“Great location on South Beach”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #62 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We arrived from NY, SHUTTLE DROPPED US OFF AT WRONG HOTEL, 7 block walk.. hot day, so nice start..

The Hilton is an impressive hotel, located right on the beach. The staff open doors for all people coming in, good when you are loaded up with bags. Very quick and helpful in getting your room.

Hotel will charge your card $100 per night as security..

We were taken to our room, one Bed room Suite ( large and very plush, marble floors) large bathroom and large fridge and kitchen.. I had booked for a one bedroom with ocean view.. I had contacted reception, they said would move us to another room, which had a leak, so we never managed to move rooms.

Not complaining about the actual room, it was very nice, but i had booked this hotel hoping for a ocean view, with balcony, we didnt even have that. All rooms which were free were a downgrade (to a studio room) . We ended up staying in a room, but i am sure they knew we were not impressed.

Its possibly 20 hours in flying to get to Miami, you want a ocean view room, not one which faces a building.. let alone something like a balcony.

The main strip of Ocean drive is a good 10 min walk up, plenty of activity.. restaurants, people driving past in their loud flash cars. Good people watching from the sidewalk.

The pool area is nice, bar and food service also available down on the beach from the Hilton. You can hire chairs and umbrellas.. $30 for my wife and I. Pretty relaxing with the thousands of other people..

When we checked out, the reception guy actually gave us wrong account and we paid someone elses room, stating we had one night left.

I had to call account services from Vegas to have this sorted , as the money hadnt been returned.. It took 4 days to return.. Not good when travelling .

All in all, it was a good place, very friendly staff, will do anything they can too help.. which they did.

Room Tip: Beware of Ocean view rooms, they might not be. !
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to meticulously comment on your experience with the beautiful AAA 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley. I am pleased you found our overall service, location, pool & beach club, and room quality to be superb.

Reviewers, please note the hotel collects a daily deposit for incidental charges as noted in the review, common to all high-end South Beach Hotels. Please also note, when booking at the Hilton Bentley, you may select from city views, partial ocean views, ocean views, and ocean front views.

John Laclé- Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I have been a diamond member with HIlton for many years and have to say that this hotel experience has been my worse. It was very disappointing (especially to be listed as a category 7 hotel). Just to name a few issues:
1. The website is very misleading. The accommodations are not what is portrayed in the hotel photos online. This includes the pool which is very small. The rooms are outdated and in need of renovations. There were dirty towels left in the hot tub/spa area for an entire day.
2. There is no gift shop or pantry available to guest.
3. There was a very small business center and of course printer was out of ink.
4. There was no ice machine readily available.
5. There were 3 phones in my suite but only the phone in the bathroom worked. You could only use the speaker phone on both phones in the room.
6. The valet guy was found to be in the lobby sleeping when we returned at 3am. There is no self parking at this hotel so you have to rely on the valet. We had to go in and alert the staff that we were standing outside waiting on assistance.

To top of the disastrous trip, my credit card was over charged for my stay. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Don't waste your money.......

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank boloaka
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Thank you very much for your genuine feedback of the beautiful AAA 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley.

Let me address some of the conerns:

Above all, we value our HHonors Gold & Diamond Members. In a matter of fact, we offer a number of services to our Gold & Diamond Members which exceed the requisite offered by most other Hilton Hotels, including complimentary champagne service at our Bentley Beach Club and complimentary Full American Breakfast in our restaurant (as opposed to continental breakfast).

Our website accurately portrays the hotel with up to date photography (taken July 2010). Please visit our website to collaborate. In addition to up to date photography, we offer 360 degree virtual tours of our suites, a live webcam, and a video of our Penthouse. We follow Hilton Worldwide’s strict photography guidelines in showcasing the true nature of our room products and hotel amenities.

The beautiful Hilton Bentley is a new (September 2007) high-end all-suite boutique hotel on South Beach's world famous Ocean Drive.

John Laclé – Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Super nice & friendly staff. Nice hotel that sits right on the beach! Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: request ocean view or high floor for city view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2011

After reading all the mixed reviews on trip advisor, I have to admit I had mixed feelings about staying at this hotel. I made my final decision to make a reservation based on my friends opinion who had stayed there numerous times and didn't have a single bad thing to say - and I'm glad I did so because the hotel, the entire staff, the concierge, absolutely everything was absolutely wonderful! The rooms themselves were very neat and clean, as were the bathrooms and shower cabinets. Room service was very quick and very helpful in advising what to order when my friend couldn't decide on what she wanted :-) The only drawback I would say is the price. Yes, I was very pleased with my stay at the Hilton Bentley and everything it had to offer but it is defintely a place where I, personally, am able to stay only a couple of days. Nonetheless, I don't regret choosing this hotel and should I plan to visit South Beach again, I would without a doubt save up and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2011

As a HHonors Diamond member, the Hilton was a natural choice to stay in SoBe. I had plenty of points to burn, and I must say I am glad I did not pay an actual 600+ $ per night. While the location is nice, the beach access and beach itself are great and the rooms are spacious and nicely furbished, there's no "grand" feeling you would expect for that price. The lobby is relatively small, our room in the West tower was not directly accessible, but we had to walk out to the street to another entrance. While in good condition, the doors, hallways, etc. looked a bit old and run down.
Main critiques:
- the shower has pressure issues and took FOREVER to get warm water (the second day I watched the time and it was ca. 4.5minutes; if you shower in the busy morning times, you feel the pressure changing when other guests turn on/off their shower; we were on the 10th/top-floor, so the water pump may have been to weak. For me that's unacceptable in a property like this, especially with a $600+ pricetag.
- As mentioned in other reviews, the shower door leaks and results in a very wet bathroom floor.
- Finger/Face and other prints on the windows from probably previous guests always gives a bit of a "dirty" feel to a room, as do traces of sand from probably previous guests. It wasn't badbad, but could've easily been removed by a careful maid.
- TV in bedroom didn't work
- The room keys stopped working EVERY DAY; we got one each and we stored them in different locations, so demagnetization cannot be the issue. It's not nice when you come home late night and went up to the 10th floor just to have to go down again (and to another building) to get a new room key.

Main plus: Service is nice, friendly and professional.

Overall I'd recommend this for staying with award points, but I don't see the value for money. It's an ok or even good property, but for that price you'd expect something more than the average Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JanGerber
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Be careful when you book "a full ocean view" at this hotel because in hotel-speak this includes a room like the one they gave me. My room looked mainly onto the inhabitants of another building in the hotel complex. Since I had specifically asked the reservationist for a room that looked directly out on the ocean - and this was my main criteria for booking a hotel on the beach - I felt I had been lied to. When I asked to be transferred to a room that actually did look out on the ocean with no obstructions they actually told me that I had no grounds for complaints since they had recently done "an audit" and the audit had showed that the room they gave me was indeed a "full ocean view" room even though most of what I saw was this other building. So I asked the clerk who had done this audit . Hadn't they noticed the building right in front of my room? She replied with a straight face that a recent audit had validated that my room had a "full ocean view." I asked who had done the audit and they said - with a straight face - that the owners of the hotel had done the audit.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank ronaldfairbairn
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewers, the Leadership Team had meticulously reviewed the accuracy of each room’s description and view, erring on the side of caution. Please note the AAA 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley Hotel does have ocean front views at a premium (full ocean views), ocean views, partial ocean views, and city views. There is a building on the north side of the hotel whereby most views facing north are categorized as “city view.”

Best Regards,
John Lacle – Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Reviewed April 11, 2011

If you eat in room or at the restaurant in the hotel its the same price.
My expectation based on the location was that the service would be sub par.
I was wrong the service was exceptional. Paying 37 dollars for valet was a bit much but i had no issues with it every time i called for my car and came down it was there waiting . Deltricka at he front desk was simply Amazing. She gave great advise about where to go shopping, but she really made me fell like a diamond. taking care of the little things before they became an issue. I was very impressed with her customer service.

Room Tip: Status means something here.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple