“Nice quiet hotel”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #62 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed one night at the end of a 3 day cruise out of port of Miami. To be fair, I must mention that I did not pay for the room- it was purchased by my mother in law on her hilton points and she is a gold member. Her gold member status seemed to transfer to us since she made the reservation. Also, a little perspective...we are both 45. We came for to see the sights, but not necessarily party til dawn. We came straight from the ship and got to the hotel about 11. They kindly held our bags, gave us a key to access the public areas and took our number to call when the room was ready. The pool is very pretty and has really cushy chairs with towels already on them. There are pool butlers, complimentary SPF, a bar and great restrooms by the pool. The hot tub and gym are on the 4th floor- also very upscale. Our room was AMAZING. Very big and pretty. The view was pretty nice. The hotel is at the very far end of the south beach action and quite a walk to the well know areas. I thought it would be closer and we walked to Esplanalda (I think the name) St...it was a very far walk, but possible. We received a free drink ticket for the bar. The drink was ok. We did get another, the happy hour prices were decent. The restaurant prices were super high and we just got off a cruise where we ate like crazy so we walked up Ocean for a light dinner. We also received a free continental breakfast in the Cuban restaurant. It was also amazing and upscale. All in all, we felt very pampered and appreciated all the little extras that this hotel had. From water in the lobby to a full kitchen to the robes in the bathroom, it was great. Another note, although we had access to the beach, the weather got bad and we did not get there. I walked out to the beach. The beach is ok- I would not pay extra for its use- it was included in our stay. I did see others mentioning an extra fee- not sure about that.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great hotel by the south beach, walking distance from many attractions. The rooms are very nice and the hotel has great amenities, both beach and room. The views from the rooms are breathtaking; go for the oceanview rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came along as a guest of a friend who had a meeting at the hotel. She said the meeting room and breakfast was great. I got to hang out and enjoy the facilities and they were also great. I was surprised at how nice all of the staff has been. Cameron and Christoph went over and above to answer our questions and suggest things for me to do in the area. The room was huge and we loved having a kitchenette. Everything was clean, housekeeping was friendly and did a very nice job. The chairs at the pool were really comfortable and the beach access was perfect. I will be back with my family for sure. I wish I could live here.

Room Tip: we loved being on the 6th floor, our balcony overlooked Nikkis and we had a nice view of ships headi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I can't say how much I love this property and the team running it. The location is close to everything, but far enough to relax. All the rooms are well appointed. The people working in it do a superior job. They do an amazing job! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Gabriel M
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our room was huge! I also loved that it was very modern. Full kitchen, big bathroom, and surround sound! The pool was heated and the lounge chairs were so comfy. We met so many friendly people and had a great time!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

It was impossible to get any sleep in this hotel. Right next to it is a nightclub (Nikki Beach). People were out on the street shouting an honking car horns all night. The windows in the room have single pane glass, which does not dampen the sound from outside at all. It finally became quiet at 6am. Our room was on the side where the hotel entrance was. I do not know if we would have had the same experience if we had had a room on the opposite side (away from the noise). When we commented on the noise on checkout, the reaction was that they could not understand why people would party so late on a Sunday night. Stay away from this hotel if you want to get some sleep.

2  Thank spike10312
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, particularly when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand the street noise was an issue during your stay. While we do have additional overnight security and managers available, we regret the street noise was disruptive to you. I have contacted the General Manager of Nikki Beach to voice my concern of the noise from their Sunday night May 12 event. I apologize with the manner in which our team addressed your concerns. I have passed on your comments to our team. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewers: The hotel is located in a relatively quieter side of South Beach, South of Fifth (Sofi). The review describes the noise impact from an event on Sunday May 12 at Nikki Beach, a beach club adjacent to the hotel. I am addressing the issues with Nikki Beach to assure experiences such as the one described are not duplicated.

John Laclé - General Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I treated my wife (as usual) to a special Mothers Day weekend, this time I choose the Hilton-Bentley South Beach. And I will say that Debbie Ramsawak and her staff ( and I mean everyone in the Hotel) exceeded our expectations. I would like to mention "Maria" the poolside server was amazing !!!
The Hotel is located in the area known as South of Fifth, right next to Nikki Beach club and top notch Restaurants such as PRIME 112, Italian Prime, and on site De Rodiguez Cuba who was a James Beard award winner. The mojitos were great as we arrived by poolside, as well as the Marlin Tacos, which I highly recommend. To cool us off they served frozen grapes in a sugar rimmed champagne glass, very refreshing. The view from the room was breath taking, both of the beach, Fisher Island, even the sight of the Cruise Ships leaving the port, and the Miami skyline , we were upgraded (Hilton Diamond status) to a King suite, so it pays to be loyal to your Hotel brand ! I will add as a business travel, nearly 3 weeks out of every month, worldwide , I only stay in Hilton properties. And this rates as one of the best experiences I have had.
The next day we choose to spend it on the beach, the hotel have beach butlers assist you with your lounge chairs and umbrellas, also you may order cocktails and food , that evening we had reservations at De Rodriguez Cuba and again great service and excellent food. If you are considering a South Beach getaway and want something special, this is the place, we will be back very soon!!