“The Standard Miami”

The Standard, Miami
Ranked #10 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My friends were kind enough to take me to Miami for my birthday. I wasn't sure what to expect since I usually stay on South Beach when I go to Miami. The Standard was lovely. The spa, the food, the pool and the staff were great. Sometimes at a high end hotel, the staff can leave a lot to be desired. Not here. They were very friendly and helpful. We spent most of our time at the pool and saw a few shift changes. Everyone was great. A special shout out to Marcello and Anthony who went above and beyond and helped make any birthday weekend even better. Nice guys.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was here on a company retreat and had the BEST time. I stayed in room 70 - the Garden room and it was so beautiful and comfy! I just love the style of the hotel. I loved eating on the water and having the pool and the bay at the same time. The food and drinks we amazing as well. I also had a massage while there and it was just perfect. I highly recommend this hotel- it's just the right amount of everything- and the staff is beyond helpful and friendly- I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

It's the only hotel I'll stay in in MIA - albeit I have to say it's expensive for what it is. The rooms could definitely do with a facelift, as they're starting to look a little "tired". The service is super (except in high season, when it can be frustratingly slow, which was unfortunately my experience this visit), the vibe is very mellow and holistic, and the spa is excellent. I stay for the atmosphere and amenities, including the view, and cannot fault the Standard in those capacities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've been at the standard just for lunch and I had a great time. The hotel is not so crowded, very cool concerning design and people are very nice. The price was fair for Miami Beach standards. Delicious hamburgers with fries, beverages and a coffee ( for overall 2 people ) 50 dollars. The view is amazing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlainCon
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear AlainCon,
Thank you for your recent visit! We appreciate your feedback and would love to have you back very soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

and the worst is the valet parking, better to rent a new car then to wait for their Service,
not friendly, and takews half hour to one hour until you get your car

the bar outside is ok, but not really good,

Room Tip: take another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank misterxm

Dear misterxm,
I am very disappointed to hear of your recent experience during your visit. We take all reviews seriously and will make sure that your concerns are addressed internally. We do look forward to welcoming you back and turning your experience around!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have stayed at The Standard 6 times in the past 4 years, so clearly have enjoyed certain qualities very much. The vibe is hard to explain but is somewhere at the intersection of a mid century clean but very simple youth hostel and a tropical spa retreat. The property is wonderfully situated, with a fair size pool overlooking the beautiful bay, and a short walk to South Beach. The Lido restaurant is fantastic and one of my Miami favorites. In a lot of ways it's a slam dunk but here's where the mixed thoughts come in...

In terms of value~ it's a great hotel when the seasonal rate is $200+/-/night, but in the peak season it feels overcrowded, the service seems to suffer and for $500~$600 it is WILDLY overpriced. For $200/night you can overlook issues such as sinkholes in the bathroom tile floor, hot water issues and paper thin walls. (On one trip I could hear the person next door sneezing and coughing all night then zipping their suitcase at 6:00 a.m.) For $600 on the other hand these deficiencies are completely unacceptable and frankly there are far better Miami choices at that rate.

On our most recent we sensed that the service and condition of the property had slipped. The once attentive and friendly staff seemed to have been replaced with impersonal service and a touch of attitude. Instead of our usual room preference we were put in a smaller room in a less desirable part of the building.

One experience that has been consistent is that there have always been discrepancies in our bill at checkout. Even charges that surface weeks after our stay. Mysterious charges for meals that were never eaten, yoga classes that were never taken, mini bar treats that were never consumed, kayaks that were never used. Maybe very sloppy accounting practices? But without fail the billing errors have always been in the hotel's favor. After our recent trip it took several weeks and many phone calls to finally resolve the confusion. It was a huge hassle to say the very least.

I have recommended The Standard to many friends over the past few years but sadly it has slipped from the top of my favorites list. We will think long and hard next time we plan a Miami trip...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank capuferg

Dear capuferg,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach. We are happy to hear you enjoy the property and facilities. I am disappointed when I hear a valued guest has such mixed feelings on their multiple visits. We truly value your feedback and loyalty and would love to make it right during your next visit. Please email me directly at isegal@standardhotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Staying for the fist time after quickly checking out the hotel last month. Wonderful property, beautiful views and great food. Planning our wedding with Kylene and she treated us like old friends and is a pleasure to work with.

• Stayed: March 2014