My husband and I needed to relieve some stress and a place where we could forget about our recent hectic months and escape reality. we decided to go with a special " Stay for a day" and we upgraded it to an overnight stay with complimentary lunch, holistic hamam bath for two and access to the baths and pool area, and more...
Boy did it work! it was the most relaxing and stress free environment: no cell phone in some areas, soft voices, good spa music... the front desk clerk "JC" was very helpful, the staff was friendly and catered to our needs. We stayed in the medium garden room, we loved the design details and especially the mirrors in the bathroom :-) The room is not huge but there is enough space for what you need; most of your time will be spent outside. what you see in the pictures is what you get and it is awesome!The baths, steam room, sauna, sound shower...it is hot but your body will feel new and rejuvenated... next time i will get a massage in that room:-) Food was pricy but great. overall we had a very good experience and did not want to live we will definitely go back. TIP: the infinity pool has a surprise and definitely go into all the little water spots around the pool and follow the steps - do not be scared of the arctic plunge. Last: go during the week if you can there will be less people...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach