“fresh food and beautiful decor”
Review of Estiatorio Milos

Estiatorio Milos
Ranked #90 of 1,291 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: It was in December 1979, when Chef-Owner Mr. Costas Spiliadis opened the first Estiatorio Milos on Park Avenue, Montreal. The reason seemed obvious to him: the need to elevate the sophistication of Greek cuisine abroad far away from its stereotyped forklorization. 'I wanted to change what people thought about Greek cuisine, make sure it's being appreciated and awarded with its rightful place on an international level!' As a small restaurant, Milos gained the trust of the Montrealers in no time. The menu being always simple and impeccably fresh, drew the attention of the media and food critics from around the world. NY Post has stated in triumph that 'Milos fish could only be fresher if it swam to your plate!' What was the secret that made Milos stand out? Its focus in finding the purest Mediterranean products and cooking with the freshest ingredients. Through 35 years of intensive research, we have managed to build lasting relationships with growers and small-scale fisheries at the shores of Greece, Cyprus, Morocco, Tunisia, Portugal etc., Flying in our fish and seafood daily by plane! Milos has since then taken the world by storm and opened in 1997 in NYC, in 2004 in Athens, in 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas, in 2012 in Miami Beach and in 2015 in London!
Reviewed November 27, 2017

In Milos the ingredients are the star of the place, although you can find meats there, their focus is on seafood, which is in sight of all and you can select yourself to be cooked at the moment. The atmosphere is lively and busy, ideal for sharing with friends or for a romantic dinner. Milos has several restaurants in the world, including New York, London, Canada and Greece among others. They have lunch and dinner with a menu run at very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Sorry Milos - you guys are going downhill...the service makes you feel like you're in a fast food joint and the waiter pushes things with no finesse or grace about it...I liked this place for the good relaxed service and ambience but something has changed. It's not warm (quite literally freezing) and it's become a place to be seen rather than just enjoying your meal and having a nice evening out.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Really amazing sitting at the bar or at a table. Place, service, food (from entrance to dessert) and wine were great.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 20, 2017

With some of the reviews, I thought I might have a life changing meal. I didn't. Came for lunch. Started with the hostess, Leidy, very nice and the ambiance - also very nice. Felt comfortable and light. Ate at the bar and service at the bar was so-so as the bartender was handling the service bar, as well. I didn't like that when they brought the bread and I asked for some butter (they bring olive oil), the waiter said "We don't have butter." What I don't like is (a) that he didn't simply say, "right away", and (b) that he thought I am that stupid to think that a restaurant kitchen would have no butter. (If they don't, I apologize, but it seems highly unlikely). I ordered the salmon. It was good; though I've had better in Miami. It was served with cold beans (had they been warm, I might have asked and sent them back to be hot, but since they were actually cold, I figured it was intentional). Odd combination... didn't much care for it. I would come back happily if someone else wanted to go. I just didn't find it to be "the best seafood in Miami" as some reviewers have written.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

My girlfriend and i live in south beach and have always wanted to try Milos. We came here for Miami Spice. The baklava dessert was the best part and was beyond amazing. The service here was one of the best i've had on the beach. I was alittle disappointed with my veggie Entree - it was 1 grilled pepper, a few slices of eggplant, few slices of zucchini, and alittle slice of grilling cheese. Not very filling or tasty. She enjoyed her fish. Loved the atmosphere here as well.