“Family holiday”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #62 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were upgraded to the Miami Hilton Bentley when our hotel was closed by the fire marshal. We had a room with a kitchenette and large bathroom with separate shower and large corner bath, we also had a balcony with chairs. The hotel was lovely and clean the reception staff and pool staff were helpful and pleasant. We ate in the pool restaurant a couple of lunch times which was lovely/tasty and not too expensive for a hotel. By the pool there were complimentary towels and sunbeds which were rarely all taken. The beach and beautifully warm ocean were 2 minutes walk through the hotel security gate (there were hotel sunbeds but we did not use these). Next to the hotel was a car park which was cheaper than the valet service and (we found) safe. You were close enough to walk along Ocean Drive to the bars and restaurants and if you wanted a taxi there were plenty around.
We booked through South Beach Vacations who i would not recommend - they told us the room would have 2 'proper' beds and one blow up, when we arrived late at night after driving from Disney the room only had one bed and one blow up (for 5 of us), we could not get hold of them during our stay (on emailing on our return i received an email saying that they had spoken to my husband 3 or 4 times during our stay - he laughed saying if they did speak to someone it was not him!) There was not enough crockery for all of us, the blow up bed had a puncture and needed pumping up daily (which we did with a hairdryer). We are laid back and chose location over size of room for our family (the room would be huge for 2 - but for a family of 5 this was 'snug'). None of these things distract from the fact that the hotel, staff and location were great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Last weekend I had to work in Miami. Arrived on Friday afternoon after a long flight from Europe. First impression: wrong combination : friendly beachhotel and serious work ahead, lobby was packed with happy holiday campers from New York. I liked the hotel very much, especially swimming pool ( outside), every morning at 7h00 a.m. (rising sun), followed by breakfast (outside). Room was very convenient, silent, slept well. Majority of personnel was helpful and willing to serve

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marnix V
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was a quick cab ride from the airport. Although this is a Hilton, it doesn't feel like it. This hotel has a small boutique feel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Checking in was very fast. When I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised to see a welcome letter with a bottle of wine. My room was upgraded to a beautiful suite that was so clean, it looked brand new. I had a nice wrap around balcony with a partial beach and city view. I felt like I was staying in a friends condo rather then a hotel. I had a full size kitchen with a stocked refrigerator, a full walk in closet with all the amenities you would need and a very large bathroom with a separate tub and glassed in shower. The shower leaked very badly though. My bed was very comfortable so I slept well. The hotel has a great cuban style restaurant and a nice bar. Diamond members get complimentary lounge chairs and an umbrella at the Bentley Beach Club, which is a very nice perk. I also received a free bottle of water and wine. The "beach butlers" are very fast and friendly. The pool looked very nice, even though I didn't use it. Breakfast was great and included everything you would need, except soy milk, if you're lactose intolerant. I'll try to stay here again when I return to Miami.

Room Tip: Just be happy you get a room, considering this hotel is always booked when I try to book it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013

It's a very good hotel, the food is great and so is the location. The pool very nice and so as the beach. The only thing i could say is that the housekeeping was not good, i stayed there for a week and my room was never fully cleaned, the floor and the hot tub were dusty and that never changed during my stay. I asked my hand towels to be changed once and they left me with no hand towels until i had to ask for them, then the cleaning lady gives me this tiny face towels instead of the regular ones.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a lovely Hotel right on the sea front on south beach. The beach is great and the pool area is small but nice.
The food is very good in the restaurant and also room service was good. The service was good and bad. The front desk , house keeping, restaurant, beach staff were all great.

I decided I wanted to go to the everglades and needed advice from the concierge so I asked to speak to him at the front desk. Front desk contacted Louis and I waited. After 5 minutes I had to go but returned after half a hour. Same thing the front desk contacted Louis. After about 5 minutes , front desk again contacted Louis and was I told to wait at the concierges desk which I did. 15 minutes later still no sign of Louis so I go back the to front desk and the bell boy went into the back to get him. Waited another 7 minutes and then left. Does Louis exist ???
If you are booking this hotel on the Hilton web site beware of misleading pictures. I booked a room with a city view, on the web site there is a picture of a room with a balcony facing the city. We I got to my room which was lovely there was no balcony. I rang down to front desk to be told there was no balcony on my chosen room type. I am very pleased to say that the hotel upgraded me to a room with a sea view and balcony.
Overall a good experience except for Louis.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

lovely boutiquey type hotel...staff all lovely and friendly and helpful and as hubbie has a diamond Hilton honours card we got a good upgrade to a room with a balcony with a great view of the beach....down side - smelled too strongly of air freshner, those electronic ones.Great beach and beach butler etc....breakfast lovely but only one bar thats way too small, makes you want to wander out the main door and saunter up ocean drive. plenty to see and do along there though, really loved it and would happily go back for another stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackieglasgow2
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I LOVE this hotel. The service is exceptional and the rooms very nice. The location is awesome and the beach service exceptional as well. Got upgraded to an ocean view (not ocean front), and enjoyed many hours on our balcony drinking, enjoying a nice cigar, and just looking at the beautiful ocean. Used Hilton points as the price is very expensive typically.

Room Tip: Anything with an ocean view is preferable, but I've had city view and it is fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple