The Standard, Miami
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
$246
$198
  • Pool
Albion South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
$229
  • Restaurant
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$195
Official Hotel
$189
$279
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$499
$296
Travelocity
$292
$273
1,916 results
All reviewsfire pitlido restaurantspa hotelcold plungeunderwater musicsunrise yogasteam roomsouth beachjuice baramazing spainfinity poolbiscayne bayoutdoor restaurantfavorite hotelgreat poolpool siderooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked this hotel through Booking.com and had reviewed the hotel's website also. We were extremely disappointed having driven 5 hours to find that the room provided was not which we booked. Some very clever photography had mis sold the same. On arrival our room was not ready and we were advised that as a gesture of good will, we would be upgraded, yet were not. We had paid over £300 for a 2 night stay in a large bath suite with private terrace, bath tub overlooking the water and garden views. Instead, the private terrace was like sitting in a hospital cubicle and our garden view was in fact a bush. We requested a change of room but were refused and management was extremely defensive. HOWEVER, despite this mishap, the beauty of the hotel itself, spa area and outdoor infinity pool and relaxing sitting areas more than compensated. We very much enjoyed the same along with the scenery, shops and night life. It's not as relaxing an environment as Orlando and Tampa Bay however. Be careful with 'deals' in bars and restaurants who tend to overcharge and not advertise deals very well, catching you out. Miami is very expensive compared to Orlando and Treasure Island Tampa Bay and it is also very difficult to park if you are driving. It cost us £50 in UK money for 2 nights as the hotel cannot accommodate and it works on a valet scheme. The food and luxury items are also very expensive at this hotel, a bottle of water costing £5.00. The shops outside of the hotel on the main street however are very cheap and a short ten minute walk over the bridge. Nexxt restaurant is highly recommended and a French cafe for breakfast on Purdy street just near the bridge. A disappointing start, but a beautiful place. Miami is as glamorous as it sounds! :)

2  Thank KimY81
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My experience at the hotel started very poorly. We booked the hotel through Magellan Vacations, and were told this included a complimentary upgrade and so we would be staying in "The Bath Extra Large" room. When we arrived past 4:00 pm (4:00pm is check-in time), not only were we told we would NOT be getting the upgrade, we also were told our "Bath Terrace Large" room was not ready. Of course we were offered complimentary drinks at the restaurant, after I say an hour of waiting we returned to the lobby to find that our room was still NOT ready. Finally we got to our room at approximately 6:00 pm. However, the Hotel did grant us $50 off our first night for the inconvenience.

The days following were ok. But let me tell you this hotel is extremely over priced. All the food and drinks are absurdly expensive, and everything includes a 18% gratuity charge. At the Lido Restaurant, you are offered things with your meal and are never told they are not included in the price. For instance, I ordered a $17 hamburger and was told would you like fries or tater tots with that? When I got the bill I was charged an extra $7 for the fries. So in total I spent $24 dollars for a below standards hamburger. The same thing happened to my boyfriend who ordered a $17 tuna tartar and was asked if he would like avocado with that, he of course said yes. When the bill came it was an extra $6 for the sliced avocado. All in all all the food and drinks are not good quality and are VERY expensive. The best and tastiest food is the one served for breakfast but that too is VERY expensive. However, I don't mind spending money when it is good quality and taste.

When it came time to check out, it was pouring!! I am a Miami local so I am familiar with the extreme weather, and I know it is not the hotel's fault. However, leaving the hotel was chaos, the valet took forever to bring our car.

Overall the service in the hotel is very poor. The best thing about this hotel is the Spa, and I was fortunate enough to have a good experiences there. I had a great massage with a fabulous masseuse: Jacky. I have no complaints about the service and massage she gave me. However the service within the spa is really not that great.

And to put the cherry on top. We just saw we were charged an extra $80. We called the hotel to find out what had happened and we were told it was for a bottle of wine we had from the mini-bar. A bottle of wine that never existed, because we NEVER had it. Unbelievable how unorganized this hotel is.

Overall The Standard is overpriced for what they offer in terms of service & quality.

1  Thank ginil86
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Standard Miami Beach is the only hotel I will stay at when traveling to Miami Beach (if it is not completely booked.) I stayed there with my boyfriend recently, and it was his first time staying at The Standard. He was in awe of the beautiful grounds and gardens. He went back to New York feeling completely refreshed and stated it was the best vacation he ever had. The second you walk through the gardens you feel the aura of relaxation and you sigh away your worries. There is something magical in the air at The Standard, so magical you may even see a unicorn or two roaming the grounds. When I walked into my room there was a complimentary fruit basket along with a handwritten note welcoming me back to The Standard. I feel completely at home there. They truly create a completely relaxing experience. We stayed in "The Wet Room" with a porcelain tub outside. Every morning we would wake up and do yoga outside of our room and then bathe in the tub. We would then put on our plush white robes and eat breakfast and then on to the hammam to spa. Walking through the spa is an otherworldly experience. What I also like about the spa is it is uni-sex, so you do not have to be separated from your lover when you spa. After spa time, we would take a dip in the bay and swim. At sunset you may even catch a school of dolphins swimming. The sunset view at the Standard is completely unobstructed and spectacular. Many people go to Miami Beach to go out and party, go to clubs, bars etc. and whilst we enjoy going out, every time we left The Standard we were counting the seconds until we could return and sit by the fire pit or relax in the waterfall hot tub (which is open for use 24 hours.) They even play relaxing music underwater in the pool. Every detail about The Standard Miami Beach is enchanting. The staff is also amazing - most notably Alex Lindao at the front desk and General Manager Ilan Segal. I highly recommend staying at The Standard if you are ever in Miami Beach- and I am a Miami native so I would know. If I could live there - I would.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was staycation to celebrate our 23rd anniversary. We loved it so much the first time we stayed here was for another anniversary -- had to get the house tented for termites, so we figured, Why not kill two birds with one massage session? I know the word "zen" is overused, but that's just the atmosphere The Standard exudes. The room decor is tasteful and restrained, but warm and welcoming, and as Simon and Garfunkel urged: Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home." Which you will in short order. The paths through the gardens lead to swinging chairs, hooded rattan sofas and, ultimately the restaurant, pool, the waterfall and the fabulous mud lounge. Slather yourself, then come clean in one of the bayside tubs -- it helps if the sun is setting. Inside await an array of massages -- the massage therapists reallly know their stuff! -- a hamman, steam room, sauna, rainforest shower and a steady supply of white towels. Throughout the entire spa and hotel, the staff is there to please and indulge you.

Room Tip: Spring for what's called a "garden large." These have a patio with a tub for a moonlit dip.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Took advantage of Spa month and had couple massages, some work out done, yoga and just lazing around by the pool, even though I live not too far from The Standard..I had a feeling this was it, a missing piece in a hectic work schedule. The spa was spectacular but laidback, chill and had that carribean vibe to it. Overall a perfect spot to get away, unwind and tweaked..both my girlfriend and me had an asian fusian massage from fazley, let me just say...dont let the package fooled you, a small dude with iron fingers and sure knew how to work your kink! Not often you get a treatment and felt comfortable from the get go, our therapist was cordial, pleasant and well trained. You might want to check with spa for occasional specials, give yourself a day to thoroughly enjoy the ammenities. My suggestion, get the spa special with a massage and scrub...fazley assured we would get satisfying results with other talented therapists but we have made our choice! Check out mud area by the pool and sunrise yoga. Food and beverage a little expensive, being a local we would east elsewhere and splurge on couple drinks by the pool.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple