We stayed at The Standard over 4th of July weekend and actually extended our vacation there because we loved it so much. The property is beautiful, lots of tropical plants and flowers, great common space for breakfast and just lounging in the green and shade; the pool is big and has a fantastic view and scene day and night. There is also a hot waterfall and an artic plunge. Poolside drinks and food are served all day-long and the quality is very good (I am a picky eater and the food was always delicious). Even if it was a busy wekeend it never felt overwhelming and we were able to relax, swim and sunbathe undisturbed. The spa is gorgeous, the staff helpful and easy-going, very laid-back and the hotel is close enough to walk to South Beach but far enough so it feels far from the main "South Beach drag" and more like you are on a tropical island.
our room was large enough and so was the bathroom - the closet was huge and they have free DVD rental, so if you don't feel like going out and watch a cool movie you can do that. We felt like we were in this hip, beautiful home, we couldn't have asked for more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach