“Kudos to John Lacle and his team especially Debbie Ramsawak and Paul at the front desk.”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #63 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary at this beautiful resort. We were upgraded to an ocean front suite because of my Hilton HHonors diamond status. The suite was amazing. The attention to details were impeccable including red rose petals on the floor and bath tub, complimentary champagne in our room, and complimentary mojitos and tapas at the onsite De Rodriguez Cuba restaurant. The location of this resort was ideal and the beach was awesome. Thanks again for making our 20th wedding anniversary so special and a special thanks to Debbie Ramsawak for going above and beyond.

Rudy and Kathleen Rampersad

Room Tip: Great resort, beach and location on South Beach.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lawrenceville, GA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Every hotel has room improvement, but this resort (Hilton Bentley South Beach) has more than most hotels. The location was great. The onsite restaurant was first rate. The hotel staff was wonderful. Our room was a one bedroom suite, which was beautiful. Partial oven view, if you tip toed in a corner of the balcony. My wife and I went to the beach, which was fantastic. The beach staff was wonderful as well. We turned around to take a photo of the hotel. Honestly, it was embarrassing how ugly and small the hotel is. We posted photos on Facebook, but we included no photos of the hotel. Saturday night, we had to go to bed early to catch a morning flight back to Atlanta. The hotel booked a party in the room beside of us that included a DJ and thumping club music through most of the night. I called the front desk. They said they would take care of it, but nothing changed. Not a good night of sleep. I am a Diamond VIP. Instead of an executive lounge, I got one Mojito, which I don't care for. I asked for a substitute of one glass of red wine. No substitutions. I can tell you for sure the hotel was not full, but we got a room in the back of the hotel. I used Hilton Honor points for this stay. I checked the cost if I had paid. It would have been $799 per night. If I would have been paying, I would have asked for a refund on the first night. Will my wife and I return to this hotel? No. I can tell you that I have stayed in hundreds of Hilton hotels. This one is one of the worst. It is very high priced, but the value is no where near the cost.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ken E
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback of your recent visit to the Hilton Bentley. Please accept my apologies for the noise disturbance caused by an event taking place this past weekend adjacent to your room, ultimately affecting your overall experience with us. I very much value and appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide. I certainly hope we may welcome you back.

I am pleased you found our location to be great, our D Rodriguez Cuba Restaurant to be first-rate, our service and team to be wonderful, and the one bedroom suite upgrade you had received to be beautiful.

Reviewers: We absolutely value our HHonors Diamond Guests. In the absence of an executive lounge, our HHonors Diamond Guests receive VIP front row seating and champagne service at our Bentley Beach Club, in addition to room upgrades when available, and all other perks offered within the HHonors Program. In addition, we are pleased to offer our signature mojito, compliments of the hotel.

John Laclé - General Manager, Hilton Bentley
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Spent 3 nights here on a business trip. Great hotel, location is amazing. Hotel was clean, rooms were large and clean. Food was amazing. Pool area kept clean with cabana's and a lot of room. kitchens were stocked and great to have. I would stay here again. Was very pleased with service, breakfast buffett was the best selection i have ever seen.

Room Tip: the higher up rooms are the nicest and largest. Check in time is firm for 4pm. No exceptions.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and stay here every year because of the good location and great staff. This year was no different. The front desk staff is first class............... one of the best in America actually thanks to Kelvin and crew! The room was very clean and we love the marble floors, balcony and large bath rooms. De Rodriguez Cuba restaurant and Prime Italian (both on site) are simply great. House keeping is truly the only service complaint we had this trip. We had several occasions where we did not have soap in the shower, adequate towels or any wash cloths. The breakfast buffet food quality was not as good as years past but fine. The breakfast staff are exceptional. Willie and crew go out of their way to deliver great service. The beach service was good for having drinks delivered etc, but we had to pay for chairs and umbrella this year (previously free to Diamond members). The happy hour was great for a cocktail before heading out to dinner. Overall, we had a great experience and look forward to going again next year.

New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is my first time at this location. The Hotel itself was nice enough. It seems a bit dated but that may be a result of color scheme and the relative proximity to the neighboring hotel. The staff made up for the lack of luster at the hotel. However, management should pay a little more attention to addressing some of the simple things that should be fixed that will go a long way.

Starting with the interior, I would first recommend a thorough cleaning of the hotel. Looking out of my balcony down to the 4th floor I noticed a fair amount of junk that seemed to have been there for some period of time This is a simple issue to rectify. The penthouse construction did not bother me as it only took place on the Friday. Housekeeping needs a thorough review as I agree with other posters that for the rate one is charged, they are the weakest link. I too returned to my room after 4pm to find the room hadn't been cleaned. It wasn’t until I commented at the front desk that someone was sent up. The rooms themselves were fine and I had no issue with the room itself. It was a nice size and I had balcony. I would recommend that you book the larger rooms. The kitchenette was a nice thing to have. The Bathrooms are a nice size as well.

The front desk staff is very pleasant and I was always welcomed whenever I walked in. The door was always opened for me and the staff was extremely accommodating. I did however ask for ice (they don't have ice machines) to be delivered to my room but that never arrived. That upset me. I shouldn't have to ask twice so I didn't. Along those lines, HHonors Gold and Platinum benefits are not provided consistently. I read a managers response to a comment on here about offering more than the requirement. I am sorry to say, I didn't see it. In fact I had to remind the front desk about it. For the record, I hate doing that!

I did love the restaurant and the wait staff. The breakfast crew were attentive, accommodating and went above in all ways. I only attended the happy hour in the evening the woman who served us was beyond phenomenal. She made recommendations about the Tapas and drinks and before I knew it she had literally up-sold me on almost the entire menu. I went in for one drink and left after having tried several of the ones on their menu as well as 6 different plates. That’s the kind of employee a restaurant wants. No hard sell just genuine enthusiasm for what was being offered.

Now about the exterior. Again there are some simple fixes that can be applied that will go a long way. I would start with a little paint. The plywood exterior of the penthouse may be temporary but its lack of adornment or even a mild attempt to soften its ugliness would have gone a long way. I even heard people walking down the beach commenting on how "sad" it appeared. I would recommend fixing the broken gate. The sign really just doesn’t help. Finally, what is going on with the dumpster?!?! Is it the hotel’s? If it isn’t for the hotel then someone should realize that it’s in a close enough proximity for it to be associated with Hilton. Something seriously needs to be done about it. A cheap temporary fence would go a long way to mask something so atrocious. The actual grounds of the hotel around the pool were clean and well kept. I don’t understand the raised beds but I will leave that to individual taste and simply say that they look comfortable.

The beach staff were quite pleasant and the cushions on the chairs are worth the $10 a day. I understand that it adds up but I have seen lesser chairs go for more at other hotels in Florida. Besides that, my wife was comfortable and enjoyed them so that makes me happy automatically.

I would recommend this hotel as my criticisms about it are literally superficial at best and are aimed at the management to help them make this property be what it can and should be. It’s in a great location at the quiet end of the beach and is a short walk up to the “Carnival”. Cabs are everywhere so I would recommend not renting a car. If you really want one the hotel can arrange it for you or there is an Enterprise rental agency 6 blocks away.

Room Tip: At a minimum I would recommend a King Studio Partial Ocean view.
1 Thank Univax
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Wow. Just show up and they will take care of almost every need. So very accomodating you won't want for anything. The beach, just out the back of the hotel. Resturant? Try Rodriguez de Cuba right on site, your taste buds will thank you. How able dancing the night away? The hotel is situated right beside Nikki's night club. Get your groove on and dance to the Miami beats.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best. If you like it quiet go for a north side room. The spa is convienentl...
Hampshire
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Just returned from a 9 night stay.I am used to the excellence of Dubai where everything is faultless so I have had to think on this and not be too picky.
There is nothing wrong with this hotel that can't be sorted.
It's position is excellent. At the Southern end of South Beach the position is quite and yet within walking distance of the honky tonk of Miami Beach.
It is on the beach - not over the road or up a side street like many & that commands a premium.
The upgraded room was lovely - wrap around balcony & excellent size.
The staff were excellent. Check in seemless. The restaurant staff were particularly friendly, helpful and efficient especially a young lady from Eastern Europe waitressing in the early evening.
The pool area good enough - it was a quiet time but all was well run and clean.
The breakfast buffet - often up for criticism on Trip A was excellent - more so when moved to the main restaurant rather than bar area.
My gripe is probably not within the control of the hotel. The pool bar - $8 for a glass of wine acceptable. The same for a can of Budweiser - not so. That is nealy 6GBP. I took my own down but that is not as enjoyable. The same for the beach furniture. for three of us the cost per day was quite exorbitant but this seems to be par for the course on US beaches. I am used to the Dubai Hilton where there is no charge .
My main complaint and I have left it til last is housekeeping. Three times I returned to my room gone 4.00pm only to find the room not done. I complained the first evening and still the next couple of evenings the same happened and on one evening it was not done at all. I don't expect this from a quality hotel where one is paying a good price. I don't like playing the "diamond member" card but I did in this instance. On one occasion I watched the housekeeping lady. She was painfully slow. I could have made up half a dozen beds in the time it took her to change a sheet.
Nonetheless we enjoyed our stay here. It is more suitable for couples rather than thos with young children requring entertainment.
I woould stay here again in preference to the Marriott next door where we stayed two years ago.
My I suggest the manager requests a visit to Dubai Jumeirah Hilton to compare.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family