$190
$136
Kimpton
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Website
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$288
$279
$389
$229
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $277/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$284
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$299
$262
$195
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$322
$225
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewstriple bunkscroissant sandwichcommon roomrooftop loungedrink specialsin south beachcan't beat the locationperfect locationper nightcleaning staffclubsmiamijose
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

After moving from another awful hostel in South Beach, Deco Walk surpassed all of my expectations.
First impressions are nice the front is modern and impressive. It's above a yoghurt bar undergoing construction so when you enter the side door men were working but this caused us no disruption at all.
Upon on arrival a member if staff helped us with our luggage there is an elevator but it was out of service.
We stayed in room 2, all of their 6 bed dorms are really 12 bed dorms split by a door so you could share with up to 12 people, don't let this out you off it was kept clean throughout our stay.
The location is right on Ocean Drive the focal feature of South Beach :)
The rooms were kept immaculate and the beds were comfy, one of the nicest pillows out of all of the hostels I've tried !
The terrace was lovely only $6 for a cocktail plus buy one get one free for South Beach that's a dream!
Overall really great place to stay! Excellent in to wifi too :)

• Stayed: May 2013
mikeo856, Owner at Ocean Blue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for the review. Glad we were able to salvage your trip and hope you had a blast in South Beach!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a modern hostel in a deco building in South Beach. It is located close to an airport bus stop, And has a fantastic location as you can walk across ocean drive and your on the beach. The room was a bit small but was clean and secure. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
mikeo856, Owner at Ocean Blue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for your review! Hope to see you back soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I wasn't impressed with this hostel (I was in room #10). I was only there for 2 days & I stayed in the co-ed mixed dorm for 6 people. Here are the key points I'd like to make:

The Good:
1-The location is VERY IDEAL if you are interested in staying in the heart of South Beach. Although you are directly on the strip, it is very quiet inside the hostel itself
2-The atmosphere is nice-you don't have to walk far to get anything
3-The staff is very friendly & extremely helpful
4-The hostel itself is clean
5-The rooftop provides a great view of South Beach! The jacuzzi looked nice, but there was NO way I was getting in that thing (it looked dirty) & during my entire stay I never saw one person utilize it

The Not so Good:
1-The 6 person room is actually inside another 6 person room so it's not truly a 6 person room (moreso like a large room with a door separating the 12 (6 & 6)
2-The bathtub in our room was horrible! It wasn't clean at all & it smelled of mildew. Also, there is not a shower door-more like a clear 1/2 glass --so be mindful of that
3-The breakfast is not a breakfast-it's more like toast (the cheap dollar white bread) & juice & coffee. I was expecting much more from the other reviews I read, however I didn't even bother once I saw what they were offering
4-The thin blankets they were offering for covers reeked of must---I'm not sure if they were just not cleaned well, but I didn't use them-I just slept with the sheets they provided

I think that was/is about it. Overall, i would not stay here again. Every hostel is different & each one is an experience, however this one, I will not stay at again.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the building are the most quiet (I was in room #10)--however all the rooms for the most part from what I understand are quiet-for it to be on the strip, the sound quality was awesome-you didn't hear so much noise from outside.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Monica O
mikeo856, Owner at Ocean Blue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your review- you really listed out some our best qualities, and for that we appreciate it. For the not so good, our room layouts are just that, as you described and referenced on our website, but there are private rooms available too. We do have new housekeeping staff and all rooms have been through a detailed cleaning. We hope tyou remember the good times with us and try us again!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

There are only 2 good things about this hostel...1) The location, right on Ocran Drive literally a 2min walk to Miami South beach 2) Rooftop bar.
However this hostel is a shambles! Constant construction ment disturbance throughout the day. Often they closed off the lobby which is the only place to chill! The rooftop is awesome however it is never busy as management have no idea how to promote it therefore not really a "party" hostel.
The dorms are not 6 bed rooms they have 12 beds and a "false" wall to separate to make it 6x6. Ironically the night staff were the most friendly and awesome some of the day staff seemed clueless & miserable.
Not cheap and their main focus is purely to take your money.
This hostel does not have a good vibe. Would not stay here again. Miami Hostel eventhough it is alittle further away is so much better

• Stayed: April 2013
mikeo856, Manager at Ocean Blue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Tanya,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - the good and the bad. You'll be glad to know the construction is over! The parties are great too - check out our facebook page for recent photos. We even can get you into clubs like Mansion and Liv if you check us out in the near future!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Unfortnately i'd stayed at another hostel the previous night and had done a trip to Key West which meant I didn't check in at the hostel til 2am ...went back out til 4am slept and then left at 10:30. Of course during this time i didn't get to experience much of the facilities but the staff were really friendly with a great sense of humour, the other guests were friendly, inviting me out as soon as i arrived, the room was comfortable and clean and the price was very fair. The location is great, right on Ocean Drive and 2 doors down from Mango's!

Room Tip: If you get the top bunk (they are stacked in 3's) mind your head when you wake up ;-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for the review! Traveling with you sounds like fun!