“Family Vacation”

Ranked #62 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lincoln, United States
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A wonderful hotel and appreciate the warm welcome we received from Debbie when we arrived. We traveled as a family and loved the property. We took advantage of several of the parks located within blocks of the hotel that are very nice. I would highly recommend all families with small children to take in Southpoint park. We also had the chance to eat at many of the recommended restaurants from the hotel including Prime Italian, Pizza Rustica, Avalon and Big Pink. All were very good and child friendly to smaller children. Service again was very good and all hotel staff was warm and welcoming. Debbie was a true joy to start our stay. I would highly recommend a stay at the Resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Love the location ( right by the beach) the room was clean and enormous, beds comfy, panoramic view with balcony! Still yet to discover the hotel and all amenities but so happy with being here! Will definitely come back to stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I really am torn when writing a review on this property: I keep coming back year after year though each time I am less than happy with both service and the property itself and I'm telling you- not receiving any upgrades over the years doesn't help as it's starting to show its age! So, if you've never been, I best go through a pro/con list:

Pros: Location, location, location! It's right by the ocean at the very Southern end of Ocean Drive which I like as it's a couple of blocks down from all the noisy tourist traps, bars, shopping strips etc while still just a short stroll or bike ride (they now got those cool rental bikes everywhere which you can use for half an hour at 4$ which is so good in a place like SoBe!) up there if you're heading out at night. Also- that pool, I love it! Not huge but just pretty and really nicely done with all the beach chairs and the bar service and so on. Water a bit too warm for my liking but that seems to be one of those funny American spleens, hey, you're here in the US so just live with their customs I say! Also- the rooms: If you're rich or lucky enough to get an upgrade, they can have great views and nice balconies etc though they're starting to get old. Service-wise, some staff are always spot on while others... Well, see below! It's a shame as some staff members are so nice- Cameron who checked me in was such a sweetie!

Cons: Oh, where do I start? This place could be so good if only they introduced a few little changes. First thing is the brutal check in/out time policy which means that you ALWAYS have to wait by the pool if you're there any earlier than 3 and you ALWAYS get told that 12 noon is the very very latest check out time possible no matter what. Having stayed here for the fourth time now I realize that this is purely based on a stupid die-hard rule which avoids them so extra work. How some hotel staff in other properties juggle around rooms and bookings to help with that but no, not the Hilton Bentley, they seem to think they're something better. Which is the kind of attitude some staff members on all my stays display (please get rid of that super unfriendly and arrogant Latin [--] at reception- she is soooo bad!). I'd have many more faults I could share both from my last as well as from previous visits here but that list would get very very long: So so housekeeping with old coffee left still in the coffee maker from previous guests, mould over the shower with badly needs some upgrading, ridiculously bad buffet breakfast (really, everything was wrong with it!) and so on. And to top it off, I ended up with the worse possible view from my room which really is a let down in this location. Anyway- I'll probably still come back without even quite knowing why!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sydneyberlin
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great location for my wife and I to stay while in Miami. Away from the craziness of Ocean Dr., in an area that is up and coming. Great restaurant and bars in walking distance that are less clubby. Great views of the ocean and easy walk to Ocean Dr. Beautiful beach and beautiful rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed one night at the end of a 3 day cruise out of port of Miami. To be fair, I must mention that I did not pay for the room- it was purchased by my mother in law on her hilton points and she is a gold member. Her gold member status seemed to transfer to us since she made the reservation. Also, a little perspective...we are both 45. We came for to see the sights, but not necessarily party til dawn. We came straight from the ship and got to the hotel about 11. They kindly held our bags, gave us a key to access the public areas and took our number to call when the room was ready. The pool is very pretty and has really cushy chairs with towels already on them. There are pool butlers, complimentary SPF, a bar and great restrooms by the pool. The hot tub and gym are on the 4th floor- also very upscale. Our room was AMAZING. Very big and pretty. The view was pretty nice. The hotel is at the very far end of the south beach action and quite a walk to the well know areas. I thought it would be closer and we walked to Esplanalda (I think the name) St...it was a very far walk, but possible. We received a free drink ticket for the bar. The drink was ok. We did get another, the happy hour prices were decent. The restaurant prices were super high and we just got off a cruise where we ate like crazy so we walked up Ocean for a light dinner. We also received a free continental breakfast in the Cuban restaurant. It was also amazing and upscale. All in all, we felt very pampered and appreciated all the little extras that this hotel had. From water in the lobby to a full kitchen to the robes in the bathroom, it was great. Another note, although we had access to the beach, the weather got bad and we did not get there. I walked out to the beach. The beach is ok- I would not pay extra for its use- it was included in our stay. I did see others mentioning an extra fee- not sure about that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great hotel by the south beach, walking distance from many attractions. The rooms are very nice and the hotel has great amenities, both beach and room. The views from the rooms are breathtaking; go for the oceanview rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came along as a guest of a friend who had a meeting at the hotel. She said the meeting room and breakfast was great. I got to hang out and enjoy the facilities and they were also great. I was surprised at how nice all of the staff has been. Cameron and Christoph went over and above to answer our questions and suggest things for me to do in the area. The room was huge and we loved having a kitchenette. Everything was clean, housekeeping was friendly and did a very nice job. The chairs at the pool were really comfortable and the beach access was perfect. I will be back with my family for sure. I wish I could live here.

Room Tip: we loved being on the 6th floor, our balcony overlooked Nikkis and we had a nice view of ships headi...