$372
$209
$156
Kimpton
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$254
Official Website
$359
$329
Hotels.com
$317
$279
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$275
$328
Official Site
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$319
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$263
$175
  • Pool
All reviewstriple bunkscroissant sandwichcommon roomrooftop loungedrink specialsin south beachcan't beat the locationperfect locationper nightcleaning staffclubsmiamijose
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Even though there were 12 of us in 2 six bed rooms, I had a great time. Yes, there is only one bathroom for 12 people but it did not pose a problem. Everyone was courteous and did not hog the bathroom. The ages of the woman was 20 years old up to 71 years old. One of the women in the room was a salsa instructor and all of us crowded into one room and we learned to dance salsa. The music came from her laptop. We then went to the hottest club in town called MANGOS (a few doors down) and we danced the night away! Also, there was a young woman from Japan whose luggage was lost during her flight. Everyone chipped in and gave her clothes to wear including toiletries and we took her out for a night on the town. I called the airport the next day after she tried without success to get someone to help her. I talked to airline staff and finally escalated my call and asked for a manager This was well after the first 24 hours when they kept telling her they did not know where her luggage was. We joined hands and prayed together and asked Jesus to find her luggage. Her luggage arrived at the hostel just 5 hours later. Prayer is always an option and I think it also helped that someone spoke good English to them. I believe when someone does not know the English language too well, the airport personnel may not take that customer seriously. We also demanded of them to find her bag because there was something in it that was critical and that we needed immediately (which was her toothbrush :)). One 48 year old woman from France did not speak English so I took her sightseeing with me and all the women included her in the activities even though she was very shy and was hesitant to go with us. When two younger women arrived 2 nights later and I heard them speak English and French, I woke her up and yelled, "your people are here!!!! They speak French!!!! She rolled over in her bed , looked startled, and I kept saying French, French, French and pointed to the two women. I told them to say something in French and when they did, she bounced out of bed and started speaking French to them immediately. She was so excited that we all had to laugh. She literally talked to them for hours and smiled the entire time! I guess the dead can really come back to life....all you need is someone who speaks the same language! Anyway, these are just a few examples of the great time we all had. We were strangers at first but became a family right away. We immediately embraced each newcomer and hugged those who left to travel elsewhere. We shared our email addresses and we all really had a great time! We have already started emailing each other! I am over 50 years old and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I haven't this much fun since my college days. We laughed constantly and worked through the language barriers. We shared clothes, shoes, and toiletries like lotion and shampoo and made sure we were all having a great time. Our room was clean, we felt safe, the staff was great and we appreciated being alive, happy and in Miami!!! Thanks Decowalk Hostel. I will certainly return!

Room Tip: If you ask for a room at the end of the hallway which is at the rear of the building and further away from the street, you will not hear any noise from the street. Remember, you are on Ocean Drive in the center of South Beach action where there are boutiques, clubs, and fine restaurants. You are directly across the street from a world famous beach. There is no better location for a hostel for the price. The rooms are on the second floor. This hostel even has a well appointed roof with a Jacuzzi, bar, tables, sunning beds, etc. to party or just relax and you can see all the action below if you choose to stay in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
mikeo856, Manager at Ocean Blue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We really appreciate it. Glad to hear you had a blast! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for a couple of weeks while going around South Florida. For the money and the location the hostel is awesome, there is a chill rooftop bar and lounge with jacuzzi and pool table that gives you a sweet view of Ocean Drive and the Ocean itself across the street. They play good music and its just a great hangout spot before hitting the strip of Ocean Drive. The hostel itself is clean and modern with great staff you feel like you are in one of the coolest places in South Beach, plus its right on the ocean who can beat that? The entire staff is accommodating and really chill they are always asking if you need anything and are very respectful of your space. The rooms are interesting its 12 people with a wall dividing the room with 6 beds in each room, with one shared bathroom. At first I thought it was going to be a bad experience, but it was not. Most people get up early and head out or sleep in so getting a shower in and having the room to yourself at times is more than possible while others are out. IF you dont like your room the staff are more then willing to find you a more suitable bed. Overall great experience, loved it and spent a lot of time on the roof it was great.

Room Tip: Surprising all the rooms are quiet despite all of the club surround the hostel, try to get a bottom bunk they are the most private.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for a night, twas awesome. The location is awesome: in front of the beach and near all the happening places (clubs, restos, etc). The hostel rooms are decent and the bathrooms are not that dirty. Been to some hostels in Europe and Deco Walk is cleaner than them. The rooftop lounge is awesome, nice to sober up there and meet random people (locals and other travellers). I honestly spent more on drinks and parking, the prices are def reasonable. Wish they had something like a 3 bars, 1 night type of deal.. where you can pay a set amount to go to 3 different clubs with other groups of people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We really appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a Hostel, however I did not mind saving over 100 dollars per night by choosing to stay here. The staff here is super friendly and very informative. The only thing I did not like was that there was some staff members trying to sell me "club VIP passes" to the local bars for an expensive price, when those clubs have a cheap/no cover. I went to the LGBT and Miami (Mainland) clubs therefore I did not even have to pay for cover for the most part.

The location for this Hostel is EXCELLENT !!! The staff tries to keep the rooms clean as much as possible by spraying Lysol and all the good housekeeping stuff. They also have free breakfast and while i was there they had BBQ for dinner (free at the time) .

I would definitely stay here again if I am in Miami Beach. I would highly suggest you stay at Fort Lauderdale for a day or two.

Room Tip: Check in is at 3PM There is one private restroom per dorm room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
mikeo856, Owner at Ocean Blue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Seriously, you are across the street from the beach and on the infamous Ocean Drive, where you can watch all the cool cars and hot guys cruise by :) There are many shops and restaurants that you might start acting like a diva yourself!

The staff are super nice and I booked through Patricia and she is super nice! Very accomodating and friendly.

You couldnt ask for a better location, with one of the only rooftops on the beach and a great happy hour, free breakfast and no curfew - that's the best part!

Room Tip: There isnt a fitness center
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your such a great review. We really appreciate the 5 star rating! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!