The Standard, Miami
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$263
$230
Priceline
1,953 results
All reviewsfire pitlido restaurantspa hotelcold plungeunderwater musicsunrise yogasteam roomsouth beachjuice baramazing spainfinity poolbiscayne bayoutdoor restaurantfavorite hotelgreat poolpool siderooms are small
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Okay I love Miami and South Beach but the Standard gives you the best of both worlds. It's like a sanctuary from the craziness and crowds of South Beach....but SOBE is just a five minute walk away and downtown is an easy five minute drive. This was the first time I'd actually stayed at this hotel (even though it had been recommended to me many times). It will definitely not be my last.

I love the garden setting. I had one of the least expensive garden-level rooms and it was fabulous. It's a little on the small side but so are most of the historic hotels in Miami. And I had a great little patio with my two chairs and a wrap around curtain for privacy. The gardens are lovely -- lots of hidden areas and cool places to sit -- and the huge pool is gorgeous, right on Biscayne Bay. Most of the Miami Beach hotel pools are set back from the beach and have no view but this pool has an amazing view. I had just stayed at an expensive high-rise hotel on the beach and the pool was claustrophobic and the house music never stopped pumping. This was the opposite but it was still a Miami experience-- beautiful people, great style, fabulous amenities.

I participated in a yoga class and got the Sonic massage and a facial in the spa but didn't have enough time to enjoy the various amenities of the spa beyond that. I will definitely leave time for that next visit. Also next visit will be a meal at the Lido restaurant which has that same Biscayne Bay view. Gorgeous.

The staff were all wonderful from the valet to the front desk to the bellman who took time to give me a tour of the property. The spa staff were also amazing. I never got that feeling, like I sometimes get in other hotel spas, that they don't really care about giving you good service, they'll never see you again anyway. Everyone at the Standard spa treated me like I was a regular longterm client.

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Come here for a completely magical Miami experience.

Room Tip: I loved the garden level rooms with the small outdoor patio. Don't miss the sunrise yoga!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just returned from my 2nd stay at the Standard Hotel in Miami Beach
The hotel, the staff and the location makes you feel like you are on an amazing retreat, its a true vacation. The hotel itself is very clean, the common areas are wonderful, pool is super relaxing, outside bar very laid back chic, and the staff is so sweet and accommodating
especially Alex at the front desk. We first met Alex when he brought our bags to the room and he had such a warm smile. Then we met him down in the lobby many times after that and he was very nice and also very helpful. He gave us some wonderful tips.
also, Crispy was very helpful before i even checked in. We emailed back and forth a couple of times. We are planning another trip to Miami in September and will sure book the Standard for our stay. Our only complaint if i must give one is the restaurant. We really wish the menu had more options (for dinner).
We were here from June 12 to the 16, 2014

Room Tip: dont stay on the walkway to the pool -- too much action try to stay upstairs (2nd floor)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the Standard this past week with a friend. The staff could not have been friendlier and more accommodating throughout our stay, including letting us use the pool and spa area/locker room after check out due to our evening flight departure. The amenities of the hotel including the pool, spa, fitness center and steam room were impressive and had a very relaxing vibe. My only complaint is the price of the juice shop - $14 for a small green juice, eek! Either way, will definitely be staying at the Standard Miami for all future trips down to Miami Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Can't wait to go back. 1st time in Miami and so glad I choose the Standard to stay at. This was one of the best experience at a spa I have ever been to. Only negative was the traffic of the stay coming in and out of the haman constantly. Love the DIY concept. The haman is amazing and is a must do. Pool is great to hang out and cool off. The entire staff is very friendly and works very hard to make sure all guest are taken care of. I would recommend the Standard to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came across The Standard by accident whilst staying in another (very expensive) hotel on Ocean Drive, South Beach for a week's escape from UK rain last month. We had seen the hotel on the always reliable Mr & Mrs Smith website but discounted it because it wasn't on the beach. However, having visited for lunch on the first day of the trip, we soon realised that the location was in fact perfect, close to the Lincoln Road shops and the beach, but well away from the noise of Collins/Ocean Drive. Combined with the stunning waterfront pool, bar and restaurant, extensive spa facilities and very competitive prices compared with other Miami Beach hotels, we decided to abandon our original booking and check into the Standard for the rest of the holiday. This turned out to be a great decision !!

The Standard is not your typical luxury hotel. It has the feel of a 1960s Caribbean country club, with motel-style rooms around a tropical garden that leads to the waterside pool, bar and restaurant. Prior comments around poor service completely miss what the Standard is all about. From the fantastic reception staff (special mention for Alex and Taryn) to all the guys/girls working in the bar/restaurant and spa, the team is a diverse mix of characters, but all very cool, friendly and genuinely helpful. This really adds to the relaxed ambience that makes the Standard such a unique place to stay.

Rooms are quirky but spacious and well equipped. Our "bath terrace large" room was 2x the size of rooms we have stayed in at the deco hotels on Collins with a large bathroom and private patio. Bed very comfortable and well stocked mini bar. The Lido restaurant is also a highlight. Having pre-booked tables at the famous/most fashionable Miami Beach restaurants for the duration of the trip, we abandoned these in favour of relaxing by the water with a bottle of wine at the Lido. Menu is not extensive but a good range of healthy seafood with daily specials, well priced wine list and great service. There is also a juice bar/coffee shop in the garden that does a nice range of freshly squeezed juices, light breakfasts/lunches and proper espresso. The other thing to mention is the Spa, which offers a wide range of treatments as well as daily yoga and other classes, as well as sauna/steam etc. Perfect way to end a day by the pool.

In conclusion, the Standard is not for everybody, if you like to stay at the Ritz Carlton this probably isn't for you. However, if you like something less corporate, with a very laid back/relaxing vibe, great service and food I cant think of a better hotel in the US. No coincidence that the proprietor also owns the Chiltern Firehouse - probably the most fashionable hotel in London right now.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple