“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Owings, Maryland
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Spent the night at Hilton Bentley South Beach after getting off a cruise. We arrived very early, so I didn't expect our room to be ready. The room I had reserved was not ready but the front desk clerk (I wish I could remember his name, he was great) told me he had a smaller room, with older furnishing in it ready if I would like it.(I was surprised but pleased that he was honest about that) Or if I gave him my cell number he would put a rush on the room I had booked. I told him that would be fine. They gave us full access to the hotel, pool and beach. We went to the beach and were greeted by very nice people at the Hilton booth. They set up 2 chairs just where we asked them to. Gave us 2 bottles of water and a glass of champagne. About 2 hrs later the front desk called me to let me know the room was ready. It was a very nice room with spectacular views. We had both the city and the beach views. About 4:30 you could see the cruise ships leaving the bay. The room was large, the bathroom was spacious. There is a mini kitchenette with a mini bar. The pool is small, but has some nice lounging areas and who needs a big pool when the ocean is steps away. There is a restaurant and bar area. The menu isn't to large for lunch. (We didn't do dinner here). We split a flat bread pizza which was good. The drinks and food are typically priced for a hotel, remember you are in South Beach. Breakfast was good there was a full buffet. Every staff member we encountered while here were extremely friendly and welcoming. The location of the hotel is really great. You are at the very south of South Beach but within walking distance to Ocean Dr and Collins Ave. day and nightlife. Hilton Bentley is somewhere I would recommend, I think its a great spot for a night or two before or after a cruise.

Room Tip: Corner suite on top floor was amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hoboken NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a handicapped room with partial ocean view, mostly city view. I would totally get another handicapped room because the shower was huge! Everything else was fine, no real issues. Service was slow and not present at times, especially on the beach where I had to go back to the area and flag someone down to get service. Would I pay to stay here? --- No, but I would use points to stay here again. Remember using points avoids the daily resort fee which is very annoying to have to pay for in the first place. $60k points a night for 3 nights. For me, it was fairly easy to get 180k points because of the bonus sign on spending requirements for the 3 credit cards I chose. (also thanks to Vanilla reloads --- VR's as we call them)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

You will not be disappointed with your stay here!! AWESOME beach and beach service! Only thing I would change is a non-smoking area. Views are outstanding and location to eating and shopping just about perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am a "gold" member and use my hard earned points to stay here. 60,000 points a nights for 3 nights, you do the math. Upon checking in with my girlfriend, the front desk felt the need to announce loudly that I used my points. NO NEED. I was then given my room and of course no upgrades were available even though they mentioned since it was for a birthday, they would make a note. No biggie, i went with our regular room which was a deluxe city view. The room was nothing special and extremely outdated. It did have a kitchen with 2 plates, 7 utensils, a few glasses, and an ice cream scooper. WooHoo. The flat screen on the wall was not HD, and everytime the tv was turned on, the volume was at max. Bathroom seemed as if Donald Trump threw up on it, outdated. Do you really need a bidet, come on now.

The service is sub par at best. No call backs when they said they would. Room service takes 45-60 minutes for your incorrect order and then another 20 minutes for your correct order. Pool/beach butlers are slow and screw up orders. Order grilled fish and got fried fish. The server said oh you wanted grilled hahaha. I really didnt think it was funny.
Breakfast for gold members was crappy unless you order the omlettes.

The menu said they have $5 mojitos and tapas but the bar said thats an old menu. Get a new menu then!

Bottom line, not worth the $ or points. Very creepy hotel with a horrible odor.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MoSes80nyc
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. We appreciate and recognize you as a valued HHonors Gold Member.

Please accept my very sincerest apologies for the service miscues experienced. Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience. We appreciate the feedback, and are working diligently to correct the service lapses listed.

I certainly hope we may have an opportunity to welcome you back.

John Laclé
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days and it was a great place to stay for a few days business trip. This is a nice small hotel and nice to be away from the larger hotels. It is on the beach and a close walk to the art deco area. The pool is small and i would not stay here for a vacation but it i great for a few days of business. The only small thing I noted is the service in the dining room is really slow but if you have time for a 1 hour breakfast this is not a big deal. the hotel is close to a lot of restaurants but the newer and trendier restaurants are in Miami and a drive across the causeway. if you are looking for a younger nightlife it might be better to stay in downtown Miami.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Staying here at present for 2 nights, asked at bar for strawberry aquarium which was on bar menu . Don't do them . Got up to leave bar feet stuck to floor . Ordered room service cold ungrilled cheese sandwich spose to be grilled. Breakfast was dull melon cut to close to the skin so very hard . No service lifts here lifts are very slow. Had expected a better quality for what paid to stay hereh

Room Tip: There is construction site next door u can't go on balcony as noisythe food is poor quality jus...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sezzy1138
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed for 6 nights in November. Upon our welcome we were greeted by the lovely French porter Christophe where we received an inviting welcome to the hotel. Throughout our whole stay he was extremely helpful and always took the time to talk to us and give us great tips on where to go and what to do, a fab guy. Our room was deluxe, upgraded upon arrival :-) the room was very spacious, partial ocean view and the bed so very comfy. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and great omelette station, lovely and freshly made right in front of you. Being down on 1st and Ocean Drive we thought was perfect because you then have to walk up onto the main part of Ocean to get to the lively part. We liked that as we found a few hidden gems on our walks such as The Local House and Fogo De Chao, two great restaurants. Plus you can walk up the beach in the morning right up Ocean Drive which is so lovely, then walk back down Ocean on the sidewalk. For us the location was perfect and it made us explore more. Only thing I would have preferred was proper late check out facilities, the shower in the gym does not do it for me. There is one shower and no privacy to freshen up as it is a small area. We have stayed in many hotels and there has always been either a delegated room you can book for late check out freshen up or suitable specific facilities. But it did the job, I was just a but disappointed they let themselves down a bit by dropping the standard at the end of the stay that's all. Overall great location, good hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast and clean comfy rooms :-)

• Stayed November 2013