“Nice place and entertainment, but they rip you off!”

Mango's Tropical Cafe
Book In Advance
More Info
$59.00*
and up
Sip Mojitos & Learn to Salsa to Live Tropical Band
Ranked #6 of 101 Nightlife in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff gets into the party at this popular dance club, offering merengue and salsa along with straight up rock.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went with a group of friends for a bachelorette party. We pre-paid for our dinner & show reservation, which cost each of us $96 ($75 plus auto grat and tax). When we got there, all was well, we had a nice table in front of the "stage" area. We were told everyone could spend up to $75 for food and drinks. OK. I work as a restaurant manager so right off the bat I was unsure how the restaurant would keep track of it--are they going to run a bill for each person to keep track of how much we spent? Are they going to give us bracelets? Anyway...we enjoyed the entertainment, the place is really nice to look at, the lighting is great, etc. Drinks were about $12 each. I had two. Two. I ordered a 3rd and never got it. We did a round of shots which might have been like $15 each (the mixed drinks were only $12 so I can't imagine a shot was more than $15). Several of us got small appetizers or split entrees so that we would have more $$ to drink with. Two girls split chips and salsa and I had a shrimp cocktail. Other girls got salads and two girls split a large entrée. My other friends might have had 3 drinks each. Well I was doing the math in my head and there is no way we spent $600 total (8 girls). This was all well and good because I thought we'd be able to sit at the table the entire time until we reached our limit. But no. After about an hour and a half we were told that they needed the table for other parties (there were other empty tables in the dining area). The reservations were made by another one of the girls, who didn't speak up and complain...I was angry. So I paid $96 for 2 drinks ($24 total), one shot ($15ish), and a shrimp cocktail ($19). Are you kidding me?!?!! I didn't even have a buzz...was happy up until that point...went upstairs to the voodoo room and decided to buy a drink (mad that I had to buy one since I already paid nearly $100 to the place), got a long island iced tea and it was $20!!!!!! So ridiculously overpriced! I left feeling like I got ripped off, which is a shame, because the entire time I was there before they kicked us off our table I was thinking about how I would bring my husband there next time we go to Miami. Not now...beware of pre-paying, they will rip you off. We would have done better just walking in and getting a table for 8 and paying a check at the end of the meal.

3  Thank pangiebear1119
Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"happy hour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Mango's was a staple for me when I was a frequenter in SoBe in the late 90s early 2000s. Now its more mundane and the girls look like they need steak sandwiches. Overall had a great time because I was in good company.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Beautiful ladies taking care of their customers.... Good shows constantly going on... Rock on...... Me and my new friends enjoyed ourselves so very much. It isn't for children or the faint of heart but it is a cool place to go and see good ent4ertainment and beautiful ladies taking care of their customers....

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our second trip to MIA and our first visit here was amazing fun! This second time around we came on the 4th of july. It was crazy the line was long as heck but we know this place was a for sure good time. One of the bouncers even let us go straight in which was way nice of him since it was so busy. Our server up stay to a very long time to bring us drinks and food but it was the 4th of july so we didnt mind it but she did get mad that we did get drinks at the bar even though we ordered from her. Over a fun time!!