“Great Stay”

Ranked #64 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Do you need any free perfume? Go to the Hilton Bentley or any other Boutique type hotel in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale because geez the lobby's are noxious with their fragrance! I feel bad knocking stars off for that but I legit got a headache almost instantly when I walked through their lobby. Thankfully the scent stopped near Rodriguez because we stayed at that bar all the time and it would have been a pitty to have to avoid that.
The room was very nice, the bathroom was gorgeous and very spacious, the view was alright. The bed was comfortable and we never had any issues with noise. The grounds were decently maintained. The pool area was really pretty and I took advantage of the complimentary suntan lotion as mine was buried deep in my bag and I didn't feel like digging it out. The pool butler service was hit or miss - a couple days great, one day not so great. The location was good, right on the beach, and within walking distance to some nice restaurants and the iconic South Beach area.

The breakfast was great but we had it complimentary related to our Hilton Honor's status. I'm not sure the price and if it would be worth it otherwise. The onsite bar/restaurant was really awesome with some fabulous tapas specials and mojitos.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheAntebella
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your candid feedback, allowing the hotel to improve upon its operation.

Thank you for your loyalty with Hilton. We appreciate your business.

John Laclé, General Manager – Hilton Bentley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hotel room was nice. Updated on the 10th floor. However they never came to clean the room during my weekend stay. There are not many pool chairs so make sure you get there early! Valet is horrible. Meter park. It may be a pain to go back to put money in but worth it. Valet drives very aggressive, could care less about your car. When requesting car it takes forever. Not a bad hotel but its not your usual Hilton. This "boutique" hotel needs some improvement. Front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Laurcag
We certainly appreciate you alerting us to your concerns about the valet services and apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort. We'll be addressing all of your comments with our team so we can ensure you and future guests are taken care of.

I certainly hope we may welcome you back for a more perfect experience.

John Laclé, General Manager-Hilton Bentley
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I came to South Beach to celebrate my boyfriends 30th birthday! I travel 3 weeks out of the month and decided to use my Hilton points at the Hilton Bentley (because the Hilton Grand Vacations was full).

The Hilton Bentley is right on the beach but about at least a mile away from anything else we wanted to do.
The rooms were big and clean, and the decor was satisfactory. Although, they used air freshener in the hall that was overpowering.

What would make the stay better:
1. upgrade furniture in common areas 2. Charge less Hilton points per night (more like 50,000 points vs 80,000 points per night).

Overall takeaway:
This hotel was great for a free stay but I would not have paid for it out of pocket.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Southernroadwarrior
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us for such a special occasion and we wish your boyfriend a very happy birthday. Your loyalty as a rewards member is also very much appreciated and we're glad you chose to stay with us. Fresh perspectives of our hotel decor and amenities are very helpful as we look into refresh opportunities and we appreciate the suggestion. We'll also pass on your feedback about the points to the appropriate members of our corporate team. Please consider us for your next special event or anniversary celebration.

John Laclé, General Manage -Hilton Bentley
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hilton Bentley is a great hotel with an ambiance, and luxurious accomodations. Our suite was amazing - two spacious rooms, one giant balcony with an ocean view and a kitchenette with a full-size fridge. This hotel gives you a feeling of being at home and being in the middle of things at the same time. The service was excellent as well.

Room Tip: Ocean view, of course!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel’s accommodations and overall service.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to South Beach soon.

John Laclé, General Manager – Hilton Bentley
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed there one night. staff great, room great. just the right area, not too near, and not too far from everything. Perfect valet parking, good reception, great pool bar.
Two adults, two teenagers, very enjoyable.

Room Tip: room 401, ocean view, extended balcony,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I used points to stay at this hotel, and I couldn't have been more pleased. It was Pride weekend and it was very busy in the hotel. Nonetheless, the staff were attentive, courteous and professional. They worked exceptionally hard to give me early check-in, and I did not have to keep checking back in for updates (they were constantly on top of housekeeping to give them updates and an ETA for the room to be ready). The room was a perfect size for a solo traveler, and the finishes (polished stone floors throughout (and on the walls of the bathroom). The room was perfectly air-conditioned as well, and I didn't notice any annoying air con noise. The walk-in shower was huge, and very nice. Finally, I will mention that the staff at breakfast were exceptionally nice and attentive; the cook at the omelette station made a delicious egg-white omelette, and came to deliver it to me with a flourish. My salmon and creamy quinoa that I ordered from room service was outstanding, as was the shrimp cocktail with enormous, well-cleaned shrimp. I had an excellent stay here and would gladly pay to come back here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The Hilton Bentley is the premier luxury hotel south of 5th street. That means it is quieter than hotels further up, but it isn't quiet. This is a party town so, understand that upfront. I stayed with 2 young kids and there were plenty other families here, but you have to enjoy being in that scene, otherwise none of the hotels in S. Beach will work for you, period.

This hotel is luxury....the staff is great, the pool is the best in South Beach, and it means something when you say that you're at the Hilton Bentley. The rooms are good, marble, etc. but not exceptional. But, compared to other beach hotels, it is top notch.

Here is where I'm going to make your visit worth spending the extra money to stay at the Hilton Bentley. There is a little known trick to extending your VIP credibility while you're here. This property sits adjacent to the hottest outside club in the country (Nikki Beach). If you ask the concierge to escort you, he will get you past the velvet ropes and arrange to seat you in the VIP section at Nikki Beach. I've personally done this and it is tremendous. The amount of looks from people who waited hours to get into this club, while you saunter past is priceless.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family