“Beautiful Location on Beach in South Beach...Rooms Not Bad Too”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #60 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The location of the Hilton Bentley is excellent, right next to Nicki Beach. Rooms seem newly renovated and are nice, but they are certainly not posh or trendy like other well renown South Beach hotels. Food is pretty good and location on beach is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Just back from staying at Hilton bentley and have to say the beach and most importantly the beach club staff were amazing. It was our first time at south beach and so glad we opted for a beach front resort. Hilton delivered with a great location and the most attentive beach staff you can imagine. The chaise lounges with a cushion that is almost like a mattress kept us on the beach most of the day. Our room was very nice with a huge balcony and lots of room. Little kitchen area was a nice surprise and came in handy. Work was being done on property but we were never bothered by any noise. Only noise for us was the nightlife outside....two outdoor restaurants across the street with late night kept noise level a bit high...but it was south beach and we knew it would be a party type atmosphere.
I thought our check-in went well until I found that they never gave us the free wifi code, when I asked about it, was given the wrong info. Also, one night I ordered ice cream from room service for my daughter and it never showed. After an hour, I was told it was on it's way....half hour after that she went to bed and the ice cream never arrived. Other then that, it really was a great experience and we would go back anytime. Our waiter at the breakfast buffet was fantastic (I think his name was Willie). He was superb and food was very tasty. Hands down, the beach and beach staff were the best. They took such great care of you....get the lounge chair and the umbrella....it's so worth it and not much extra. I thought Parking was pricey at $35.00/day but once there you realize that parking is at a premium. We walked everywhere and didn't even need the car until checking out. Oh, and the concierge was great....they recommended great restaurants which we enjoyed.....don't pass up the opportunity to utilize their knowledge. Wil be back soon.
One last item, since this was our first time in south beach, I was really pleasantly surprised at the number of families on vacation there. Everyone at everyplace we went was so friendly and nice. I thought south beach would be a fun p,ace to see, but after going there, I would gladly go back again and again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "b" section of hotel which was not oceanfront but from our corner room an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was a guest at this property at the end of December, 2011. A series of small issues made my experience at this property underwhelming to say the least. Upon check-in, I used the bell service to deliver my bags to the room. Baggage delivery took over 40 minutes to arrive. I called down to ask about the delay only to be told he was backed up with luggage. The second issue occurred after a friend of mine used the valet parking service at the hotel for a few hours on the evening of my arrival. Despite him departing early evening and not returning, the hotel incorrectly reported that his car was still on the premises after 1am resulting in an increased parking charge. I brought this to the attention of the desk agent and ultimately the manager before finally having the parking fee appropriately reduced. The attitude seemed to be that the valet inventory records maintained by the hotel were accurate and they were doing me a favor by adjusting the rate. The third issue dealt with the unacceptable service I received at breakfast. The server was nowhere to be found without me first approaching the hostess each time. I told the restaurant manager about this and was told "he would take care of me". This issue was left unresolved as the manager did absolutely nothing to take care of me for the remainder of my stay. Despite informing hotel management prior to check-out and after my departure via email of my negative experience, I received nothing other than an apology.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jdschwartz78
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you.

Please accept our sincere apologies once more for the service inconsistencies experienced five months ago. I appreciate the feedback posted, allowing the hotel to improve.

Reviewers: The hotel is under new management as of February 2012.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights in early April, 2012 and enjoyed our time at the Hilton Bentley. I was scheduled to stay there for a business in the fall of 2011 but had to be walked to another hotel due to a maintenance issue with my reserved room. They walked me to the very nice boutique hotel across the street and were very gracious about doing a make-good.

They gave me complimentary breakfast buffet passes, full health club access and showed a genuine desire to fulfill my needs. I met with Alejandro Rico, the hotel's Revenue Manager and he issued me a certificate for two complimentary room nights to be used at my pleasure.

We could only travel during my wife's spring break from her teaching job, putting us in South Beach during high season--Easter Week. Not only did they honor the complimentary certificate, they gave me a generous discount for a third room night.

Our room was one of the studios, with a good ocean view and more than adequate kitchenette. The staff were very accomodating...the front desk issuing us free drink coupons each day we stayed and I found them all to be friendly and helpful.

We wanted to also compliment the restaurant staff for preparing an incredible combo Black Forest/German Chocolate birthday cake for a poolside dinner celebration we had with some of our best friends who happened to be in South Florida at the same time.

Top-to-bottom, I say kudos to the Hilton Bentley Miami South Beach. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a center room in the West Tower which had an excellent balcony view of the Atlantic Ocean/Bea...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband had a business trip in Miami and we decided to stay at the Hilton Bentley based on photos and descriptions on the hilton site. The hotel is run down and the staff is beyond snooty, the only saving grace for this hotel is the proximity to the beach. p.s. Dishes, a microwave and a small fridge completely full of mini bar items is NOT A KITCHENETTE!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thatgirly
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry the Service experienced was less than stellar, a far departure from the norm. I have attempted to contact you directly to ascertain more information so we may improve. I look forward to your reply.

Reviewers: We offer kitchens or kitchenettes in all of our accommodations. We offer full kitchens in our one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites, fully equipped with stainless steel appliances (refrigerator, microwave, and stove) and cutlery for four people. Our Studios offer kitchenettes featuring a mini-refrigerator, sink, microwave, and cutlery for two people. Up to date pictures on our website (Fall 2011), correctly and accurately depict the features of our kitchens and kitchenettes.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed at this Hilton as a HHonors Gold elite member and was given free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast. No room upgrade but the standard room was good enough. Check-in wasn't as "friendly" as I would have hoped but the rest of the staff were great during our short 3 day stay.

Breakfast, the room and the location were all fantastic. The only problem is slamming doors! Seriously every night we would be woken up by other guests slamming their doors, surely some sound deadening wouldn't go amiss!

Another small gripe was the cleaning staff took our sleepwear by accident and never returned them. After 3 trips to reception and numerous requests it was not sorted out and I am hoping they will be forwarded on via post in the next few days.

Overall a great stay but would look for slightly quieter hotels next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in 515A and it was noisy.... don't know about others rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and constructive feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed the overall service, breakfast, room, and location.

Please accept my apologies for the noise experienced. I appreciate you listing the room number, allowing the hotel to find the source of the noise. We have made the appropriate corrections.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to South Beach. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Worldwide as an Elite Gold HHonors. We appreciate your business.

John Laclé – General Manager, Hilton Bentley

P.S. We are searching for your sleepwear. I will have it sent to you once recovered.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My stay at your hotel far exceeded my expectations. The King Suite with an ocean view truly blew us away. I have travelled the world and stayed at many first class establishments. Of those hotels, your property ranks among the best. Your staff treated my family and I like VIPs. The staff was extremely courteous, professional, and provided my family with a welcoming environment during our stay. Your service staff did an OUTSTANDING job as we were greeted each day with a warm friendly smile. We were asked how our day is going, and is there was anything they could get for us. This OUTSTANDING customer service was provided by Calvin, Franklin, Willie, Mimi, and the entire staff during our stay.
The morning staff serving breakfast by the pool helped kick started a wonderful day each day. Franklin greeted my family daily and asked if there was anything he can do to make our stay better. Mimi at the Beach Club constantly checked on us to see if we needed anything while at the beach. The housekeeping staff kept our room cleaned and provided an OUTSTANDING service. I thanked as many of the staff as possible during my stay however I wanted to let the Hotel Executive Offices know what an OUTSTANDING staff you have at the hotel. I have shared this with all my friends on Facebook, letting them know where they should stay when they visit South Beach. Please share this with the staff and when I come to South Beach again, I will be staying at the Hilton Bentley Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the King Suite with Ocean View
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale C

Thank you very much for your generous comments of the service received at the 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley. Our team certainly makes the difference. I very much appreciate you pointing out the key members of our team whom made your experience with the Hilton Bentley so impactful. I have proudly shared your comments with our entire hotel team. We certainly hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Bentley soon.

John Laclé, General Manager – Hilton Bentley