“Anniversary Trip to Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Victor
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1144 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139-4609   |
Ranked #87 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Austin, Texas
“Anniversary Trip to Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The Victor hotel is so beautiful. What you see in the professional pics is actually what you get. We chose this hotel because of it's ratings and reviews and we're so glad we did. You are in the middle of all action in South Beach and a few steps away from the beach. The people who work there are so nice. Big thanks to Dominique at the Sugar Factory for her wonderful service. We stayed on the 7th floor where we had an amazing view of the pool and ocean. Our anniversary trip was amazing. The ONLY thing that caught us off gaurd was the $100 a night incidental charges. It was refunded to us at checkout. Other than that we will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrstiffrogers
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. It was great having you here with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

If i can rate this hotel a 10 i would....it was the best experience ever....everyone is so very pleasant. i advised my husband that next year we will be staying here again....bungalow suite was so awesome....my kids and grandchildren loved it!!!!

Room Tip: Bungalow suite the best.....but any room would do....great staff and concierge
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for such kind review, it is great to know that we exceeded your expectations. It was wonderful having you here with us, we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary; after viewing several hotels on Travelocity in the Miami area we selected Hotel Victor. We were both happy with our choice, the staff was extremely welcoming and very accommodating, especially Cree the Hotel Manager who gave us personal attention. I can't forget Iala who was also very nice. Our room was simply beautiful, clean, spacious and comfortable. The free bike rentals (for 2 hours) was a really nice addition to our stay. The pool and spa (extra fee) was relaxing, breakfast was good for us. My cousin and his wife came to visit and called the hotel "Sexy".
It was a great experience and we are looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Arrive early for the best rooms, we had a great balcony room over looking the pool with an awesome v...
      Cleanliness
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your special occasion. I am glad that are associates were able to make this occasion a memorable one for you. We hope to see you next year, on your 11th year anniversary.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel feels tired; in particular the breakfast/bar area is actually rather depressing which is not helped by the very dull, repetitive breakfast. Although the associated cost is minimal I recommend you opt for ‘room only’ and enjoy breakfast elsewhere. More importantly, those familiar with ‘luxury hotels’ across Asia or Europe should not expect the same standards or experiences, ultimately this hotel equates to 3 maybe 4 stars at best. By way of an example:
1- Our bungalow (room 211) had numerous defects, like the sliding patio doors that didn’t slide at all well and more importantly didn’t lock. I hasten to add the latter was reported on day one and quickly fixed.
2- The sliding doors to the bathroom constantly fell-out of their runners.
3- Our mini-bar contained half finished bottles and cans; it clearly hadn’t been checked or restocked when the previous occupants left.
4- Despite asking twice, the mini-bar was never replenished during our stay
5- The rooms air-con was not adequate and noisy
6- The complementary bottled water was never replenished
7- The room was not clean when we arrived and never really cleaned properly each day, this was reported but to no avail
8- We had to ‘secure’ our allocated outside ‘daybeds’ on a daily basis
9- When we did manage to sleep we were woken daily at 8am ish to the music played around the pool,
10- Overall the hotel is incredibly noisy, not helped by the constant hum of the industrial air-con unit located on the hotels roof
11- While the hotel has a ‘zero’ noise policy after 10pm, they do not appear to ‘police’ this, we were often woken by other guest enjoying themselves outside (on their balconies or by the pool) in the early hours of the morning i.e. 3 and 4am.
12- Each bungalow on the 2nd floor has it’s own outside shower located on the individual patio area, there are also communal showers. Three times I had to tell people to stop using our shower, apparently they’d been directed to use any of the showers by the older of the two pool guards. I’m not normally bothered by such things, but imagine others working into your garden and taking a shower immediately outside your bedroom window when you’re lying in bed. Zero privacy.

In conclusion, the hotels location is superb to enjoy the strip and the beach. It offers nice touches like the free bike hire, excellent wifi and free international calls to landlines. But we personally felt it failed to offer a ‘luxury’ experience due in the most part to the noise and the missing attention to detail that differentiates ‘luxury ‘ from the norm.

Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank TUC10
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review, your feedback and observations is extremely important to us. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered while here with us. I have shared your review with the appropriate department, as this will help us to improve on our shortcomings.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went away for a girls weekend and had a fantastic time! The staff was great and very accommodating. Sandy, the bartender at the pool, Cree, the hotel manager, Iala, a front desk agent, and David, a bellman, were only a few of the employees that made our trip the vacation it was. We stayed in a pool side room and spent a majority of our trip on the pool deck. Such a great trip and fantastic memories!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank BeachEscapes2014
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for visiting with us and taking the time to write a review. It is great to know that our associates took such great care of you. I will be sure to share your kind comments with them. We are looking forward to your return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

As I walk into this is beautiful South Beach Miami hotel I was embraced by a beautiful smell of Tom Ford perfume and a nice front desk clerk by the name of Cree (I believe she was the manager but she was so nice and welcoming ) . The hotel is beautifully decorated equipped with MacBooks for any web searching needs they have a spa valet parking they even have bicycles to barrow and right across the lobby is the sugar factory where you eat a complementary breakfast. My room was located on the second floor the bungalow suite. It was one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've ever come across in the US. The king size bed made me melt. The sliding doors opened up right to the pool where we lounged in our cabana. The pool guy was super pleasant and soooo helpful the whole staff for that matter. This hotel was amazing and I have already recommended it for any people who plan on visiting south beach anytime soon
Thanks to Cree
Iyala and Marcelios

xoxo Kelty from Queens

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
It was wonderful having you here with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and all the great amenities that we offer, especially our amazing! associates. Thank you for recommending others and we are looking forward to your return!
Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have never written a review like this one, but when something is not fair it has to be said.
I have booked 2 rooms for 1 night through Hotels.com and it was mentioned the payment was only due at check-out. To my surprise a guarantee of 2x 1 night was charged on my credit card. After some time, I unfortunately had to cancel my reservation. My guarantee was never refunded, Hotels.com told me the hotel had made the refund but it was not true. I have sent a document from my bank telling I did not receive any amount from the hotel and then I never got a reply back. This is a scam, unacceptable.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Melanie24
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Please accept my apology for your inconvenience. After following-up on your issue, I have found that you pre-paid your booking with Hotels.com. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with Hotel Victor. Hotels.com cancellation policy differs from Hotel Victor’s I am sure. We require one night room and tax at the time of booking, should you wish to cancel you are given 72 hours prior to arrival to do so. Once you are within that cancellation window, you will be refunded that one night; this information can be found on your confirmation.