A girlfriend and I (early 20's) booked our stay at the Standard because we had heard amazing things about the spa and photos of the pool online had us sold! We absolutely loved the chilled out laid back environment The Standard Miami had to offer. It felt like we had died and gone to heaven for 5 days. Yes, the rooms are small and simply decorated, but the bed was super comfortable and with the gorgeous, lush grounds and spa just steps away, we really only used the bedroom for sleeping. We started every morning sampling the delicious breakfast menu poolside and lounged and sunbathed for most of the afternoon. The pool staff were super friendly and attentive and very personable. After lazing around all day we would wander into the spa and just melt away on the heated marble in the hammam and in the steam room and sauna. Fresh towels were always available and the coed/casual environment was a nice change from the stuffier spas we have back home. We both had the the KISS treatment (massage + turkish bath) and thoroughly enjoyed this experience. My therapist in particular was excellent, maintaining the pressure I required and checking in to ensure that my comfort, music, temperature were to my liking. It was really hard to peel my body off the marble at the end of the treatment, my body just buzzed with pure bliss. In the evenings, on our way out to check the nightlife South Beach had to offer, the staff in the lobby gave very thoughtful recommendations and even went out of their way to hook us up with promoters working at the venues we were planning on visiting! We were blown away and really appreciated the personal attention we received. We are so happy with our experience at The Standard and can't wait to plan our trip back next year, we miss spending all day in our white Standard robes already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach