“Outstanding location and well managed”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #64 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel is in a great location--far enough from the crazy crowds North of 5th street but close enough that you can walk to Lincoln Road. This hotel is a converted condo. Rooms are nice size, with marble bathrooms and most have balconies. We have stayed here a couple of times and have always had excellent stays. It is well managed and the employees do care about ensuring you have a good stay. Everyone let us know their names and to let them know if we needed any help.The rooms are kept very clean. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Hello,

Thank you kindly for sharing. It is rewarding to receive your feedback. I have shared your generous comments with the team.

Thank you, John Laclé – Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The staff, the accomodations, the roomand the location were all superior. My visit started with a very attentive valet who quickly assisted me with my bags and my car. Then i proceeded into the lobby to be greeted by a very welcoming front desk who was very informative. The room was spectacular. Loved everything about it. I could live int is place. Housekeeping was very accomodating to me, who slept in late everyday. The view from the room included a "peek-a-boo view" of the ocean and the cityscape. The best of both worlds. I will definitely be returning. Kudos to the staff and management.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I’m a Hilton Gold Member and stay in Hiltons all the time. I have come to expect a certain level of quality, even though that varies from property to property. The Hilton Bentley in South beach, given their website and prices held high hopes. But alas, this one was disappointing. The room was drab, the hallways were downright depressing, the pool was small, the beach club was expensive, the restaurant service was terrible, but many of the staff were lovely

As a Gold member, I emailed the hotel manager to request an upgrade. I did not receive a reply so I wrote again and the revenue manager wrote back and gave me a studio ocean view upgrade, which basically was the same room type with a view of the ocean. Checkin was easy and the front desk clerk couldn’t have been more pleasant. Things went downhill from there.

I had to walk outside, through the parking entrance, and into the second or west building. The corridor looked like a really dated condo in Myrtle Beach, complete with terrible atmosphere and cracking paint. We took the very poorly maintained elevator (complete with cracking paint, terribly in need of a redo) to the tenth floor and entered another drab hallway. I thought I had checked into a really depressing Best Western. Our room key didn’t work, but the bellman got us into the room and then told us we’d have to go down and get another key. Why he didn’t offer that service for us I don’t understand. The room looked like a condo room at a second rate resort, with tile floors, a king sized bed, a nice bath with shower only, and a nice balcony with a great view of the ocean. The other building was in the middle of the view, but to the sides the ocean was in plain sight. The balcony had only one lounger, even though two people would generally stay in the room. I asked for a second lounger but they were sold out and had none available. The room is terribly dated, drab in every way, but has a very comfortable bed, a kitchenette, flat screen TV and the great balcony. The internet worked well.

The biggest drawback of the room was the A/C. It was cool enough, but the return unit was as loud as a jet engine. I had to use earplugs to sleep. They came up to look at it, but the maintenance guy said it was normal. I expect this in a Days Inn, not a $300 / night Hilton. It was unbelievably irritating. The room was drab and really depressing. I stayed in the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina the night before and it was so much nicer.

We went down to a snack in the bar/restaurant. They had a happy hour with $5 drinks and tapas. Even though there were very comfy tables outside, we were told we had to eat in the bar and then we could carry out food and drink outside by ourselves. This was pretty surprising giving this is supposedly a four star hotel. They brought the wrong drinks but quickly replaced them with our mojitos, then they brought our food. One was wrong, and the other was burnt. So they returned the to the kitchen and in a few minutes brought out the correct order. We ordered a second drink, just one, and he brought two. They ended up giving us the extra drink for free. We carried our drinks and food outside by ourselves, never offered assistance by the waiter who was standing around doing nothing. We had to pay before we exited to the porch area. Tacky and second rate.

One the fourth floor, connecting the two buildings, is the spa, hot tubs and gym. The gym was very decent for a hotel, with free weights, about 5 machines and several aerobic machines. The hot tub area was nice, but in full view of many rooms. There is an overpriced spa that I didn’t use.

Parking is $35 per night, but there is a public lot across the street that costs about $27 per day. There are a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity but no gift shop, grocery shop or ice machine.

The pool is very small but acceptable, with lots of loungers and limited number of umbrellas. The beach club is not free, and costs $10 per chair, $10 for the umbrella and $20 for the covered cabana. They don’t make this clear in their pictures, which show the beach area, but neglect to mention the $30 cost for two to relax on the beach. Walgreen’s sells chairs for $8 and umbrellas for $10 if you want to save money.

This is NOT a luxury property by any means. It feels like a second rate timeshare condo with loud A/C, lousy restaurant service, mediocre pool and very out of the way location a half hour walk from everything. If you're going to spend $300 per night, there are much better options like the W South Beach, the Betsy Ross, the Tides and Loews.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Just had a stay at the Hilton Bentley South Beach over the Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is out of the way from the busy parts of South Beach, which helped avoid the crowd and the loud noises at night.
The corner room was very nice, with big windows and partial views of the beach.
I was surprised that this hotel did not have an Executive Lounge.
The hotel has the feel of a small boutique hotel. They have 2 computers in the lobby for people to use.
There is free WIFI for Golds and Diamonds.
The beach is very close, but they charge $10 for an umbrella and $10 for a chair, so at $30 for a couple, going to the beach can get expensive quick.
Breakfast downstairs was very good and they will even make you omelettes on request.
We did not have a car, but valet parking was $35/night and there is no self-parking option.
Overall it was a nice hotel, but I am not sure that I would rate it a Hilton Cat. 7. It would not even get close to some of the other Cat. 7 properties that Hilton offers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Bentley for business. As a Hilton Diamond (highest tier) member, I seldom get that spectacular of an upgrade, but The Bentley blew me away. I got an ocean front suite with a private patio. My entire suite was around 800 sq ft, with at least another 800 sq ft of private patio overlooking the ocean.

When I came back from dinner, I found a nicely written note and a bottle of Spanish red wine. As someone who travels nearly weekly, I can say this was the best experience I ever had with a Hilton property, and considering what my company paid for this room, it was absolutely spectacular. I will definitely stay here again! I assume I won't get quite the upgrade each time, but even if I got this once or twice a year, it'd be worth it.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but it is a D. Rodriguez restaurant, and I've eaten many times at his Washington Ave restaurant, and it's one of my favorites in town, so I assume the Bentley's is pretty solid!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank brianv
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is a great hotel and the service was excellent. I would like to thank Allesandro (front desk) and Eliana (pool) for providing excellent service and making my stay very nice. Unfortunately, unknown to me, Memorial Day weekend is Hip Hop Urban Fest Weekend. South Beach was a nightmare, nasty rude people, uncontrolled violence and drunkeness, and trash and garbage piled everywhere. There was even a shooting ten blocks away. Thank goodness this hotel was slightly south of ground zero for Urban Fest. I essentially took shelter at the hotel and spent the entire weekend at the pool. At night I ventured the three blocks to Joe's Stone Crab or Smith & Wollensky for dinner. An overreaction you say? Not really. I would recommend this hotel to someone who really had to go to Miami but in the future I will avoid Miami altogether.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was my first visit to Miami and the pictures per the Hilton Bentley looked amazing per their website! In person- the beach does not disappoint!

My main cause of disatisfaction is that per the Hilton's website, it states "Extra Adult: No Charge". However, when I went, the hotel said because it was a holiday weekend, I would be charged an extra $100 a night for the 3rd person in my luxury suite (which already cost $500 per night). The hotel needs to communicate a policy change that contradicts what their website says at the time of booking, PRIOR to when the guests arrive and it is too late.

However, I would like to note that the pool staff and beach staff were amazing- and the hotel food/drinks quite delicious!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends