My wife and I stayed at the Standard Lido Spa in August for the first time. As an art consultant, I am always sensitive to the design and details of rooms and general areas. The effort put into preserving the original design of the hotel was incredible. Capturing and maintaining the integrity of the hotel's original design was obviously the intention. At every turn throughout the hotel, I was smiling at the thoughtful attention given to the period details. It's a time travel experience back to the heyday of Miami Beach. When we used the spa, I thought I was in a 1960's Bond movie. This was originally a spa retreat so while the rooms are not large rooms, they are designed well, utilizing the space creatively. This hotel is more about the outside and the spa. The rooms evoked the feeling of being at an exotic island. The grounds were lush and romantic, the pool is just incredible and feels like it seamlessly blends into the bay. The staff was professional and attentive, especially Jorge who is the restaurant manager. We were extremely pleased to discover the focus on healthy, organic and non processed offerings which made up the menu. My wife is a strict Vegan and Nutritional Counselor. Finding a restaurant in Miami that offers good vegan dishes is a challenge. The Lido Restaurant recognizes this and blesses vegans with a delicious living lasagna. We enjoyed the food so much that we returned to the restaurant a couple of days ago during Art Basel. Jorge remembered us and greeted us warmly. He remembered our vegan preference and sent us an incredible fresh vegetable sushi roll with a peanut dipping sauce. The wait staff exhibits the influence of a good manager. This oasis on the bay is now our number one hotel choice in Miami, away from all the crowds but still in South Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach