“Excellent Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Worth, United States
“Excellent Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I were here just for a very short over-night stay on our way down to Key West... But we loved the room. In fact, it kind of spoiled us for our room down in Key West (I won't mention that resort!). We didn't have much time to really experience the staff and hotel as a whole, but we were very happy with the accommodations. Recommended in my opinion... And we will definitely go back for a longer stay when we hit Miami again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Gibbstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel with a friendly attentive staff on the beach this is the place to go. We have stayed at many Hilton Hotels and this one had one of the friendliest staffs we have encountered. We will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

First time staying here as an elite Hilton honors member. I was put in a worn, mediocre room facing the west tower with no view. I was told upon check in that I could be checked into an ocean view room the next day when one opened up. The next morning I spoke to the front desk who told me they would move my room later in the day. Around 4:30 pm when I called the front desk again, they told me there was nothing else available and "maybe they could check me into another room tomorrow". Why would I want to move rooms halfway into my stay? This is the worst treatment I have had as a Diamond member.

Other annoyances:
Every time I went to ask the concierge a question he was "on break". Had to wait 20 minutes for him to arrive.

I am starting to wonder what I am getting in return for being such a loyal hilton honors member.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank st8xuva
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very appreciative of the loyalty given by our valued Diamond Guests to Hilton. We vigorously strive to demonstrate our appreciation of the loyalty our most valued Hilton guests display with various service enhancements, including exceptional room upgrades. For your visit, we certainly fell short of expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for our inability to better the accommodations, and failure to fulfill a promise made to do so the next day. I have forwarded the feedback to our key team leaders, ensuring we meet the highest standards our most valuable guests expect of us. We are working hard to cure the service miscues experienced I certainly hope we may welcome you back.

Thank you very much for your loyalty to Hilton.

John Laclé, General Manager
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Truly a memorable and perfect stay! I average about 100 room nights a year and have never been at a property with more pleasant employees. This was my first visit to this hotel, but it most certainly won't be my last.
I even commented to the nice lady at the front desk, asking her if people were always so nice around there. This was after the sixth very pleasant good morning I received, four of them greeting me by name, she said "I hope so", with a smile.
Additionally, the mojitos at De Rodriguez were enough of a reason to return to this very well run hotel. Thank you again for the perfect post cruise respite, one we will repeat.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We reserved the oceanfront suite we desired 3 months in advance. The front desk staff got us in the room 2 hours early. Good first impression. We got to the room and found a bottle of wine, complements of the GM. Good second impression. The room was large, clean and exactly what we wanted. The view was outstanding. We hit the beach right away, and were greeted quickly with a glass of bubbly and an escort to a couple of shaded beach chairs. Maria provided outstanding beachside service - never missing an opportunity to greet us by name for the duration of our stay. Yes, it takes a while to get food delivered out on the beach - so set your expectations that way and enjoy the view while you wait. Back at the pool, Raul was chatting up the customers and mixing outstanding drinks. Ask him for a margarita and you won't be disappointed - I've already changed my recipe to match his. Inside at the bar, Carla was very pleasant and helpful with dinner recommendations. We had one small issue with the air conditioning and it was resolved in 30 minutes. All in all, it was a very good stay, and in my opinion, management has made a point of emphasizing customer service to the staff - it shows. We will be back.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have been a business travel for over 15 years and an elite Hilton Honors member for many years. I made a reservation months in advance and cashed in 120,000 hilton points for 2 nights. Upon checkin I noticed the construction and asked for a room away from the construction. We were put into a tiny room on a low floor with 2 buildings under construction outside our room. Construction starts at 6:00 am and it is very very loud. The hotel landscaping people were also looking in our windows at 8:00 with their blowers and weed eating equipment. Very stalker like and made my wife very uncomfortable. I asked for a different room, but they refused to move us. The valet also lost our ticket so we waited an extra 30 minutes before they found the car and acted like it was our problem. The TV in the room was broken and each channel had various levels of volume with a broken remote control. Nothing about this hotel was worth the stay. I called the General Manager the day after our stay to give him a chance to address our concerns and he never called me back. The service at this hotel and the disregard for our comfort will now make me a former Hilton Honors member and will not return to this property and second guess staying at any other Hilton. Avoid this hotel if you think is it nice or relaxing.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. Avoid this hotel.
6 Thank Drew M
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your loyalty Hilton.

I am very sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations, and missed the initial opportunity to make it right. We are working hard to cure the service miscues stated including valet service, and television disrepair. We recognize you as a valued Hilton guest. I am sorry we were unable to offer upgraded accommodations for your visit. I certainly hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back.

John Laclé, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I Enjoyed My Stay At The Bently. Jonathan works at the front desk and was so nice from the moment we walked in. It was my birthday and he even left a little present for my cousin and I in the room while we were out. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends