The Standard, Miami
$299
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$369
$428
$322
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$263
$230
Priceline
1,953 results
All reviewsfire pitlido restaurantspa hotelcold plungeunderwater musicsunrise yogasteam roomsouth beachjuice baramazing spainfinity poolbiscayne bayoutdoor restaurantfavorite hotelgreat poolpool siderooms are small
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I went to The Standard on a Sunday afternoon for a pedicure and a "hula-hooping" tricks class. First of all, the Hoopla Jam was great and had nothing to do with the bad service, bad attitude and poor upkeep of this hotel.
The hotel was trying to be "70 's retro", but actually needed alot of updating. The elevators were tiny and slow. The spa, while pretty, had no updated pedicure chairs. I received a pedicure with a warm bowl of water on the floor.
I had to pay for the Hoopla event at the spa and the staff had no clue where it was or what was going on. When I finally paid for the event, the staff at the spa had no change for a 20!
Another issue is the "Lido Bar & Grill ". I got a drink at the bar and the tip was included in the price. It was $17.50 for a tequila sunrise!!! I asked the Lido hostess about dinner and she told me that while making reservations is good, getting two people seated would not be a problem. Later that evening it was a 45 minute wait. I left.
The WORST PART IS THE VALET! DO NOT LOSE YOUR TICKET! It will be $30 if you do! The desk staff at Standard were rude and obstinate about this fee over lost valet tickets!
GETTING YOUR CAR FROM VALET TOOK 25 MINUTES. My husband who showed up to retrieve me-paid $10 just to pick me up, and we waited forever to get our car.! Other customers who were also waiting were FURIOUS over the long wait and some were freaking out over planes that they had to catch! Party and vacation at some other hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Assassin8
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear Assassin8
The Standard Spa celebrates Sundays drawing many locals and tourist alike week after week. Each Sunday we highlight our Lazy Sunday Dock Party, Brazilian Barbeque and Love Life Bingo. Being the busiest day of the week I am sad to hear of your challenges. We strive to improve our service daily and promise that this experience is not an expression of who we are as a culture. I hope you will give us another opportunity and look forward to welcoming you back to The Standard Spa very soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2011

While the pool at this hotel is beautiful and the restaurant has a great view, it is a $10 cab ride from the main drag in Miami Beach. Service was also very slow and not professional.

More importantly, at the end of our stay our bill was completely wrong and it took 45 minutes to sort it out. We had to push very hard for the hotel to honor the early week special we booked. The front desk could not resolve the problem and made us go to the spa office on the third floor, but as it turned out it was a front desk problem. They really gave us the runaround.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear Lala 135,

We appreciate your feedback as we strive to make improvements daily. Our property is located on Belle Island and its unique location allows our guests to lose themselves in the spa centered culture. We apologize that the service seemed slow and challenging. This occasion is not a reflection of what is the norm on our property. We look forward to making it up to you on your return!

Reviewed March 7, 2011

I agree with most of the other reviewers, this is a great spot to chill during the day. The pool is wonderful and the simpleness of the spa is fantastic, especially the steam room and the Hamam. The food is healthy and wonderful and breakfast is out of this world. We stayed in the nicest room 1 BR suite # 90...has it's own large private balcony and living room and large bathing area looking over the water...pretty cool, but something seemed amiss in the room department. Knowing it is super simple and that is the concept, it still felt kind of flat, worn and not very comfortable to hang out in. We couldn't put our finger on it, but both of us agreed we probably would not stay here again but would come for a spa visit. The staff was pretty split and this is the real reason we probably wont stay here again....some were fantastic and others were clueless and could of cared less about service. The BEST and I mean the BEST person to go see here is a massage therapist named Maureen Rudy (not sure if that is how to spell her last name). One of the best massage therapists you will ever encounter, and I have had thousands of massages (no joke)....Go here to get a treatment from her, hang for the day, enjoy some food and then move on. The spa is unisex which is fine and the locker rooms and gym are not so great. The treatments from Maureen is where it's at! Maureen has amazing hands and should be voted best in Miami!
If you like very low key, very chill and somewhat flat service you may love this place but if you want better service and slightly upgraded rooms and the beach go else where. The location of the Standard is a 10 minute walk to Lincoln road and a 10 minute run to the beach...pretty cool. The out side bar is nice for breakfast, lunch or happy hour. The wine selection is not so good. I think I liked the fact that lots of people walked around in their robes all day and night and mixed right in with the other scene. This is a place to get really chill.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bobolito
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I just came back from a three night weekend holiday at the Standard Miami and it was superb! We really enjoyed the resort like atmosphere and indulged in the luxurious pool and spa amenities. Try the mud bath - so unusual and totally worth it!

The clientele were stylish, hip and respectful - which is so refreshing from the typical loud, obnoxious cheesy crowd you find at other SoBe properties. Plus there are no kids allowed, so you don't have the awful splashing, squealing pool scene either. They do allow small well behaved (and well groomed) dogs, which is nice since we are dog-lovers. Overall, we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I liked the pool atmosphere and the outdoor restaurant at night. Spa was also very good. Room was unacceptable for the price range. The shower drain was elevated above the toilet and there was no shower lip so taking a shower involved constructing a water barrier with towels otherwise the whole bathroom turned into a swamp. Ridiculous. Also, the outdoor deck looks onto nothing, has sharp rocks over half of it and is not private at all. Maintenance crews made a ton of noise and the service was generally weak (like a lot of Miami hotels). Make sure you get a refurbished room if you stay here but I recommend staying somewhere else and buying a day pass at the pool or visiting for the spa which was quite nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Etdale,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay, the property is truly a hidden gem located on Belle Isle secluded from the south beach scene. I would like to apologize about the experience you had in regards to your room. The design of the rooms is deeply rooted in Scandinavian modernism, accommodations that are simple and clean. The maintenance problems you experienced are not reflective of our service and have been corrected. I hope you will stay with us again and get to experience what our property truly has to offer.