My wife surprised me with an afternoon "break" at this hotel, as part of our anniversary. She booked the couples massage, along with a very nice and refreshing lunch in the patio overlooking Biscayne Bay.
This very hip hotel is located in the Venetian Causeway, closer to the Miami Beach side.
I have been living in Miami for over 30 years, and had no idea this place existed. The view for lunch is great and relaxing. The lunch was very good, and priced about right for a SoBe fare, which is to say, pricey.
We had a dozen oysters, all fresh and tasty. We also shared the burrata salad which was also very good. She had a branzino filet (everyone is doing branzino nowadays!) well grilled and flavored. I had the Nicoise salad. All very good and fresh.
We did not have much time to experience the entire Spa accommodations but our massage was exceptional and super relaxing. The Spa pricing is comparable to the other Spas we have tried.
Everyone was very courteous and we were in and out seamlessly. The only "negative" is that I would have expected for the Valet service to be included given the amount of money we spent in their Spa and lunch. We were there for only a few hours, yet we paid $13.00, after their $3 validation. The Valet service is "hourly" with a minimum of $10.00 for the first 2 hours.
My suggestion to management, is to comp the Valet, if someone is using your Spa services.
In summary,I think this is a great option for any couple in town, to consider this venue for a day getaway, especially for a nice clear winter or spring day to to enjoy a good lunch with a nice view and/or if you will, a relaxing massage.
I will return for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach