in my life that I ever write a review for a hotel just because I want to spare others' from making the wrong decision. You can clearly see many other bad reviews here too, clearly they are doing something wrong. Hilton Bentley gives a bad name to all Hilton hotels. I will not stay in another Hilton hotel again.

If you want my advice, you can do far better than the Hilton Bentley. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and this is probably one of the worst, I truly believe I would have enjoyed Miami more if I had stayed in a better accommodation. For the money you will pay, and the reasons I listed above, you can find cheaper and nicer. Or the same price, but you actually get what you pay for. My final words: Hilton Bentley, just don't. Just don't do that to yourself.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
To all Viewers,

I respectfully request you disregard this review and the inaccurate statements made wihtin. We are aware of the reviewer’s identity and the expected personal attack they are attempting to place on the Hilton Bentley in spite of our efforts to mediate. Please refer to our previous reviews (both positive and not so positive) for a more accurate understanding of our hotel and services.

Thank you.
John Laclé- Hilton Bentley Leadership Team
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2010

As a diamond member I was very excited to go to a Category 7 hotel.
The property was a huge letdown-I'd give it a Category 3 rating.
The hotel room decor and furniture is way outdated-definitely shocking for a 7. I didn't realize until this weekend how meaningful the ambience is in a hotel room to make you feel like you're in a special place. The bed was old, the furniture was old (and not in an antique kind of way), even the towels were old and dingy looking. The only nice looking thing was the marble floor which desperately needed a deep cleaning. Oddly, the front check-in is stunning-hmmm very sneaky.
Seems like a simple "makeover" could make this a must stay property. The staff were lovely and breakfast was fine. I personally loved the location of the hotel just south of the "action". Get over the $35 valet charge, it's South Beach!
Go to this hotel because you want to use your Hilton Honor points in South Beach, not because its a great property to stay at. Sorry Hilton...
PS Don't miss "The Big Pink" restaurant which is walking distance and be sure to stock up on your own booze at the Portofino near by. Both deliver but it was way more fun to do my own shopping :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MLee100
Hello. Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased you found the service and location to be “a 10.” I have shared your comments with the team.

We especially value our HHonors Diamond members at the Hilton Bentley. To show our sincerity, we offer all of our Diamond Members VIP seating and champagne service at our Bentley Beach Club in addition to the standard benefits given.

Typically, our room product is highly revered by our guests and reviewers (please reference prior reviews here). They especially appreciate the kitchens and kitchenettes in all of our suites, Jacuzzi tubs, European furnishings, Italian marble flooring, etc. This isn’t the case in this review, for which I am sorry for. I have no explanation to offer except to state the hotel has been undergoing a deep cleaning of all of our suites in the past few weeks, which is now nearing completion.

Thank you for your comments. We are a better hotel than the review given. I certainly hope we can welcome you back to the Hilton Bentley.