“A must stay in South Beach”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #65 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel was a very pleasant experience. It was added on the end of a business trip to Miami where we stayed at another Hilton property. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful and professional. some of the best I have seen. Breakfast was nice. We ate outside by the pool. The buffet had all we needed and was prepared well. Dining staff were excellent and friendly. Just an overall very pleasant experience that hopefully I can repeat.

1  Thank loeeng
There are newer reviews for Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach

Reviewed October 30, 2013

You should infer from the title of this review that I am compelled by sheer virtue of the awesomeness of the hotel and it's staff that I must admit and confess it to be true. The Hilton Bentley was just a surprising treat.

Where do I begin...

Let's start with the physical property. It's on the "quiet" end of Ocean Drive (though our balcony was across from the famous Prime 112 restaurant - so there were many late night horn honking which I can't blame on the hotel). Also Nikki Beach was right next door which we enjoyed dancing on Sunday night. The rooms are large and clean with marble floors. HUGE windows with amazing views of either the city or the beach (or BOTH if you're lucky enough to land a corner room like us!)

Pool was AMAZING! Not that it needed it, but it was heated and just a perfect escape from the irritating jelly fish and brisk wind at the ocean. Being able to walk out the back gate and be ON the beach was also a nice treat.

BREAKFAST!!! As a Hilton Diamond breakfast buffet was included in the room and my oh my was that a real bonus! Fresh cooked eggs, potatoes, pancakes, french toast, oatmeal, tons and tons of fresh cut fruit, fresh juice, yogurt, pastries and of course cereal.

But I really need to get to the the best part of the hotel...THE STAFF! I have seen and experienced great customer service but I have NEVER seen customer service like this. They were attentive, always smiling, always saying "hi, how are mr...", and just seemed to make us feel like the world revolved around us. And that's only the beginning. We witnessed firsthand one of the worst human beings (if he even was one) on the planet treat the staff with so much contempt and disgust I couldn't believe what we were seeing. The guest from hell spoke cruelly to the bartender because he "touched his straw" so the bartender nicely and with a smile remade his drink and used a napkin to put a new straw in his drink.

On the beach, the same guest from hell demanded to be set up closest to the water even though the beach butler explained the seats were reserved for someone else. The guests demands that someone who can speak English (and while there was a little accent - butler's English was just fine). The guest continued to berate the butler and now the manager was there and they all smiled, were gracious and accommodated the jerk's request. When in the restaurant, the hostess was accompanying the same guest from hell to his table and the guest stops, turns and says, "I'm not a kid, I don't need you following me."

I mean...REALLY!?!?

Each time the staff remained not just poised, but gracious and smiling and I can't say this enough...these folks des ever medals for putting up with such nonsense!

okay...so what could be improved?

Need a mirror in the room - whether full length or something but it was not working trying to get ready for dinner and share the one mirror in the bathroom with my wife.
A little more storage in the bathroom for toiletries would be cool also...but really...these sound like nothing given the beauty, cleanliness of the property and the amazing staff.

See you all next year for sure!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best!!!
2  Thank WindyCityFinest
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here with points thinking it would be the ultimate end to a road trip around Florida, but came away a bit underwhelmed. Room was fine but nothing special. Bellman was great. Reception staff a bit offhand. Female bar tender was laughably bad. So an ok stay but nothing special and glad we did not pay full rate.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Recently my wife and I spent a week at this hotel. Debbie and her entire staff are wonderful. They treat us like family. Great location to beaches and the best restaurants in Miami. Because the hotel is many suites, there is plenty of room and some fantastic views of the ocean and the city of Miami.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have to say that our trip was awesome! We had a small issue with a smoke alarm, but overall we where happy with our stay. I do believe that this Hilton is more for adults than children. We have stayed in the Hilton in Sunny Isles and found it more of a family environment verses this one on South Beach which is very sexy and great for a romantic getaway with spouse.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Immel C
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We book the room on the fly after we eloped. We were able to check in within 30 minutes of calling. The room was very clean and the bathroom was huge. we had a great experience for an impromptu reservation.

1  Thank Jeannine D
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went for a 4 day quick get a way. We usually stay at Hilton hotels and when we arrived at the hotel we had requested early check in. The Very RUDE front desk attendant told us sorry there were no rooms for early check in. As diamond members we asked if there was a priority on the room for us? He told us they do not prioritize members and it is first come first serve. After waiting an hour(it was now past 4) we asked again and this time we got a little upset. He did not offer us a complimentary drink or any apology he simply said if you sit at the bar I will get you in 5 to 10 min housekeeping is just finishing up. we waited an additional 30 min before we finally went and asked for the manager. We did get our room and an upgrade, but the man at reception was Terribly rude and called us liars "he never said how long it would take" according to him. I tried to calmly explain to him that if he would have just been honest and polite it would make things a lot easier.
Well it went from bad to worse.
Our room was never cleaned before 4 or 5 in the afternoon. We had to call and ask for housekeeping. (meanwhile we left the room in the am and spent the day at the beach.
The toilet over flowed.
But here is the kicker ----as we are always staying at Hilton hotels, they have become like a second home for us and we feel safe and comfortable. my husband and I both left our passports and wallets in a drawer in the closet. I never took mine out the entire trip. My husband only took out one card. 4 days after we left south beach (we traveled to Detroit and stayed at the Hampton in ) the front desk calls us and says you credit card did not go through. Then the calls starts coming in EVERY SINGLE CREDIT CARD AND DEBIT CARD (7 times 2) had been compromised and used in South beach. Not only had the cards been compromised but they had been cloned. (physical cards made) All cards were cancelled and we are stuck with about a years work of trying to get everything back. We called the Bentley Hotel and spoke to the Manager (same girl who we spoke with when staying at the hotel) She said oh sorry let me look into the situation and call you back. We have still not received one call back from the Hilton. We would never put this out here if it was not impossible that the fraud was committed elsewhere. This happened at the hotel by people with access to our suite. WE have contacted police and there will be an investigation but the Hilton has done NOTHNG to assist us or even apologize. This is outrageous and appalling to say the least.
STAY AWAY from this hotel if you want to keep your identity. We are now afraid what the future will hold and what will be done with our information and identification. ---A former Hilton patron

9  Thank Lisetteki
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Thank you for your loyalty to the company. The credit card fraud incident is currently under investigation.

Reviewers: The hotel has safes in all guest rooms and safety deposit boxes at the front desk for your added security.

John Laclé – General Manager