The Standard is a fifty fifty for me. Reasons I would go back: 1) The service of Alex and Jose as well as the concierge and pool staff. Shane, Joe, and Gerrardo are outstanding in food and beverage. 2) The spa services are wonderful, and the atmosphere is so relaxing. 3) Konstantina was a remarkable and energetic fitness teacher as was Philip. 4) The pool and the view from the Lido restaurant. Reasons I wouldn't go back: 1) Other than the servers I mentioned, the food service was a disaster. Long waits for attention and grumpy faces. One server looked like he was doing me a favour, and proceeded to read the newspaper as I tried in vain to get coffee. I actually had to get up and chase my server down! An hour for toast and coffee? 2) The rooms are not as large and glamourous as shown. Not a biggie for me, but some would take issue. 3) No free coffee or tea in rooms, and cafe was very expensive. 4) Walls are paper thin. 5) Toilet didn't flush properly and no bath tub (shower only). 6) Some of the other fitness teachers were questionable. One showed up in tattered clothes (one of the holes was on the rear of his pants... not what I wanted to see) and he picked at his feet with a look off indifference while he gave out instruction. Another made fun of me because I wasn't flexible enough to do the poses with full range. Some clearly had not been properly trained to teach what they were teaching. (I speak as a certified instructor with over 15 years background) 7) The most important one... when you put a privacy tag on your door and you call down and ask for privacy, you expect to get it. I was extremely offended when engineering entered my room when I specifically said they did not have permission. I made it very clear that I didn't wish to have them in my room, and came back to find not only had they entered, but they had been in my washroom where all my personal items were laying out. As a single woman travelling, that makes me very uneasy. When I called to complain, they apologized, but didn't really seem sympathetic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach